Author Topic: Dallas “Big Country” Mcarver- Autopsy Report - Discussion  (Read 51380 times)

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
Dallas “Big Country” Mcarver- Autopsy Report - Discussion
« on: November 28, 2017, 09:49:02 AM »
Dallas McCarver, IFBB professional bodybuilder, died after an unwitnessed cardiac event contributed to by of combination of coronary atherosclerosis (a buildup of plaque in the arteries) and an enlarged left ventricle (a thickening of the heart muscle that causes it to work harder). McCarver had a family history of cardiovascular disease (genetic predisposition) including both hypertension and atherosclerosis.
Dallas was found on the floor in his living room with food scattered around his body shortly after midnight on August 22nd, 2017. Paramedics were called and he arrived at the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was pronounced dead at 1:03 A.M. An autopsy was performed the following day.
Noted at the time of autopsy was an enlarged liver and kidneys, nephrosclerosis (a hardened liver), heavy lungs, and a papillary thyroid carcinoma. Prior medical history includes cholesterol issues (high LDL/ low HDL), elevated aminotransferase levels, a chronic cough and shortness of breath, and childhood asthma.
His testosterone levels were within normal range at the time of death, despite having an elevated epitestosterone level (indicating testosterone replacement, though not abuse per se). Trenbolone metabolites were also present. Screening for additional steroids was negative, although he tested positive for caffeine and marijuana metabolites (neither of which are mentioned as contributing factors in his death). No other recreational drugs or narcotics were present. (Did not use Narcs and Party Drugs) because remember he was prepping for a show and atleast Nubain Metabolites should have been detected
Also noted (but neither tested for, nor listed as a contributing factor in Dallas’ death) was a prior history of hGH and insulin use.

Hypertrophy of organs 3-4 times normal size-
1. HEART- 833gms
2. Lungs 617 and 620gms
3. Liver- 4600gms
4. Kidneys -456 and 503

First time in any Autopsy report they have mentioned that

CONTRIBUTING CONDITIONS: CHRONIC USE OF EXOGENOUS STEROID AND NON-STEROID HORMONES

Source: https://medium.com/@anthonyroberts/dallas-mccarver-autopsy-5ec5f959163d
$

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Dallas “Big Country” Mcarver- Autopsy Report - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:58:49 AM »
833 gm heart? Jesus. Piana's was only 670, and 500+ is considered the danger zone.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 10:02:42 AM »
Clogged arteries at that age? Damn.

macos

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 10:03:36 AM »
833 gm heart? Jesus. Piana's was only 670, and 500+ is considered the danger zone.

Big Ramy’s heart would be a kilo, damn walking time bombs
$

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 10:04:53 AM »

Now we know why people said he had a big heart

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 10:06:29 AM »
It’s odd , a lot of what they said are also the markers they look for while diagnosing heart disease yet they didn’t specifically say it.  This guy was in need of a new heart.  Goes to show we need to take these genetic disorders mor serious.   ::)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 10:08:15 AM »
Healthy sport of peace.

macos

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 10:08:58 AM »
It’s odd , a lot of what they said are also the markers they look for while diagnosing heart disease yet they didn’t specifically say it.  This guy was in need of a new heart.  Goes to show we need to take these genetic disorders mor serious.   ::)

They did specifically mention the cause steroids and hormones
$

sancho ed

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 10:11:33 AM »
Wow, so compared to piana, piana wasnt in such bad shape? Talk about mcarver being a walking time bomb...

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 10:15:32 AM »
he had a near 5kg liver? no wonder it looked like he was about to give birth

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 10:18:24 AM »
Any updates on the money collected for the needy children?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 10:19:03 AM »
He choked on his big heart of peace.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 10:23:09 AM »
at 300lb on stage there is 30lbs of enlarged organs

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »
he had a near 5kg liver? no wonder it looked like he was about to give birth

How much did his gh abuse contribute to that?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 10:27:46 AM »
With all these bodybuilders having heart issues, how can anyone even deny the link between heart issues and chronic use of illegal substances? Sure, genetics plays a role, but come on, the writing is on the wall. If Dallas never became a professional bodybuilder, there would obviously been a reduced chance of him dying of heart issues at such a young age. Heck, I know people who are 50+ who have similar conditions and with a healthy lifestyle and proper monitoring from a doctor, they are still plugging away. How can such an early death not be linked solely to steroids?  ??? ???

It would be interesting to see the heart weights, etc..... of other steroid using athletes too. One would figure that a healthy proportion of them that share the same genetic factors, etc.... but wind up living perfectly long lives. It is probably more the quest for size that is doing it. Thinking about it in my head, most of the heart related deaths I recall of young steroid users were in the really huge guys #275 plus.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 10:28:43 AM »
How much did his gh abuse contribute to that?

kidneys are supposed to be 180g max and he had 500g. ridiculous.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »
Professional bodybuilding promotes health, a healthy lifestyle and heart healthy eating and supplementation.

This should be a wake up call to various bodybuilders, to check their family history, take care of themselves, especially those who are try and push the envelope.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 10:31:47 AM »
It would be interesting to see the heart weights, etc..... of other steroid using athletes too. One would figure that a healthy proportion of them that share the same genetic factors, etc.... but wind up living perfectly long lives. It is probably more the quest for size that is doing it. Thinking about it in my head, most of the heart related deaths I recall of young steroid users were in the really huge guys #275 plus.

Thanks for the information.

I believe Dallas was like 330 pounds offseason.  ??? ???

Damn, and I remember the early days of lifting when I wanted to be a professional bodybuilder.  :o :o
X

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2017, 10:32:57 AM »
10lbs liver???

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2017, 10:33:33 AM »
Shawn Ray (among many others, I'm sure) cautioned McCarver against getting too big, too fast--Dallas was approx. 330 lbs. at only 26 years of age.  And Shawn caught all kinds of shit for being a negative hater.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »
Did people overlook that he had thyroid cancer at the time of autopsy.

They also found "papillary thyroid carcinoma."

X

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 10:34:41 AM »
What stands out for me is that the tox screen flagged zero for PEDs apart from tren?  ???  Nothing else?  And since when do they test for Boldenone in a human autopsy?  Did I miss a meeting or something?

Not really surprised at the organ growth, the kid was probably on GH his entire (brutally short) adult life...  :P

T

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2017, 10:41:21 AM »
Shawn Ray (among many others, I'm sure) cautioned McCarver against getting too big, too fast--Dallas was approx. 330 lbs. at only 26 years of age.  And Shawn caught all kinds of shit for being a negative hater.
Shawn caught it because people don't like to hear the truth, they want live in a world where no one talks about the consequences for one's actions.

10lbs liver???
I know, that is crazy.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2017, 10:46:24 AM »
Shawn caught it because people don't like to hear the truth, they want live in a world where no one talks about the consequences for one's actions.
I know, that is crazy.

A human liver normally weighs 1.44–1.66 kg (3.2–3.7 lb), and has a width of about 15 cm.

:o :o :o
X

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2017, 10:47:13 AM »
Did people overlook that he had thyroid cancer at the time of autopsy.

They also found "papillary thyroid carcinoma."

So, dumb question from a non-doctor:  Can GH promote the growth of all kinds of cells?  Even mutated cancer cells?  Could GH speed up the development of cancer cells, or increase the likelihood of mutated cells multiplying?