Author Topic: Donna Brazile unloads on Obama and Hillary - this is awesome!! Ha Ha ha!!!  (Read 4612 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
No, I'm not. Trumps presidency has certainly exposed a lot of things about politics and America.
I, for one, am happy to see the corruption and deception of lifelong politicians being exposed. Now if the liberal media would actually cover it instead of 24/7 coverage of what Trump twittered. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
I, for one, am happy to see the corruption and deception of lifelong politicians being exposed. Now if the liberal media would actually cover it instead of 24/7 coverage of what Trump twittered. ::)

I think FOX could focus a bit more on the shadow of Trumps presidency, and CNN  and MSNBC could focus on other things other than that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Brazile to critics: 'Go to hell'
The Hill ^ | 11/05/17 | MALLORY SHELBOURNE
Posted on 11/5/2017, 10:17:57 AM by Leaning Right

Former Democratic National Committee (DNC) interim chairwoman Donna Brazile said the individuals urging her to keep silent about the problems she unearthed while helming the Democratic Party can “go to hell.”

“George, for those who are telling me to shut up, they told Hillary that a couple months ago. You know what I tell them? Go to hell. I’m going to tell my story,” Brazile told ABC’s “This Week.”

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
I think FOX could focus a bit more on the shadow of Trumps presidency, and CNN  and MSNBC could focus on other things other than that

Yeah, they could focus on this whole Russian thing how they influenced the election. They really haven’t given that much time. ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yeah, they could focus on this whole Russian thing how they influenced the election. They really haven’t given that much time. ;)

News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Hillary’s Campaign Accuses Donna Brazile Of Spreading ‘False Russian-Fueled Propaganda’
The Daily Caller ^ | 11/05/2017 | Michael Bastasch
Posted on 11/5/2017, 11:39:49 AM by ForYourChildren

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign responded to former Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chair Donna Brazile’s criticisms of the Clinton campaign, including the charge the campaign essentially rigged the 2016 primaries.

“It is particularly troubling and puzzling that she would seemingly buy into false Russian-fueled propaganda, spread by both the Russians and our opponent, about our candidate’s health,” reads a letter published online Saturday that was signed by former Clinton campaign officials, including Huma Abedin, Robby Mook, Jennifer Palmieri and John Podesta.

Brazile wrote an op-ed Thursday for Politico, claiming the DNC entered into an agreement that gave the Clinton campaign de facto control of the Democratic Party during the presidential primaries. Brazile also criticized former President Barack Obama for leaving the DNC buried in debt.

“Donna came in to take over the DNC at a very difficult time,” the signatories write.

“We were grateful to her for doing so. She is a longtime friend and colleague of many of us and has been an important leader in our party. But we do not recognize the campaign she portrays in the book,” the signatories, including Democratic strategist Jesse Ferguson, wrote in the open letter on Medium.

{..snip..}

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
 I was thinking about that when I made that previous post. These people are pathological. They just won’t let this shit go no matter how badly it fails.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Hillary’s Campaign Accuses Donna Brazile Of Spreading ‘False Russian-Fueled Propaganda’
The Daily Caller ^ | 11/05/2017 | Michael Bastasch
Posted on 11/5/2017, 11:39:49 AM by ForYourChildren

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign responded to former Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chair Donna Brazile’s criticisms of the Clinton campaign, including the charge the campaign essentially rigged the 2016 primaries.

“It is particularly troubling and puzzling that she would seemingly buy into false Russian-fueled propaganda, spread by both the Russians and our opponent, about our candidate’s health,” reads a letter published online Saturday that was signed by former Clinton campaign officials, including Huma Abedin, Robby Mook, Jennifer Palmieri and John Podesta.

Brazile wrote an op-ed Thursday for Politico, claiming the DNC entered into an agreement that gave the Clinton campaign de facto control of the Democratic Party during the presidential primaries. Brazile also criticized former President Barack Obama for leaving the DNC buried in debt.

“Donna came in to take over the DNC at a very difficult time,” the signatories write.

“We were grateful to her for doing so. She is a longtime friend and colleague of many of us and has been an important leader in our party. But we do not recognize the campaign she portrays in the book,” the signatories, including Democratic strategist Jesse Ferguson, wrote in the open letter on Medium.

{..snip..}

Jesus... This is getting priceless.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Jesus... This is getting priceless.

but she would NEVER lie about Benghazi! 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

So much dirt and grist - what a train wreck! 

