Author Topic: Cha-Ching!! - Dow’s Rally from Trump’s Election Breaks Postwar Records$$$  (Read 1305 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

As America approaches the one-year anniversary of the election of Donald Trump, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is on target to book its best annual performance under a first-term president when measured from Election Day.

The Dow is up by around 29 percent since Trump’s November 8 election victory over Hillary Clinton. That’s the best post-election, one-year performance for a first-term president since Franklin Roosevelt’s in 1932.

The Trump stock market easily beats the first years of his recent predecessors. The election of Barack Obama in 2008 was followed by rise of just 1.8 percent. The stock market declined after George W. Bush’s election in 2000.

Stocks declined after the elections of 1980, 1976, and 1968.

The 1960 election of John F. Kennedy was followed by a nearly 20 percent rise in the stock market. George H.W. Bush’s election led to a rise in the Dow of 23.3 percent. Smaller gains followed the elections of 1948 and 1952.

Roosevelt’s rally, which saw the Dow rise by more than 50 percent, has never been surpassed.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Politics aside this is good for the USA and a +1 for Trump on the economic scene.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Politics aside this is good for the USA and a +1 for Trump on the economic scene.

DAMN!!!!

Howard actually being OBJECTIVE and giving Trump his due for the first time in a year!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
DAMN!!!!

Howard actually being OBJECTIVE and giving Trump his due for the first time in a year!

Hardly the first time I've posted something positive about Trump.
I tend to be objective and fair.

Unlike some here, if the other team scores, I don't pretend they didn't.

Plus a roaring investment market doesn't hurt my retirement funds  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Hardly the first time I've posted something positive about Trump.
I tend to be objective and fair.

Unlike some here, if the other team scores, I don't pretend they didn't.

Plus a roaring investment market doesn't hurt my retirement funds  ;)

lol.  Speaking of comedians . . . .