Author Topic: Man With Down Syndrome Tells Congress ‘My Life Is Worth Living’  (Read 2383 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Frank Stephens, a man with Down syndrome, told a congressional committee on Wednesday that his life is “worth living” while condemning the “final solution” proposed by abortion advocates who would kill babies with the genetic condition.
“Seriously, I don’t feel I should have to justify my existence. Is there really no place for us in the world?” Mr. Stephens, a screen actor and spokesman for people with Down syndrome, told the assembly. “Surely happiness is worth something.”

“Let’s be America, not Iceland or Denmark,” Stephens said, referring to recent reports chronicling the near-100 percent abortion rate of unborn children diagnosed with Down syndrome in those countries.

As Breitbart News reported in August, the vast majority of pregnant women in Iceland whose babies test positive for Down Syndrome end up aborting their children, a statistic that many tout as a sign of “progress.”

“My understanding is that we have basically eradicated, almost, Down syndrome from our society—that there is hardly ever a child with Down syndrome in Iceland anymore,” said Kari Stefansson, a geneticist and the founder of deCODE Genetics, a company that has studied nearly the entire Icelandic population’s genomes.

In response, Patricia Heaton, the pro-life star of ABC’s The Middle tweeted: “Iceland isn’t actually eliminating Down syndrome. They’re just killing everybody that has it. Big difference.”

Follow
Patricia Heaton ✔@PatriciaHeaton
Iceland isn't actually eliminating Down Syndrome. They're just killing everybody that has it. Big difference. #Downsyndrome #abortion https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/897254042178650113
9:56 PM - Aug 14, 2017
 2,270 2,270 Replies   17,554 17,554 Retweets   28,680 28,680 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
In his address at the Capitol, Mr. Stephens stated: “Some people say prenatal screens will identify Down syndrome in the womb, and those pregnancies will just be terminated. It’s hard for me to sit here and say those words. I completely understand that the people pushing this particular ‘final solution’ are saying that people like me should not exist.”

Last month, abortion giant Planned Parenthood won a major legal victory in Indiana guaranteeing women the right to continue aborting their children based on the child’s sex, race or genetic condition, such as Down syndrome.

U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Walton Pratt, an Obama appointee, issued a permanent injunction against Indiana’s “Sex Selective and Disability Abortion Ban,” declaring that provisions of the law “violate the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.”

HEA 1337 outlawed abortions based on the sex or race of the child or a prenatal diagnosis of “Down syndrome or any other disability,” leading Planned Parenthood and the ACLU to bring a lawsuit against the state.

In her ruling, Judge Pratt defended sex-selective and disability-based abortions, stating that “it is a woman’s right to choose an abortion that is protected, which, of course, leaves no room for the State to examine, let alone prohibit, the basis or bases upon which a woman makes her choice.”

“The right to a pre-viability abortion is categorical,” Pratt declared, regardless of the particular motivation that drives a woman to seek it.

Several weeks ago, President Donald Trump issued a powerful statement in the defense of people with Down syndrome, calling for an end to discrimination based on genetic anomalies.

“Sadly, there remain too many people – both in the United States and throughout the world – that still see Down syndrome as an excuse to ignore or discard human life,” Trump said in an official statement recognizing Down Syndrome Awareness Month. “This sentiment is and will always be tragically misguided. We must always be vigilant in defending and promoting the unique and special gifts of all citizens in need.”

“We should not tolerate any discrimination against them, as all people have inherent dignity,” the President added.

In his testimony Wednesday, Frank Stephens echoed these same reflections at the Capitol.

“Whatever you learn today, please remember this,” Mr. Stephens declared, “I am a man with Down syndrome and my life is worth living.”

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Man With Down Syndrome Tells Congress ‘My Life Is Worth Living’
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 12:46:44 PM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 01:10:05 PM »

Wow I never realized he set that up.