I've been saying for years that the primary process is NOT a legit election.
In the end , the party can nominate ANYONE they desire.

The charges against Hillary here look legit and fair.
This issue is why Trump did his best to insure the primary vote would equal delegates.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
but she would NEVER lie about Benghazi! 

I sure wish the Republicans would have held a hearing on Benghazi. I'm surprised they didn't

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I sure wish the Republicans would have held a hearing on Benghazi. I'm surprised they didn't

::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
::)

that's it? no mention of the hearings to look into the very thing you claim is a problem?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why Donna Brazile's Story Matters – But Not for the Reason You Might Think
Common Dreams ^ | November 7, 2017 | Matt Taibbi, Rolling Stone’s chief political reporter
Posted on 11/7/2017, 10:39:45 AM by 2ndDivisionVet

Everyone knew the primary was rigged. The real question is: Why did they bother, when they would have won anyway?

Over the weekend, the Washington Post previewed passages from former DNC chair Donna Brazile's much-anticipated "blistering" tell-all book about the 2016 presidential campaign, Hacks. The piece written by Phillip Rucker originally included a passage that read as follows:

"Whenever Brazile got frustrated with Clinton’s aides, she writes, she would remind them that the DNC charter empowered her to replace the nominee. If a nominee became disabled, she explains, the party chair would oversee the process of filling the vacancy."

Later, the paper changed this and other passages, originally without an editor’s note. The new passage read:

"Whenever Brazile got frustrated with Clinton's aides, she writes, she would remind them that the DNC charter empowered her to initiate the replacement of the nominee. If a nominee became disabled, she explains, the party chair would oversee a complicated process of filling the vacancy that would include a meeting of the full DNC."

This was a significant change. It meant the difference between Brazile claiming she had unilateral power to change nominees, and claiming she had the power to start a discussion about changing nominees.

Hurricane Twitter naturally ran with the story about Brazile mistakenly believing she had unilateral power. There are countless examples, but for instance: here, here and here.

This became one of the key points of attack against Brazile, who is being loudly booted out of the Church of the Blue Establishment, mostly via social media condemnations.

There were other methods. Democratic strategist Jesse Ferguson penned a denunciation on Medium that included his expression of disappointment that Brazile would allow herself to be used by our foreign enemies.

The "open letter" from the Clinton campaign was signed by about a gazillion people, in the style of one of those academic letters of disavowal that have become popular tools against professors with "problematic" ideas. It read:

"We were shocked to learn the news that Donna Brazile actively considered overturning the will of the Democratic voters... It is particularly troubling and puzzling that she would seemingly buy into false Russian-fueled propaganda, spread by both the Russians and our opponent, about our candidate's health."

This has become a popular meme: That even paying attention to some of the core charges in Brazile's book is tantamount to aiding the Russians.

Markos Moulitsas tweeted as much by way of an analysis of @SecureDemocracy's "Russian propaganda tracker," the social media tool of the Alliance to Secure Democracy. (The Alliance is itself part of a groundbreaking effort to build a bridge between modern Dems and Bush-era neocons, but that's another story).

When it came out that eight out of the top 10 trending topics on the "tracker" this weekend were about the Brazile-fueled DNC scandal, this is what Moulitsas said: "If you’re letting the Right and the Russians drive your agenda, then it’s time to rethink your approach."

The use of rumors and innuendo to gin up furious emotional responses through a community before facts and corrections can catch up; the use of letters of denunciation; the reflexive charge that dissenting thoughts aid a foreign enemy – does no one recognize this? Has no one out there read a history book?

The headline revelations in Brazile's excerpt in Politico were interesting. She wrote that she had promised to get to the bottom of whether or not, as leaked/hacked DNC files suggested, the 2015-16 primary race against Bernie Sanders had been "rigged."

The excerpt starts off with Brazile anxiously preparing to call Sanders to share the bad news: "I had found my proof, and it broke my heart."

Actually, what Brazile found were things we mostly already knew. The worst had originally been reported on by Ken Vogel and Isaac Arnsdorf (then of Politico). The story among other things described how the national Clinton campaign used funds that by rule should have redounded to state Democratic Party offices.

Politico described this situation back then as "essentially… money laundering."

I wrote about this, too, after the DNC leak, believing that details about this were among the only significant things to emerge out of the otherwise tedious DNC leak.

