Author Topic: America, The Grim Truth  (Read 2067 times)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
America, The Grim Truth
« on: November 05, 2017, 01:26:02 AM »
http://www.escapefromamerica.com/2010/06/escape-from-america-the-grim-truth/

"Consider this, you are the only people in the developed world without a single-payer health system. Everyone in Western Europe, Japan, Canada, Australia, Singapore and New Zealand has a single-payer system. If they get sick, they can devote all their energies to getting well. If you get sick, you have to battle two things at once, your illness and the fear of financial ruin. Millions of Americans go bankrupt every year due to medical bills, and tens of thousands die each year because they have no insurance or insufficient insurance. And don’t believe for a second that rot about America having the world’s best medical care or the shortest waiting lists: I’ve been to hospitals in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Singapore, and Thailand, and every one was better than the “good” hospital I used to go to back home. The waits were shorter, the facilities more comfortable, and the doctors just as good."

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: America, The Grim Truth
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 08:59:58 AM »
At what cost?

Even if single payer was a good idea, which it isn't, how are you going to pay for it?

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: America, The Grim Truth
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 01:18:27 AM »
http://www.escapefromamerica.com/2010/06/escape-from-america-the-grim-truth/

"Consider this, you are the only people in the developed world without a single-payer health system. Everyone in Western Europe, Japan, Canada, Australia, Singapore and New Zealand has a single-payer system. If they get sick, they can devote all their energies to getting well. If you get sick, you have to battle two things at once, your illness and the fear of financial ruin. Millions of Americans go bankrupt every year due to medical bills, and tens of thousands die each year because they have no insurance or insufficient insurance. And don’t believe for a second that rot about America having the world’s best medical care or the shortest waiting lists: I’ve been to hospitals in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Singapore, and Thailand, and every one was better than the “good” hospital I used to go to back home. The waits were shorter, the facilities more comfortable, and the doctors just as good."

You are going to get butchered on this forum for this statement even though you are basically right.