Author Topic: DNC: White men shouldn't apply for tech jobs  (Read 869 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
DNC: White men shouldn't apply for tech jobs
« on: November 01, 2017, 12:54:11 PM »
THIS is racism.....

“Cisgender” lmao

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/01/dnc-white-men-shouldnt-apply-for-tech-jobs.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: DNC: White men shouldn't apply for tech jobs
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 01:11:38 PM »
THIS is racism.....

“Cisgender” lmao

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/01/dnc-white-men-shouldnt-apply-for-tech-jobs.html

"Cisgender is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned to at birth."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 01:58:34 PM »
Apparently they already have a lot of white males in positions in tech and are wanting to diversify. It's a reality of life these days. At my Department, there are 6 asst chiefs. Typically, when a black, Hispanic, female assit chief retires... they are replaced with like people. So if you are vying for an asst chief position and a black chief retires, you have no chance of promoting unless you are black. In 2017 I thought we had moved passed skin color or gender determining your qualifications but apparently not, this has been the practice for years.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 02:03:32 PM »
Apparently they already have a lot of white males in positions in tech and are wanting to diversify. It's a reality of life these days. At my Department, there are 6 asst chiefs. Typically, when a black, Hispanic, female assit chief retires... they are replaced with like people. So if you are vying for an asst chief position and a black chief retires, you have no chance of promoting unless you are black. In 2017 I thought we had moved passed skin color or gender determining your qualifications but apparently not, this has been the practice for years.

Who cares what color, gender or race they are as long as they're fully qualified? Any of that should have ZERO with hiring.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 02:07:31 PM »

Don't you support a political party that traffics in identity politics? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 02:32:16 PM »
Don't you support a political party that traffics in identity politics? 

I'm libertarian although the drivers license and other issues some libertarians want to politic on are down right embarrassing to me. They are the closest to my personal view of "Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone" philosophy of government

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 02:35:07 PM »
Couldn't agree more. It's discrimination no matter how you cut it. I'm all for making sure you weigh all candidates or potential employees fairly based on qualifications, and there have been cases historically where that wasn't happening, but I don't think that justifies reverse discrimination today

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 03:00:03 PM »
I'm libertarian although the drivers license and other issues some libertarians want to politic on are down right embarrassing to me. They are the closest to my personal view of "Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone" philosophy of government

I like a lot of what libertarians stand for, but they go too far for me.  Although I did vote for the space cadet in November. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 04:44:12 PM »
I like a lot of what libertarians stand for, but they go too far for me.  Although I did vote for the space cadet in November. 
I agree, they can be whacko. I guess my main priority is getting government out of my life.. my health choices, my vice choices, etc.. legislating morality doesn't work and throwing money (my money) at a social problem isn't always the answer. Personal responsibility. If what I do doesn't impact you, why should you care

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 08:32:56 PM »
The problem with being a libertarian is that you would have to assume that people are basically honorable and responsible for the concepts to work. That horse is well out of the barn.