The emails seemed to give weight to the charges in the Vogel-Arnsdorf story, which amounted to the Clinton campaign using state funds to make up for a shortfall at a time when Sanders was still viable and raising a lot of money.

But the idea that Brazile's book amounted to a smoking gun that the primary was "rigged" against Sanders is "problematic" in its own right, for two reasons:

1) That the DNC had things stacked against Sanders from the start wasn't secret. After all, the DNC wouldn't even let Sanders use their headquarters as a venue to announce his candidacy, way back in April of 2015. As the book Shattered explains it, DNC officials felt it was inappropriate to "give Sanders the imprimatur of the party." He made his announcement on a strip of grass outside the Capitol. He was never treated by the DNC as a real candidate, not from the first minute of his campaign.

2) But it didn't matter! Clinton would almost certainly have won the nomination anyway. As her proponents have repeatedly pointed out, the race wasn't that close. Even as a Sanders supporter, I concede this.

But that is what's so weird. Why bother monkeying around with rules, when you're going to win anyway?

Why not welcome Sanders and the energy he undoubtedly would (and did) bring into the party, rather than scheme to lock him and others out?

There are a lot of people who are going to wonder why so much time is being spent re-litigating the 2016 campaign. It sucked, it's over: Who cares?

It does matter. That race is when many of the seeds of what will be the defining problems of our age first began to be sown.

The rise of Trump and the crypto-fascist movement that crushed establishment Republicans is half of the story. The sharp move among many white middle American voters away from Beltway Republicanism toward something far darker and more dangerous crystalized in 2015-16. So it has to be studied over and over.

But there is an ugly thing on the other side that also began at that time.

This is when establishment Democrats began to openly lose faith in democracy and civil liberties and began to promote a "results over process" mode of political thinking. It's when we started hearing serious people in Washington talk about the dangers of "too much democracy."

This isn't about Hillary Clinton. It's about a broader movement that took place within the Democratic establishment, and spread rapidly to blue-friendly media and academia.

It's a kind of repeat of post-9/11 thinking, when suddenly huge pluralities of Americans decided the stakes were now too high to continue being queasy about things like torture, extralegal assassination, and habeas corpus.

In the age of Trump, we're now throwing all sorts of once-treasured principles – press ethics, free speech, freedom from illegal surveillance – overboard, because the political stakes are now deemed too high to cede ground to Trump over principles.

But this distrust of democracy began before Trump was even a nominee. As Brazile notes, it started within the ranks of the Democratic Party near the outset of the campaign.

It would have been a huge boon to Clinton's run if the DNC had welcomed not only Sanders but other serious candidates into the race, in the true spirit of what the primary process is supposed to represent – the winnowing of many diverse views into one unified message.

But the attitude in Washington is now the opposite. Primary challengers are increasingly seen as reprobates who exist only to bloody the "real" candidate. So they should be kept down and discouraged whenever possible.

As the campaign continued, and we saw both Trump's rise and results like Brexit, the "too much democracy" argument began to emerge even more, along with the embrace of techniques that would have horrified true liberals a generation ago.

In the last year, we've seen the blue-state establishment celebrate the use of the infamous FISA statute against American citizens, and the use of warrantless electronic surveillance against the same.

We've seen the ACLU denounced for defending free speech and we've seen sites like Buzzfeed celebrated for publishing unverified and/or slanderous material, usually because the targets are politically unpopular.

Liberals used not to believe in doing these things not only because they understood that they would likely be the first victims in a society stripped of civil protections (a school district forcing the removal of Black Lives Matter stickers is a classic example of a more probable future in a world without civil liberties).

No, they eschewed these tactics because they genuinely believed that debate, discussion, inclusion and democracy brought out the best in us.

The point of the Brazile story isn't that the people who "rigged" the primary were afraid of losing an election. It's that they weren't afraid of betraying democratic principles, probably because they didn't believe in them anymore.

If you're not frightened by the growing appeal of that line of thinking, you should be. There is a history of this sort of thing. And it never ends well.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Donna Brazile: Asked About Dossier Funding Before Election, Was Told She Didn't Need To Know
Common Sense Evaluation ^
Posted on 11/7/2017, 12:54:12 PM

Video: Donna Brazile: I Asked About Dossier Funding Before Election, “I Was Told I Did Not Need To Know”

(Excerpt) Read more at commonsenseevaluation.co m ...

