Author Topic: 18 inch arms at 75 years old!  (Read 29529 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: 18 inch arms at 75 years old!
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2017, 09:19:50 AM »

Maybe i should sell my soiled hot red thong to you.
How about 10000$ per one? :-*

werewolf operative

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2017, 09:36:49 AM »
Maybe i should sell my soiled hot red thong to you.
How about 10000$ per one? :-*

Best friend is japanese. Japan is based.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2017, 10:07:01 AM »
Best friend is japanese. Japan is based.

I am not right nor left. But one thing i feel.
I think all these korean and chinese things are in the plan which try to change the our law of the military force.
The world want us to do the war to save the world economic like America had been doing until now.
After world warII, USA had more than half amount of money of the world which is enough to cause the war.
But, now not. In stead, Japan can do it. But, Japanese law has inhibited us to send our military to the out of the sea.
Causing war can produce recovery effect to the economic crisis.
So to speak, Chinese and Korean wont fight against us. Also we are so connected to china and Korea in the economic base.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2017, 11:20:55 AM »
I usually have separation in my arms but because of DOMS they are a bit swollen. Some inflamation accompanies hypertrophy. What you can't see is how hard my arms are. Strong, too. That is why I know I have done something noteworthy. It is actually more difficult to get rid of excess fat than to build more muscle. My triceps have never been bigger.

You are fat, hence no separation. But you look healthy and strong for a 75 year old. Good for you!

NN

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2017, 07:18:37 PM »
You are fat, hence no separation. But you look healthy and strong for a 75 year old. Good for you!

NN

You are mistaken. I don't have my gym so I can't get someone there to confirm my measurement and condition. The photo was taken with window light directly in front of me. Any separation was washed out.
I will make an effort to reduce my bodyfat to reveal more definition. That will be more difficult than getting bigger. All you young guys will find this out in decades in the future. I can tell you I walk around confident and act much younger than my age. My triceps are bigger than ever and my arms are hard to touch when I slightly flex them.

One thing that no one has commented on is my training protocol. Only one exercise per body part. List another bodybuilder out there who duplicates what I do. Well, the two machines are probably unavailable to anyone else. I really should try to sell my biceps-supinator design. It really is the best biceps machine ever built. Nothing else comes close. Resistance in two degrees of freedom.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2017, 07:56:57 PM »
You are mistaken. I don't have my gym so I can't get someone there to confirm my measurement and condition. The photo was taken with window light directly in front of me. Any separation was washed out.
I will make an effort to reduce my bodyfat to reveal more definition. That will be more difficult than getting bigger. All you young guys will find this out in decades in the future. I can tell you I walk around confident and act much younger than my age. My triceps are bigger than ever and my arms are hard to touch when I slightly flex them.

One thing that no one has commented on is my training protocol. Only one exercise per body part. List another bodybuilder out there who duplicates what I do. Well, the two machines are probably unavailable to anyone else. I really should try to sell my biceps-supinator design. It really is the best biceps machine ever built. Nothing else comes close. Resistance in two degrees of freedom.

Solid arm for a man your age.
X

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2017, 10:33:07 PM »
"It might take twice or three times the effort to go from 17 inch arms to 19 inch arms.
Since most guys won't invest that much effort or are incapable of doing so, that would explain why there are not many guys with huge arms. "

Right on.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2017, 10:43:13 PM »
I find Vince's stuff inspiring for the most part, the guy's 75 years old and likely more full of piss and vinegar than any of his detractors will be at that age. I actually enjoy reading his take on hypertrophy, and while I question some conclusions others seem plausible and really made me think.

Vince takes the ribbing in stride and even in the face of some pretty low vibration insults simply doesn't give a fuck. A true GetBigger in my opinion, and deserves a lot more respect than he gets.

Nice work Vince!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2017, 10:48:35 PM »
Solid arm for a man of 45. For a man of 75... nicely done sir.
a

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2017, 10:58:19 PM »
I find Vince's stuff inspiring for the most part, the guy's 75 years old and likely more full of piss and vinegar than any of his detractors will be at that age. I actually enjoy reading his take on hypertrophy, and while I question some conclusions others seem plausible and really made me think.

Vince takes the ribbing in stride and even in the face of some pretty low vibration insults simply doesn't give a fuck. A true GetBigger in my opinion, and deserves a lot more respect than he gets.

Nice work Vince!

yep

he still lifts weights at 75, give the man credit I would say

some more ribbing

"

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2017, 12:13:58 AM »
I’d be pleased just to be alive at 75, vince does great for his age.

Vince should have patterned use of linear bearings in excercise equipment like ford did with heated front screens, he’d be loaded now

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2017, 01:05:22 AM »

It's called immaturity.

J

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2017, 03:55:34 AM »
"It might take twice or three times the effort to go from 17 inch arms to 19 inch arms.
Since most guys won't invest that much effort or are incapable of doing so, that would explain why there are not many guys with huge arms. "

Right on.

