Author Topic: I invested $3,000 in IOTA today.  (Read 24437 times)

keanu

• Getbig IV
Re: I invested $3,000 in IOTA today.
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 07:57:32 AM »
To the person who stated this is speculation not investment, I agree. In the investment world, this is called a lottery ticket. Regulation will come in, and manipulation as well. I would be much happier holding onto stocks like Visa, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Paypal, ect., then this stuff. That being said, I have invested about 15K into the crypto space in the last year and it has multiplied several times. My original investment has been cashed out so it is all 'house' money at this point. It will crash, no doubt. I am just having fun with the mania of crypto right now.

I remember these type of gains from the past. It was called the tech boom. Pre-2000. Stocks were going from a few dollars to hundreds based on no earnings at all, just clicks on sites. Of course  it all went crashing down. Millionaires and billionaires were made. Many more were left holding the bag. In crypto, a few will survive and thrive, most will be worth nothing. Matt dropping what he can afford to lose isn't a big deal. 3K is peanuts.

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2017, 01:10:23 AM »
invested into a few hundred IOTA today as part of my crypto portfolio. let's see where this takes us.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2017, 03:19:41 AM »
invested into a few hundred IOTA today as part of my crypto portfolio. let's see where this takes us.

It's already gone up $300 for me.  I'm happy.  I intend to invest $10,000.  So far, I have only focused on Bitcoin and ETHEREUM.  Now I intend to focus on everything except those two.

Simple Simon

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2017, 03:35:33 AM »
I don't care one iota.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 03:37:28 AM »
It's already gone up $300 for me.  I'm happy.  I intend to invest $10,000.  So far, I have only focused on Bitcoin and ETHEREUM.  Now I intend to focus on everything except those two.

Ether has stabilised abit , you reckon it will go alot up next year? I know the people who bought earlier ether in the year probably made good money now

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 04:14:37 AM »
I don't care one iota.

Your witt is wasted on here, but I got your back, that was a good one.
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 04:31:06 AM »
Where do you buy IOTA??
S

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 04:36:51 AM »
Perfect investment and sport for Matt, the Marblelympics
[/youtube]

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 05:43:53 AM »
I need to get a stand for my Xbox from IKEA

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 06:15:33 AM »
On Friday, I gave a friend $1,000 to get me some IOTA - knowing it would go to up, I told him I would give him 10% for his time, since I had plans to be with the kids this weekend.

IOTA then slowly started to rise...it was $1.20 on Friday, going up to $1.45 by the time of the Overeem fight yesterday.  Then Sunday morning it hit $1.78.  I was very upset that my friend happened to get sick, so he hadn't invested my $1,000 yet.

So I texted another friend who had previously bought IOTA and e-transfered him $3,000 just now.

I do expect IOTA to hit $7 or more.  It could even hit $40.  I hope I can figure out how to buy some myself.  If so, I would like to invest $10,000 or more.

Last year, $14,000 in ETHEREUM is now worth $1 million.  So I am confident about IOTA.  I do think an investment of $10,000 will hit $250,000 or more.

Got to bitfinex and open an account.

Get verified

Put funds in

Buy IOTA

Simple.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 07:21:58 AM »
The kids would be happy if they had a full time dad. Not someone who believes that child support advances for Christmas will make the kids happy.

boom.... damn, parker.. very good post.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 06:56:07 PM »
The kids would be happy if they had a full time dad. Not someone who believes that child support advances for Christmas will make the kids happy.

Among my three children, 2/3 are in school full-time now, so there is not much I can do.  And obviously every dad struggles with making money for his family vs. spending time with them.  I have decided that I would take the past six months to make money on cryptos - and carry this on for another six months.  Why?  Because the gains of investing my time and money in crypto will likely be worth the time I missed with them.  If I fail, then I go back to seeing them as often as I once did.  But obviously, I needed to make a tradeoff here.  Very many things we do in our lives come down to tradeoffs.

If all goes well, and if I make $300,000+ within the next six months on cryptos, then it will have been worth it.  In March, I was going to sell one of my houses for $110,000 and invest it in Bitcoin.  I did not.  What would have happened had I invested the $110,000?  I would have made $1.5 million in profits [minus capital gains tax].

Sometimes we make good decisions in life that turn out bad - sometimes we make bad decisions in life that turn out good.  I believe I have made a good decision with Bitcoin, but the fact remains, I can't be trading coins all day long and expect to be with my kids as much as I used to.