:o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
It is good that she outed how Clinton used such dirty tactics, but this is the same person who helped Clinton cheat during the debate with Sanders.  I'm not giving her a pat on the back. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Tom Perez Admits Democratic Primary Was Unfair in 2016

“I’ll be the first to admit that the DNC didn’t put its best foot forward in 2016,” Perez told Thom Hartmann, on Tuesday.

November 7, 2017
2:56 pm

Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chair Tom Perez admitted that the DNC fell short on ensuring that the Democrats’ presidential primary in 2016 was fair for everybody who ran during an interview on Tuesday.

Perez appeared on “The Thom Hartmann Program” to discuss accusations that the DNC rigged the primary process in favor of Hillary Clinton.

Thom Hartmann asked Perez about these accusations and how he is working to resolve them.

“I’ll be the first to admit that we have to earn the trust of everybody,” Perez told Hartmann. “And I’ll be the first to admit that the DNC didn’t put its best foot forward in 2016 and because of that we have trust gaps.”

Perez then explained how he asked Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) to serve as DNC Vice Chair to ensure a unified party.

“That is my North Star every day. Leading with our values, making sure that everyone feels like the Democratic Party reflects their values, and is every single day ensuring that people get a fair shake, and making sure that the 2020 election cycle is fair for everybody. And we fell short on that in 2016,” Perez concluded.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Donna Brazile Lays Out How Obama’s Obsession With ‘His Image’ ‘Leeched’ The Democratic Party
dailycaller.com ^ | 11/7/17 | Thomas Phippen
Posted on 11/8/2017, 2:42:55 PM by ColdOne

Full title................... ....Donna Brazile Lays Out How Obama’s Obsession With ‘His Image’ ‘Leeched’ The Democratic Party ‘Of Its Vitality’................

The Democratic party was “leeched it of its vitality” by Former President Barack Obama and others in the lead-up to the 2016 election campaign, according to Donna Brazile, former interim chair of the Democratic National Committee.

“We had three Democratic parties: The party of Barack Obama, the party of Hillary Clinton, and this weak little vestige of a party led by [Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz] that was doing a very poor job getting people who were not president elected,” Brazile writes in her new book “Hacks: The Inside Story of the Break-ins and Breakdowns That Put Donald Trump in the White House,” released Tuesday.

snip

Obama “used the party to provide for political expenses like gifts to donors, and political travel.” Because he “also cared deeply about his image,” he used DNC funds for “his pollster and focus groups” late into his second term, even though he couldn’t run for president, Brazile said.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BRAZILE ON CLINTON CAMPAIGN: ‘IT WAS A CULT, I FELT LIKE IT WAS A CULT’
‘It’s bottom-up politics’
Nov 8, 2017 
0:00 / 1:15

The "arrogant" Clinton campaign was more like a "cult" than a political campaign.
That startling accusation came ... not front a Republican, but the former chairman of the DNC, Donna Brazile.
"It was a cult," Brazile said of the Clinton campaign. "I felt like it was a cult."
Brazile further said that the main reason Clinton lost was due to her "arrogance."
The comments came during an interview on MSNBC's Morning Joe.
Here's a transcript:
SCARBOROUGH: “Bottom line it for us. Why did they lose? Was it, at the end of the day, arrogance?”
BRAZILE: “Yes, Joe. It was a cult, I felt like it was a cult. You could not penetrate them. I mean, I — look, you can — I’m a grassroot organizer. I know street politics better than I know sweet politics. I know how to touch people where they live, work, pray, and play. But I cannot help a candidate, Joe, if I don’t have the resources, if I cannot spend the resources that the party is raising because there’s a blind agreement between —“
BRZEZINSKI: “—Exactly—"
BRAZILE: "— A campaign—"
BRZEZINSKI: "—Unspoken even"
BRAZILE: “—And, again, I want my party to come back from this stronger. I like what Tom Perez is doing. I know he said this is not about my book. Baby, I know it’s not about my book. But it’s about making much-needed changes and reform inside the party. I’ve sat at the table. I want to make room for others to sit at the table, but you have to come into the room knowing you have to change the recipe. Yesterday was a wake-up call for the Democrats, too. Because you know what? It’s coming from the bottom up. It’s not top-down anymore. It’s bottom-up politics now.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Donna Brazile wasn’t even allowed to swear in front of Clinton’s people
NY Post ^ | Nov 08, 2017 | Maureen Callahan
Posted on 11/9/2017, 1:19:05 AM by Oshkalaboomboom

“Hacks,” Donna Brazile’s memoir of the 2016 election, opens with a seemingly minor conflict: Months after the election, Brazile keeps checking her cellphone, waiting for her old friend Hillary Clinton to call.

