Author Topic: The Left Eats Itself - Donna Brazile "I Felt Like A Slave"  (Read 2730 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
The Left Eats Itself - Donna Brazile "I Felt Like A Slave"
« on: November 04, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »
“I’m not Patsey the slave,” Brazile recalls telling them, a reference to the character played by Lupita Nyong’o in the film, “12 Years a Slave.” “Y’all keep whipping me and whipping me and you never give me any money or any way to do my damn job. I am not going to be your whipping girl!”

Former Democratic National Committee head Donna Brazile writes in a new book that she seriously contemplated replacing Hillary Clinton as the party’s 2016 presidential nominee with then-Vice President Biden in the aftermath of Clinton’s fainting spell, in part because Clinton’s campaign was “anemic” and had taken on “the odor of failure.”

In an explosive new memoir, Brazile details widespread dysfunction and dissension throughout the Democratic Party, including secret deliberations over using her powers as interim DNC chair to initiate the process of removing Clinton and running mate Sen. Tim Kaine (Va.) from the ticket after Clinton’s Sept. 11, 2016, collapse in New York City.

Brazile writes that she considered a dozen combinations to replace the nominees and settled on Biden and Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.), the duo she felt most certain would win over enough working-class voters to defeat Republican Donald Trump. But then, she writes, “I thought of Hillary, and all the women in the country who were so proud of and excited about her. I could not do this to them.”

Brazile paints a scathing portrait of Clinton as a well-intentioned, historic candidate whose campaign was badly mismanaged, took minority constituencies for granted and made blunders with “stiff” and “stupid” messages. The campaign was so lacking in passion for the candidate, she writes, that its New York headquarters felt like a sterile hospital ward where “someone had died.”

Hillary Clinton at a rally at Arizona State University in Tempe on Nov. 2, 2016. (Melina Mara/The Washington Post)
Brazile alleges that Clinton’s top aides routinely disrespected her and put the DNC on a “starvation diet,” depriving it of funding for voter turnout operations.

As one of her party’s most prominent black strategists, Brazile also recounts fiery disagreements with Clinton’s staffers — including a conference call in which she told three senior campaign officials, Charlie Baker, Marlon Marshall and Dennis Cheng, that she was being treated like a slave.

“I’m not Patsey the slave,” Brazile recalls telling them, a reference to the character played by Lupita Nyong’o in the film, “12 Years a Slave.” “Y’all keep whipping me and whipping me and you never give me any money or any way to do my damn job. I am not going to be your whipping girl!”

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: The Left Eats Itself - Donna Brazile "I Felt Like A Slave"
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 03:08:07 PM »
If she wrote a book without any controversial topics or claims.. would it sell? Asking for a friend

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 03:27:20 PM »
If she wrote a book without any controversial topics or claims.. would it sell? Asking for a friend

But why would she essentially write the book knowing she might get blackballed for throwing one of her own under the bus? Maybe retire from politics to just be a political analyst? Serious question.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 04:12:29 PM »
But why would she essentially write the book knowing she might get blackballed for throwing one of her own under the bus? Maybe retire from politics to just be a political analyst? Serious question.

Does she think Bernie is a viable candidate in the next presidential run and is angling for a job there... was it merely that she knew if she made claims like she considered replacing Hillary with Biden after she fainted (couldn't do it if she really wanted to so why mention it?} her book would get press, and increase sales? Did she really feel the need to come forward now, after noticing all that stuff and remaining silent when it counted most to speak up for some noble reason? Maybe it's a mixture.
Her motives, I question, like I do baseball players that take steroids for decades then suddenly when they are no longer in the game, feel compelled to reveal all their friends that were doing it. Having said that, it doesn't diminish the fact Hillary and the DNC were playing dirty politics and should be ashamed of themselves.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 05:31:02 PM »

Because her career is over and that book is going to have to pay for retirement.  The idea of replacing Hillary Clinton as the nominee is ridiculous.  She showed up sick in order to honor the victims of 9/11....I honestly find that admirable.
A

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 05:36:41 PM »
She never heard of Vince Foster or Seth Rich I guess?

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 06:51:31 PM »

Former Democratic National Committee head Donna Brazile writes in a new book that she seriously contemplated replacing Hillary Clinton as the party’s 2016 presidential nominee with then-Vice President Biden in the aftermath of Clinton’s fainting spell, in part because Clinton’s campaign was “anemic” and had taken on “the odor of failure.”