What an awesome deal for those kids.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 03:48:48 PM »
might as well just have any person up there saying there say they think their life is worth living

doesn't make any difference if the person has a genetic disorder or not

not sure why Trumptards can't understand that

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 04:18:28 PM »
Downs really hits home with the average trump voter.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 06:53:09 PM »
So Strawman’s name is Frank?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 06:53:54 PM »

Frank Stephens, a man with Down syndrome, told a congressional committee on Wednesday that his life is “worth living” while condemning the “final solution” proposed by abortion advocates who would kill babies with the genetic condition.
“Seriously, I don’t feel I should have to justify my existence. Is there really no place for us in the world?” Mr. Stephens, a screen actor and spokesman for people with Down syndrome, told the assembly. “Surely happiness is worth something.”

“Let’s be America, not Iceland or Denmark,” Stephens said, referring to recent reports chronicling the near-100 percent abortion rate of unborn children diagnosed with Down syndrome in those countries.

As Breitbart News reported in August, the vast majority of pregnant women in Iceland whose babies test positive for Down Syndrome end up aborting their children, a statistic that many tout as a sign of “progress.”

“My understanding is that we have basically eradicated, almost, Down syndrome from our society—that there is hardly ever a child with Down syndrome in Iceland anymore,” said Kari Stefansson, a geneticist and the founder of deCODE Genetics, a company that has studied nearly the entire Icelandic population’s genomes.

In response, Patricia Heaton, the pro-life star of ABC’s The Middle tweeted: “Iceland isn’t actually eliminating Down syndrome. They’re just killing everybody that has it. Big difference.”

Follow
Patricia Heaton ✔@PatriciaHeaton
Iceland isn't actually eliminating Down Syndrome. They're just killing everybody that has it. Big difference. #Downsyndrome #abortion https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/897254042178650113
9:56 PM - Aug 14, 2017
 2,270 2,270 Replies   17,554 17,554 Retweets   28,680 28,680 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
In his address at the Capitol, Mr. Stephens stated: “Some people say prenatal screens will identify Down syndrome in the womb, and those pregnancies will just be terminated. It’s hard for me to sit here and say those words. I completely understand that the people pushing this particular ‘final solution’ are saying that people like me should not exist.”

Last month, abortion giant Planned Parenthood won a major legal victory in Indiana guaranteeing women the right to continue aborting their children based on the child’s sex, race or genetic condition, such as Down syndrome.

U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Walton Pratt, an Obama appointee, issued a permanent injunction against Indiana’s “Sex Selective and Disability Abortion Ban,” declaring that provisions of the law “violate the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.”

HEA 1337 outlawed abortions based on the sex or race of the child or a prenatal diagnosis of “Down syndrome or any other disability,” leading Planned Parenthood and the ACLU to bring a lawsuit against the state.

In her ruling, Judge Pratt defended sex-selective and disability-based abortions, stating that “it is a woman’s right to choose an abortion that is protected, which, of course, leaves no room for the State to examine, let alone prohibit, the basis or bases upon which a woman makes her choice.”

“The right to a pre-viability abortion is categorical,” Pratt declared, regardless of the particular motivation that drives a woman to seek it.

Several weeks ago, President Donald Trump issued a powerful statement in the defense of people with Down syndrome, calling for an end to discrimination based on genetic anomalies.

“Sadly, there remain too many people – both in the United States and throughout the world – that still see Down syndrome as an excuse to ignore or discard human life,” Trump said in an official statement recognizing Down Syndrome Awareness Month. “This sentiment is and will always be tragically misguided. We must always be vigilant in defending and promoting the unique and special gifts of all citizens in need.”

“We should not tolerate any discrimination against them, as all people have inherent dignity,” the President added.

In his testimony Wednesday, Frank Stephens echoed these same reflections at the Capitol.

“Whatever you learn today, please remember this,” Mr. Stephens declared, “I am a man with Down syndrome and my life is worth living.”

Pro abortion folks will not like this.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 07:36:58 PM »
Pro abortion folks will not like this.

