Author Topic: Dave Palumbo Kicked Out of NPC Nationals - Steve Karel should resign  (Read 4401 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
"After being kicked out of the NPC Nationals during the Saturday evening finals by the promoter Steve Karel for doing an interview with one of the weightclass winners, Dave Palumbo explains exactly what transpired Saturday night, and why he feels that Karel should be forced to resign his duties as the promoter of the most prestigious amateur bodybuilding show in the world."

Although JM Manion gave Dave permission - but I suspect Jim would not have wanted that. As I mentioned in another thread, I had a YouTube video flagged, that had 10 seconds of expo footage that I got permission to get.  Just out of courtesy, I decided to e-mail Jim Manion to get his permission.  His response was "I highly doubt that will let a person with a camera take video footage?"

EXCUSE ME?  I have literally had my IFBB press pass approved over a dozen times.  The only times I couldn't get it would have been for the Mr. Olympia contest and the USAs - I decided to screw with the old school promoter of the USAs [who only let magazines have press passes] by telling him "No problem - I have organized two dozen competitor interviews at the host hotel." LOL.  These losers think they can stop other people from competing against them, meanwhile as Dave said, there are 900 people in the audience taking videos from their cellphones! It's pretty disgusting to me that the Vice President & Chairman of the NPC would attempt to dissuade me from getting video footage just because I was competition.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Dave Palumbo Kicked Out of NPC Nationals.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 10:04:24 PM »
Goodrum broke this story 2 days ago  :-\

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 10:34:03 PM »

Hm, well - good on Vince.  He is an industry legend for a reason.  I checked the first three pages, and didn't see a thread about this.  :-X  And the video was from just 10 or so hours ago, so I figured it would be ok to post.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 11:27:38 PM »

Yea, Dave told me what happenned so I put out a video in advance.   Ridiculous that in 2017, Steve is trying to fucking sell videotapes to people who already spent 350 dollars to enter the event
A

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Dave Palumbo Kicked Out of NPC Nationals - Steve Karel should resign
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 12:01:01 AM »
Dave needs to stop kissing the ring.

- Block!
?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 12:14:28 AM »
Dave needs to stop kissing the ring.

- Block!

What?!?!?!  You're back - awesome!!  ;D

Not sure how I missed that too.  I guess I've been slow this week.  :-X

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 12:38:01 AM »
im confused, title says its about dave, text seems to be about matt?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 12:43:42 AM »
Here is the video I shot.

A

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 12:47:11 AM »

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 01:27:05 AM »
What?!?!?!  You're back - awesome!!  ;D

Not sure how I missed that too.  I guess I've been slow this week.  :-X

Canning.

Who said I ever left? Honestly? I've just been traveling through time and space.

I am back. This place is a shell of its former greatness, though.

- Block!
?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 01:55:07 AM »

;D

Yes and no.

It's about Jim Manion!  And this old guard of IFBB/NPC guys who want to prevent this thing called "the internet" from being a thing.  ::)

For example, look at the troll I did with the promoter of the NPC USA - I remember his name now, Jon Lindsay.

He said that he would not give press passes to non-magazines.  He only wanted magazines to cover his event.  I guess because, again, this little thing called "the internet" wasn't very important to him.  ::)

Anyway, I then e-mailed him back with something to the effect "Hey Jon, I was able to scheduled two dozen competitor interviews in the host hotel, as part of my NPC USA coverage.  Thank you so much for all the help!!"

Hahahaha, such a condescending post until the guise of being helped by this guy.  I just wanted him to realize that there is NOTHING he can do to stop people from getting video footage and posting it.

These people are losers for thinking they can control the uploading of video content like this.  I guess some people, normally those above a certain age, just don't get how you can't stop people from capturing videos and posting them.

Think about the World's Strongest Man contest - they basically don't have any coverage come out until months later.  I don't understand this mentality.

Simple Simon

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 01:56:53 AM »
;D

Yes and no.

It's about Jim Manion!  And this old guard of IFBB/NPC guys who want to prevent this thing called "the internet" from being a thing.  ::)

For example, look at the troll I did with the promoter of the NPC USA - I remember his name now, Jon Lindsay.

He said that he would not give press passes to non-magazines.  He only wanted magazines to cover his event.  I guess because, again, this little thing called "the internet" wasn't very important to him.  ::)

Anyway, I then e-mailed him back with something to the effect "Hey Jon, I was able to scheduled two dozen competitor interviews in the host hotel, as part of my NPC USA coverage.  Thank you so much for all the help!!"

Hahahaha, such a condescending post until the guise of being helped by this guy.  I just wanted him to realize that there is NOTHING he can do to stop people from getting video footage and posting it.

These people are losers for thinking they can control the uploading of video content like this.  I guess some people, normally those above a certain age, just don't get how you can't stop people from capturing videos and posting them.

Think about the World's Strongest Man contest - they basically don't have any coverage come out until months later.  I don't understand this mentality.

its a Christmas show in the UK...

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 02:34:41 AM »
its a Christmas show in the UK...

LOL!!!

In Canada, it was something like around this time last year I think.  Close to Christmas here too.  ;D

Do you have any idea why that is?  ???  I'm assuming it's a similar situation as with Dave's plight - someone wants the copyright to themselves, but doesn't have the means/distribution to get it to market at a prompt speed.  Meanwhile, we would all be better off if more footage from a variety of YouTube content creators came out closer to the actual date of the contest.

On that note, I'm not even sure if the World's Strongest Man from this year is out yet.  :-X  I wanted to see it, because Canada's JF Caron did quite well - I think either 4th or 5th.

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 02:36:34 AM »
LOL!!!

In Canada, it was something like around this time last year I think.  Close to Christmas here too.  ;D

Do you have any idea why that is?  ???  I'm assuming it's a similar situation as with Dave's plight - someone wants the copyright to themselves, but doesn't have the means/distribution to get it to market at a prompt speed.  Meanwhile, we would all be better off if more footage from a variety of YouTube content creators came out closer to the actual date of the contest.

On that note, I'm not even sure if the World's Strongest Man from this year is out yet.  :-X  I wanted to see it, because Canada's JF Caron did quite well - I think either 4th or 5th.

The World's Strongest Man Finals standings are below:

•Eddie Hall – 51 points.
•Hafthor Bjornsson – 50 points.
•Brian Shaw – 49 points.
•Jean-Francois Caron.
•Mateusz Kieliszkowski.
•Martins Licis.
•Laurence Shahlaei.
•Zydrunas Savickas.

sorry if I ruined Christmas

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 02:43:41 AM »
Picture of the money grabbing fossil

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 05:42:25 AM »
Now ask yourself why ^ this guy ^ is involved in Bodybuilding.

It's obvious why...

- Block!
?

Incubi

• Getbig II
  • Levrone Approved!
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 10:55:33 AM »
Picture of the money grabbing fossil

Looks like the guy from the Simpsons, Can someone do a comparison pic?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 12:20:47 PM »
The World's Strongest Man Finals standings are below:

•Eddie Hall – 51 points.
•Hafthor Bjornsson – 50 points.
•Brian Shaw – 49 points.
•Jean-Francois Caron.
•Mateusz Kieliszkowski.
•Martins Licis.
•Laurence Shahlaei.
•Zydrunas Savickas.

sorry if I ruined Christmas

Wow big z needs to get fat again or retire

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 02:10:11 PM »
Looks like the guy from the Simpsons, Can someone do a comparison pic?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 02:14:59 PM »
That was a dick move by Karel.