Author Topic: Bellator is using Conor to promote their latest event. "McGregor ran amok"  (Read 2061 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Bellator MMA ✔ @BellatorMMA
Madness in Dublin thanks to @TheNotoriousMMA!!! DO NOT miss #Bellator187 TONIGHT on @spike 9/8c

*Conor apparently slapped a ref and a Bellator Commissioner  ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
Re: Bellator is using Conor to promote their latest event. "McGregor ran amok"
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 08:02:41 AM »
Stupid move on his part.  He needs to get himself back under control.  UFC has to be pissed.  Way to give Bellator a bunch of promotion, while likely earning a suspension.  Conor seems to be trying to turn heel.  People are going to turn on him quick if he keeps this up. 

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 08:09:28 AM »
Thinks hes Mike Tyson, he aint close. fooking leprechan

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 08:09:57 AM »
Stupid move on his part.  He needs to get himself back under control.  UFC has to be pissed.  Way to give Bellator a bunch of promotion, while likely earning a suspension.  Conor seems to be trying to turn heel.  People are going to turn on him quick if he keeps this up. 

Honestly, I like it....lately MMA has been quite boring....nothing but a bunch of sweaty men rolling around to be on top and submit the other.  Conor did the sport a favor.
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 08:12:26 AM »
It's becoming a work like the WWE.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 08:35:05 AM »

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 09:07:41 AM »

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 09:31:09 AM »

:) Maybe but perhaps he's just to little.
a

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 09:39:56 AM »
He probably wants a suspension so he doesn't have to fight.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 10:38:10 AM »
Heads up.....Free UFC tonight.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 10:44:45 AM »
If he pisses off the brass enough, they'll feed him to GSP and knock him down a peg.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 10:46:56 AM »
If he pisses off the brass enough, they'll feed him to GSP and knock him down a peg.

And Dana White is very CAPABLE and likely very willing to make that exact thing happen at this point.

GSP would murder Conor McGregor.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 10:48:21 AM »
And Dana White is very CAPABLE and likely very willing to make that exact thing happen at this point.

GSP would murder Conor McGregor.

Yup, GSP is too big and strong for Conor, by far.  He'd make Conor look like a joke.  It's better to keep them apart and have them both as top draws, but if Conor pushes his luck, you never know, they might do it.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 03:12:16 PM »
mcgregor wins against anyone who doesnt have an iron jaw

nate diaz is a very bad match up because he doesnt get knocked out

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 03:53:24 PM »
mcgregor wins against anyone who doesnt have an iron jaw

nate diaz is a very bad match up because he doesnt get knocked out

McGregor has a great left, no doubt. However, if he tried his hand with GSP at 170, he'd get embarrassed.

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 06:20:55 PM »
Incoming  Dana White's meltdown.  McGregor should do couple of big money boxing fights and jump to wrestling and movies.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 06:58:50 PM »
McGregor has a great left, no doubt. However, if he tried his hand with GSP at 170, he'd get embarrassed.

Do you think that Conor could beat Bisping at 170?

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 07:47:47 PM »
Do you think that Conor could beat Bisping at 170?

I'd be hard pressed to imagine Bisping being able to cut all the way down to 170.  Bisping is replacing Anderson Silva in the main event at Shanghai.  That's a quick turnaround.  

Conor is a big 145 and 155, but he's a small 170.  He tipped his toe in that division, but would get taken apart if he stuck around in it.  I don't think Conor will have to worry about fighting for a while.  He'll be getting sanctioned for the B.S he just pulled. 

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 11:06:36 PM »
I'd be hard pressed to imagine Bisping being able to cut all the way down to 170.  Bisping is replacing Anderson Silva in the main event at Shanghai.  That's a quick turnaround.  

Conor is a big 145 and 155, but he's a small 170.  He tipped his toe in that division, but would get taken apart if he stuck around in it.  I don't think Conor will have to worry about fighting for a while.  He'll be getting sanctioned for the B.S he just pulled. 

Great post, Mr.1derful.  I want to address some of what you said, and also speak a little on a potential GSP vs. McGregor super-fight.  I want to start by addressing your points before I trail off in the last three paragraphs.  ;D

I think you are right with your implication that 170-lb would be very hard for Bisping to make.  I suspect he competes weighing over 205, so would it really be wise to cut to 170 and put on 35 or more pounds within just a few days?  Even GSP would probably have a tiny bit of difficulty cutting to 170, although I would bet money on GSP's ability to do so.

As you said, Conor may not be fighting for a while, especially if he behaves like this again - and it's quite possible that the damage is done already.  Although with the UFC's lackluster 2017 year [as best as I can tell, they have not been selling as many PPVs with McGregor out of the picture], the UFC may want to go easy on him.  My brother told me that when he threw those water bottles at the pre-UFC 202 presser, that one of the bottles hit a child.  I have not verified that though, but he also told me that McGregor was fined a massive amount for the incident.  I researched the matter myself, and found that the figure was $150,000:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/conor-mcgregor-fined-water-bottle-incident-1.3800630

Now to address things not in your post...  ;D

Now that GSP has come back and proven himself, I don't think there is any doubt who would win in a GSP vs. McGregor fight.  Furthermore, since McGregor would be competing at a weight above his natural walking-around weight, with GSP significantly outweighing him, I don't think anyone would hold it against McGregor for losing to GSP - just as Mayweather beating McGregor did not ultimately hurt McGregor's brand.  It would also be fantastic money for GSP, McGregor, and the UFC.

The UFC has been a bit bland without McGregor around which is why Dana White and the UFC gives him such a long leash.  But he's pushing it with some of his behaviour, clearly drunk on his own celebrity, and he will figure that out sooner than later.  A GSP/McGregor super-fight at a catch-weight would also give GSP 21 UFC wins, breaking Bisping's record for the most wins.  But with that in mind - I suspect Bisbing may still be around for a while.  At Bisping's age, I think the best thing for him to do would be to have the UFC pair him with a decent 185'er who is a good match for him, but one who would ultimately be an underdog.  Have that fight take place in London, and allow Bisping to retire from the UFC on a win, so that Bisping can still retire at least somewhat on top [this would be like Ronnie coming back in 2008 to win a lower level pro show and retire with on a W].  Contrast that with Johny Hendricks [or, in bodybuilding terms, Nasser El Sonbaty or even Ronnie] who stuck around too long and ultimately became a punching bag for younger guys - harming his legacy with each successive fight.

Nice to see so many fight fans here on Getbig.  :)