In an explosive new memoir, Brazile details widespread dysfunction and dissension throughout the Democratic Party, including secret deliberations over using her powers as interim DNC chair to initiate the process of removing Clinton and running mate Sen. Tim Kaine (Va.) from the ticket after Clinton’s Sept. 11, 2016, collapse in New York City.

Brazile writes that she considered a dozen combinations to replace the nominees and settled on Biden and Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.), the duo she felt most certain would win over enough working-class voters to defeat Republican Donald Trump. But then, she writes, “I thought of Hillary, and all the women in the country who were so proud of and excited about her. I could not do this to them.”

Brazile paints a scathing portrait of Clinton as a well-intentioned, historic candidate whose campaign was badly mismanaged, took minority constituencies for granted and made blunders with “stiff” and “stupid” messages. The campaign was so lacking in passion for the candidate, she writes, that its New York headquarters felt like a sterile hospital ward where “someone had died.”

Hillary Clinton at a rally at Arizona State University in Tempe on Nov. 2, 2016. (Melina Mara/The Washington Post)
Brazile alleges that Clinton’s top aides routinely disrespected her and put the DNC on a “starvation diet,” depriving it of funding for voter turnout operations.

As one of her party’s most prominent black strategists, Brazile also recounts fiery disagreements with Clinton’s staffers — including a conference call in which she told three senior campaign officials, Charlie Baker, Marlon Marshall and Dennis Cheng, that she was being treated like a slave.

"It has been run like a plantation, and you know what I'm talking about."

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 07:54:09 PM »
Black people always default to slavery.  Everything is slavery all the time.  Race race race race.  Nothing else matters but race.  They have no identity except for race.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 12:15:08 AM »
and another derailed thread

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 12:45:50 AM »
Brazile said that the Democrat Primary was rigged for Hillary Clinton.  Yes, and she was a part of it because she admitted to personally feeding Hillary the debate questions in advance.

Was she forced, like a slave, to do that?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/donna-brazile-finally-admits-she-shared-debate-questions-with-clinton-campaign/article/2617742

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 01:11:03 AM »
Brazile said that the Democrat Primary was rigged for Hillary Clinton.  Yes, and she was a part of it because she admitted to personally feeding Hillary the debate questions in advance.

Was she forced, like a slave, to do that?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/donna-brazile-finally-admits-she-shared-debate-questions-with-clinton-campaign/article/2617742

honestly if shes making those bold statements against the DNC its a plus
real men= no rubbers

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 03:15:35 AM »
Democratic party is a giant slave plantation - duh!!!   We have been saying that forever. 

Another idiot moron obsessed with race who can't break herself from her rich white leftists white massas in NYC and LA

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 08:34:35 AM »

She may have had enough and thought "fuk it".

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 08:20:59 PM »
I is so funny seeing the dems and media like CNN, call a Black women crazy.  If a rep did this they would get their asses handed to them.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 09:49:30 PM »
I is so funny seeing the dems and media like CNN, call a Black women crazy.  If a rep did this they would get their asses handed to them.

The flip side is suddenly the republicans think a black woman has credibility... either way you slice it..

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 08:17:37 PM »
To be fair why would you think she is lying or any less credible than anything else on CNN? She admitted to fixing the debate early on, which is not the same as her peers like Wasserman or Huma....or Hil-dog who will lie until the cows come home.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 08:40:21 PM »
To be fair why would you think she is lying or any less credible than anything else on CNN? She admitted to fixing the debate early on, which is not the same as her peers like Wasserman or Huma....or Hil-dog who will lie until the cows come home.

If you are talking to me, I don't think she is less credible. I think she is down playing her role, but the overall picture is probably accurate. Too bad she waited till it didn't really matter to grow a conscience. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 05:56:45 AM »
She never heard of Vince Foster or Seth Rich I guess?

Didn't realize Bill or Hill did prison time for murder.
I guess I missed it  ???

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »
Isn't this the same Donna Brazile who gave Hillary a debate question?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 05:49:23 PM »
Isn't this the same Donna Brazile who gave Hillary a debate question?

Like you don't know the answer to that.