LOL

It's hilarious that you think they would give a shit

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 09:07:56 PM »
Trump doesnt care about kids. Ask his first whore wife

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 09:17:26 PM »
Trump doesnt care about kids. Ask his first whore wife

apparently you're not aware that the media can create some beautiful children

this video is fucking creepy

I guess that's a good thing for a Halloween photo op

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/trump-media-produced-beautiful-children-50771162

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 10:50:13 PM »
abort them all

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 11:10:05 PM »
abort them all
So you're pro-abortion
At least we agree on that topic

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 07:03:20 AM »
might as well just have any person up there saying there say they think their life is worth living

doesn't make any difference if the person has a genetic disorder or not

not sure why Trumptards can't understand that

Apparently, it does make a difference in Iceland and Denmark, according to the article.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 07:52:04 AM »
Apparently, it does make a difference in Iceland and Denmark, according to the article.

I don't live in Iceland or Denmark

Pretty sure Frank doesn't either

You live in Venezuela

What women in Iceland and Denmark choose to do with their bodies is none or your business (or mine or Franks)

and just in case you're wondering, what women in the United States do with their bodies is also none of your business (or mine or Franks)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 09:32:02 AM »
I don't live in Iceland or Denmark

Pretty sure Frank doesn't either

You live in Venezuela

What women in Iceland and Denmark choose to do with their bodies is none or your business (or mine or Franks)

and just in case you're wondering, what women in the United States do with their bodies is also none of your business (or mine or Franks)

You missed the point again.  Frank is saying he does not want the US to end up like Iceland and Denmark in that regard, aborting nearly 100% of unborn children diagnosed with Down syndrome.

You don't know where I live, and where I live is none of your business.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 09:42:56 AM »
You missed the point again.  Frank is saying he does not want the US to end up like Iceland and Denmark in that regard, aborting nearly 100% of unborn children diagnosed with Down syndrome.

You live in Venezuela or you used to
I really don't care

As usual, you also missed the point (even though I gave it to you twice)

Frank can "want" anything but it's none of his business what women in this country choose to do with their bodies

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 10:04:01 AM »
You live in Venezuela or you used to
I really don't care

As usual, you also missed the point (even though I gave it to you twice)

Frank can "want" anything but it's none of his business what women in this country choose to do with their bodies

You have no idea where I live or where I used to live.  It's none of your business, and if you really didn't care you wouldn't bring it up in every post you direct to me.  You seem obsessed.

Frank is entitled to his opinion, just as you are entitled to yours. 

And women in the US are not free to do with their bodies as they choose, not legally anyway.  Abortions in the second trimester of pregnancy are a crime in the US, for example.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 10:12:31 AM »
You have no idea where I live or where I used to live.  It's none of your business, and if you really didn't care you wouldn't bring it up in every post you direct to me.  You seem obsessed.

And women in the US are not free to do with their bodies as they choose, not legally anyway.  Abortions in the second trimester of pregnancy are a crime in the US, for example.

It's true that I don't care where you live but you did used to live in Venezuela

We've had this conversation before and I posted the links where you're talking about it with Hugo Chavez

Where ever you live now I'm guessing it's not in the US

If you lived here you'd know that women here ARE free to do with their bodies what they choose (within the law obviously)

They are free to choose to get an abortion for any reason that they want within the current laws (again OBVIOUSLY but for some reason I suspect I need to remind you of that) and it none of your business

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 10:34:25 AM »
Its great liberals aborting themselves out of existence,.  they cant win elections and less and less of them to contend with over time. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 10:41:58 AM »
It's true that I don't care where you live but you did used to live in Venezuela

We've had this conversation before and I posted the links where you're talking about it with Hugo Chavez

Where ever you live now I'm guessing it's not in the US

If you lived here you'd know that women here ARE free to do with their bodies what they choose (within the law obviously)

They are free to choose to get an abortion for any reason that they want within the current laws (again OBVIOUSLY but for some reason I suspect I need to remind you of that) and it none of your business

Where I live or where I used to live is none of your business, but you just keep on bringing it up.  Why so preoccupied with where I live or used to live?

How exactly is you saying that women in the US can do with their bodies as they choose within the law any different than what I just said?  Isn't that what I said too?  Is Frank saying anything different?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 01:19:56 PM »

Right?  The internet attracts some real weirdos. 

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 01:38:56 PM »

Straw man's not very smart

I don't know why you all indulge him

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »
Straw man's not very smart

I don't know why you all indulge him

Straw Man has just as much right to be on this forum as anyone.

He has been warned about getting too much into the personal stuff though.