Author Topic: Intelligence: Liberals vs. Conservatives  (Read 5168 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Intelligence: Liberals vs. Conservatives
« on: November 07, 2017, 01:10:47 PM »
Based on your day-to-day interactions with people, how do you rate liberals vs. conservatives when it comes to overall intelligence? 

What about their respective knowledge and understanding of politics, current events, etc.? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Intelligence: Liberals vs. Conservatives
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 01:43:37 PM »
Based on your day-to-day interactions with people, how do you rate liberals vs. conservatives when it comes to overall intelligence? 

What about their respective knowledge and understanding of politics, current events, etc.? 

Most liberal people I know are hyper emotional about issues and know surface level understanding of issues that is reflected in what is on CNN or MSNBC - little else. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 01:50:51 PM »
Most liberal people I know are hyper emotional about issues and know surface level understanding of issues that is reflected in what is on CNN or MSNBC - little else. 

I've encountered quite a few like that.  Even some highly educated people who are otherwise pretty smart fall apart when it comes to political/social issues. 

I know conservatives who are off the rails with conspiracy theories, but they are a minority.   

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 02:17:59 PM »
Gee, what an insightful topic.  ::)  I wonder if posters will say that people who share their political affiliation are smarter and have more positive character traits, while those with differing views are dumber and have more negative character traits?

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 02:25:52 PM »
"I love the poorly educated."

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 02:26:20 PM »

At least you qualified these statements. Maybe you gravitate to hyper emotional people. Regardless of where people stand on the political left to right spectrum their level of general understanding of the issues is limited, this includes most politicians as well. I don't know about you, but I watch news and read articles from both the left and the right. Heck, most of the politically orientated posters on Getbig lean strongly to the right, including you. I lean left and I read your posts. I'm more of a "big picture" kind of guy. In my opinion, the truth in these matters are generally somewhere in the middle.

Take the Second Amendment rights give people the right to bear arms. The weapons people used when the article was written are nothing like the ones we have today. Why would anyone outside the military need semi-automatic and automatic weapons which are designed to take out a large number of people and fire at one second intervals? -Can't use these for hunting because they'd destroy whatever got hit. All the fire power any civilian needs to protect themselves and others is a pistol or a rifle.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »
Gee, what an insightful topic.  ::)  I wonder if posters will say that people who share their political affiliation are smarter and have more positive character traits, while those with differing views are dumber and have more negative character traits?

Yes, I agree.  So insightful you couldn't help commenting. 

Another trait I've noticed with a disproportionate number of liberals is arrogance.   

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 03:50:44 PM »

"I'll have those n***ers voting Democratic for 200 years."
a

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 04:02:02 PM »

I tend to think - From my limited interaction with Liberals & from what I see & Read
That a lot of Liberals are easyly Triggered if you don't agree with them & come across
As very Emotionally Weak / unstable Also Have a hard time with Factual statistics.

Not saying  that makes them less intelligent.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 04:03:37 PM »

I tend to think - From my limited interaction with Liberals & from what I see & Read
That a lot of Liberals are easyly Triggered if you don't agree with them & come across
As very Emotionally Weak / unstable Also Have a hard time with Factual statistics.

Not saying  that makes them less intelligent.

We've seen the emotional response in full effect since the election. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 04:09:18 PM »
We've seen the emotional response in full effect since the election. 

Yes very very true... Quite Rooms  ::)  Counsellors  ::)  Protests because 1 lost in a 2 person election  ::)

Mental Stability of Peace.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 04:21:09 PM »
Yes very very true... Quite Rooms  ::)  Counsellors  ::)  Protests because 1 lost in a 2 person election  ::)

Mental Stability of Peace.

Violence.  Censorship.  Intimidation. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 04:49:07 PM »

I love the "highly" educated with no commonsense.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 04:56:29 PM »

http://news.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/187661/trump-appeal-highest-among-blue-collar-men.aspx

It seems that Trump voters are less educated ( see poll).
Trump's base is composed of those WITHOUT a college degree.
Those with a college education are LESS likely to support Trump.

I did ok in school and got some formal education , so I fit into the poll trend.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 04:57:59 PM »
I love the "highly" educated with no commonsense.
PhD = "pile it high and deep" ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 05:05:47 PM »
http://news.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/187661/trump-appeal-highest-among-blue-collar-men.aspx

It seems that Trump voters are less educated ( see poll).
Trump's base is composed of those WITHOUT a college degree.
Those with a college education are LESS likely to support Trump.

I did ok in school and got some formal education , so I fit into the poll trend.

Ok?  And? 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 05:09:20 PM »
Ok?  And? 
The more education = the less likely  to vote Trump.
Hmmmmm ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 05:25:41 PM »
Hmmmmm ;)

::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 05:30:07 PM »
Hmmmmm ;)

lol...and you actually believe that.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 05:46:26 PM »
Donald knows his base and plays to their intellect with his elementary school tweets and repetitive simplistic speaking style.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 05:53:42 PM »
Donald knows his base and plays to their intellect with his elementary school tweets and repetitive simplistic speaking style.

Pretty silly to apply that label to all 62+ million people who voted for Trump. 

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 06:19:55 PM »
Pretty silly to apply that label to all 62+ million people who voted for Trump. 

Trump's base isn't the 46.4% of the electorate who voted for him, but rather about half of that number (maybe a little more) who are his core supporters.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 07:09:53 PM »
Yes, I agree.  So insightful you couldn't help commenting. 

Another trait I've noticed with a disproportionate number of liberals is arrogance.   

??? This makes no sense. I said "insightful", not "interesting". My commenting on the predictableness of a shallow, circle jerk thread doesn't prove it's either, though.

... and considering your well-documented history of being able to read minds, inability to click a link that opposes a point you're trying to make and your conveniently selective ability to comprehend English, it's probably safe to assume you're using a definition of "arrogance" that the rest of reality doesn't subscribe to.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 08:06:01 PM »

??? This makes no sense. I said "insightful", not "interesting". My commenting on the predictableness of a shallow, circle jerk thread doesn't prove it's either, though.

... and considering your well-documented history of being able to read minds, inability to click a link that opposes a point you're trying to make and your conveniently selective ability to comprehend English, it's probably safe to assume you're using a definition of "arrogance" that the rest of reality doesn't subscribe to.

Oh shut the heck up.  Stop trying to sound smart.   You're not.  You're a hack, incapable of independent thought.  And your analytical ability sucks. 

But thanks for your participation.   :)