How.much can you barbell curl chief?

sceagacros

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2017, 05:27:18 AM »
How.much can you barbell curl chief?

No idea these days.
 I use concentration curls as an accessory for sets of 15-20 at the end of Front Squat days after using barbell rows as my secondary movement and only using 60 pounds or so (dumbbells) and focusing on the burn.
In my hey day (remember I'm 50 years old now and 65-70 pounds smaller than I was at my "perma-bulked" peak) I once Barbell curled 225# for a pretty sloppy triple - but then my focus was always on squats, benchpress, and deads definitely NOT curls.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2017, 05:31:10 AM »
here is another 75 year old

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2017, 05:38:27 AM »
No idea these days.
 I use concentration curls as an accessory for sets of 15-20 at the end of Front Squat days after using barbell rows as my secondary movement and only using 60 pounds or so (dumbbells) and focusing on the burn.
In my hey day (remember I'm 50 years old now and 65-70 pounds smaller than I was at my "perma-bulked" peak) I once Barbell curled 225# for a pretty sloppy triple - but then my focus was always on squats, benchpress, and deads definitely NOT curls.

jesus christ! 225 for a triple  :o

mentzer con curled 80 pounds but he was kinda weak for his size actually

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2017, 05:44:56 AM »
Today my arms measure 18 inches cold. Very pleased with my progress. I also proved that broscience is mistaken and that hypertrophy can occur in old age. Not that I consider myself old.

I can tell you the recent workouts were brutal. Heavy weights used and training to failure on all sets after a warmup. Two exercises supersetted. Biceps-supinator machine for biceps and a modified Nautilus triceps machine for triceps. Frequency was extended to maybe every 4th or 5th day because of tenderness in the elbows or other worries....like a sore shoulder obtained from lifting something out behind me in my vehicle.

I want to make a separate thread and not post in the sorry DJ thread about my achievement. No photo today. I am aiming for 18 1/2 inches by the New Year. Even 18 1/4 will be satisfactory because I never had arms over 17 3/4 when I was competing. That was off season then and something like 17 1/4 on contest day. Today I am over 230 pounds so am carrying a bit too much safety fat. I don't see other men my age looking solid like I do.

My strength has increased heaps in the last 3 months. I am using more on both machines than in the past. My protocol is warming up with a light resistance then adding a plate for following sets. As strength goes up so do the number of sets. Over 3 months my total sets have increased by 5 sets. I also do 5 sets on the maximum resistance. I rest long enough to do more than 10 reps.

Building more muscle is very satisfying because so many people scoff at the idea that hypertrophy is possible over 70. It is not only possible but increases beyond previous maximums are also possible.

Can you still do triceps ? do elbows /joints hurt ?   be honest

WoooSHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2017, 05:46:35 AM »
You look younger and healtheir than Arnold .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   BE Y E KE

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2017, 05:55:46 AM »
Can you still do triceps ? do elbows /joints hurt ?   be honest

WoooSHHHHHHH

Absolutely. I still do triceps because that is half the arm size. My right elbow is tender but after a thorough high rep few sets of warm ups I am okay. The pain evaporates. The other day my left elbow was sore but I managed to complete a brutal workout. No pain in left or right elbows today. Sometimes I rest longer than 2 days. I think this happens partly because I know how hard the workouts will be....so I procrastinate another day or two. I still get both triceps and biceps sore the following days after each workout. I have to avoid rubbing my elbows against pillows when I lie down or pads when I sit down. Triceps now are the largest in my career which is a real surprise. I will keep training arms to see how big I can get them.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2017, 06:00:12 AM »
isnt triceps more 2/3 the arm size

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2017, 06:03:39 AM »
isnt triceps more 2/3 the arm size

yep, should be

but on many peeps it's only bout have

fyi, a-rabs have SHIT SHIT tri genetics

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2017, 06:07:41 AM »
At that age do you ever even put on muscle? Is it even possible? Without trt, etc. You can diet and get the illusion of "gained size" through condition but thats one thing

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2017, 06:11:08 AM »
here is another 75 year old

He looks way older than that in real life ....trust me

WoooSHHHHHHHHHH

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2017, 06:13:56 AM »
i trust you that people look different on magazine covers.

thanks for the info!

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2017, 06:16:42 AM »

Absolutely. I still do triceps because that is half the arm size. My right elbow is tender but after a thorough high rep few sets of warm ups I am okay. The pain evaporates. The other day my left elbow was sore but I managed to complete a brutal workout. No pain in left or right elbows today. Sometimes I rest longer than 2 days. I think this happens partly because I know how hard the workouts will be....so I procrastinate another day or two. I still get both triceps and biceps sore the following days after each workout. I have to avoid rubbing my elbows against pillows when I lie down or pads when I sit down. Triceps now are the largest in my career which is a real surprise. I will keep training arms to see how big I can get them.

But not tricep extension movements right ?

Ive been working out for almost 30 years myself May 1988, (I'm 44 ) I cant even think about doing those anymore

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H