“On Election Day, the tradition in politics is that candidates personally thank the people who helped most in the campaign,” Brazile writes. “Win or lose, in the days that follow, the candidate extends that circle of gratitude to members of the party and the donors. Bernie Sanders called me on November 9, 2016, and Joe Biden, too. The vice president even came to our staff holiday party. But I never heard from Hillary.”

When the call finally does come, in February, it’s a letdown. Brazile had served as interim chair of the DNC since July — “my second stint in this thankless job,” she writes — and Hillary, she says, offered up mere small talk and platitudes. Brazile felt like she was just another call to make, a transaction to complete. So much as a “thank you” is not documented here.

“This was chitchat, like I was talking to someone I didn’t know,” Brazile writes. “As the call wrapped up, Hillary said she hoped I would be okay. That was when I almost lost it . . . I was not okay. I had nothing left to return to.”

This anecdote is the Clinton campaign in miniature: Entitled, thoughtless, insular, reactive, remote, insincere. Small moments in Brazile’s book illuminate larger, holistic defects. In Hillary’s memoir, she blames her loss on racism, sexism, James Comey, Bernie Sanders, the Russians, Mitch McConnell, the media, the “deplorables.”

Brazile blames Hillary.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Donna Brazile Questioned If Seth Rich’s Death Involved Russians, Or His Race
Newsweek via Yahoo ^ | 11/9 | Max Kutner
Posted on 11/9/2017, 10:14:54 AM

Brazile discussed Rich’s death at least once with Hillary Clinton, she wrote, in a phone call after the 2016 election. “Don’t forget the murder of Seth Rich, I told her. Did she want to contribute to Seth’s reward fund? We still hadn’t found the person responsible for the tragic murder of this bright young DNC staffer,” she wrote. Clinton apparently responded, “You’re right.... We’re going to get to that.” Then Clinton ended the call, according to Brazile.

(Excerpt) Read more at yahoo.com ...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Donna Brazile wasn’t even allowed to swear in front of Clinton’s people
NY Post ^ | Nov 08, 2017 | Maureen Callahan
Posted on 11/9/2017, 1:19:05 AM by Oshkalaboomboom

“Hacks,” Donna Brazile’s memoir of the 2016 election, opens with a seemingly minor conflict: Months after the election, Brazile keeps checking her cellphone, waiting for her old friend Hillary Clinton to call.

“On Election Day, the tradition in politics is that candidates personally thank the people who helped most in the campaign,” Brazile writes. “Win or lose, in the days that follow, the candidate extends that circle of gratitude to members of the party and the donors. Bernie Sanders called me on November 9, 2016, and Joe Biden, too. The vice president even came to our staff holiday party. But I never heard from Hillary.”

When the call finally does come, in February, it’s a letdown. Brazile had served as interim chair of the DNC since July — “my second stint in this thankless job,” she writes — and Hillary, she says, offered up mere small talk and platitudes. Brazile felt like she was just another call to make, a transaction to complete. So much as a “thank you” is not documented here.

“This was chitchat, like I was talking to someone I didn’t know,” Brazile writes. “As the call wrapped up, Hillary said she hoped I would be okay. That was when I almost lost it . . . I was not okay. I had nothing left to return to.”

This anecdote is the Clinton campaign in miniature: Entitled, thoughtless, insular, reactive, remote, insincere. Small moments in Brazile’s book illuminate larger, holistic defects. In Hillary’s memoir, she blames her loss on racism, sexism, James Comey, Bernie Sanders, the Russians, Mitch McConnell, the media, the “deplorables.”

Brazile blames Hillary.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

Kind of reads like Clinton didn't handle losing very well, and Donna is hurt because she didn't get the respect she felt she deserved.. hard to feel sorry for her

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Kind of reads like Clinton didn't handle losing very well, and Donna is hurt because she didn't get the respect she felt she deserved.. hard to feel sorry for her

Plus, it reeks of Hillary feeling entitled to the dem nomination this time based on "paying her dues".

I saw Donna on a show wed after the big dem win in Va and she was walking back a few charges she made in the book.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Looks like she is calling out Pelosi now...  :D
a