My new baby girl is only five months old, and she is only now just getting big enough for me to want to spend more time with her.  Keep in mind that very often, fathers are a bit uncomfortable around small babies - I'm not the only one who was worried I would crush my kids when they were babies.  She is bigger now, and I see her almost every day.  I love my kids, but I have child support, RESP payments, and bills OUT THE ASS.  To the point that I need to clear $5,000 a month just to be poor.  Has it been worth it?  Yes.  Do I wish I could do what I do, and have more time for my kids?  Yes, I do.  But every man who works overtime says that.

I love my kids. <3

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 07:06:12 PM »
your IOTA profit is in real currency ? or in cyberworld ??
K

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2017, 07:09:14 PM »
Among my three children, 2/3 are in school full-time now, so there is not much I can do.  And obviously every dad struggles with making money for his family vs. spending time with them.  I have decided that I would take the past six months to make money on cryptos - and carry this on for another six months.  Why?  Because the gains of investing my time and money in crypto will likely be worth the time I missed with them.  If I fail, then I go back to seeing them as often as I once did.  But obviously, I needed to make a tradeoff here.  Very many things we do in our lives come down to tradeoffs.

If all goes well, and if I make $300,000+ within the next six months on cryptos, then it will have been worth it.  In March, I was going to sell one of my houses for $110,000 and invest it in Bitcoin.  I did not.  What would have happened had I invested the $110,000?  I would have made $1.5 million in profits [minus capital gains tax].

Sometimes we make good decisions in life that turn out bad - sometimes we make bad decisions in life that turn out good.  I believe I have made a good decision with Bitcoin, but the fact remains, I can't be trading coins all day long and expect to be with my kids as much as I used to.

My new baby girl is only five months old, and she is only now just getting big enough for me to want to spend more time with her.  Keep in mind that very often, fathers are a bit uncomfortable around small babies - I'm not the only one who was worried I would crush my kids when they were babies.  She is bigger now, and I see her almost every day.  I love my kids, but I have child support, RESP payments, and bills OUT THE ASS.  To the point that I need to clear $5,000 a month just to be poor.  Has it been worth it?  Yes.  Do I wish I could do what I do, and have more time for my kids?  Yes, I do.  But every man who works overtime says that.

I love my kids. <3

Lovely kids! Congrats!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2017, 07:10:40 PM »
your IOTA profit is in real currency ? or in cyberworld ??

Cyber-world, but they can be traded for cash pretty easily.  I am not clear on how to trade IOTA for cash, but I know how to trade IOTA for Bitcoin, which I in turn know how to trade for cash.  :)  So ultimately, it will not be an issue to get currency for my money, even if I have to do it in two steps.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2017, 07:12:44 PM »
Lovely kids! Congrats!

Thank you, good sir!

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2017, 07:13:53 PM »
Cyber-world, but they can be traded for cash pretty easily.  I am not clear on how to trade IOTA for cash, but I know how to trade IOTA for Bitcoin, which I in turn know how to trade for cash.  :)  So ultimately, it will not be an issue to get currency for my money, even if I have to do it in two steps.

I dont have the stomach/nerves for this sort of thing, I would be a nervous wreck.
K

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2017, 07:19:46 PM »

I love my kids. <3

I assume you are all reading the Arm Gaining Contests thread on your tablets in that pic?

"

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2017, 07:37:25 PM »
Got to bitfinex and open an account.

Get verified

Put funds in

Buy IOTA

Simple.

bitfinex  is no longer accepting US clients.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2017, 08:10:02 PM »
I don't care one iota.

;D

I dont have the stomach/nerves for this sort of thing, I would be a nervous wreck.

How much are you willing to LOSE?  For me, the number would be $60,000 for sure - but I could double that.  If I sell one of my townhouses, I can put it in a broad basket of coins, and I am confident that I can turn $100,000 into a million in 2018.  Yes, a crash/correction will come, but not for a while yet.

I would say, if you are willing to LOSE $1,000, then invest it.  If you lose, you lose.  If the money doubles, pull out your $1,000 and just intelligently play with your earnings.  At least if you lose at that point, you wouldn't be losing your capital, but rather - your interest.  I am confident that the crypto market - currently valued at $350 billion - will be worth 10x that much by 2030. $3.5 trillion is only 5% of the current world GDP.  Is it really unrealistic to think that cryptocurrencies will be worth 5% of the GDP?  I have no doubt that will happen.  My question is - will cryptocurrency be worth 50% of the GDP?  :o

That much, I would be less certain of.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 08:17:46 PM »
bitfinex  is no longer accepting US clients.
binance

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2017, 08:19:21 PM »
Matt, thanks to you I got in on some IOTA action. Just wish I knew about it sooner, like 6 months ago. But this is ok for now. Bitcoin is still going up as well!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2017, 08:21:12 PM »
You would trade IOTA with BTC or ETH, and then send the BTC or ETH where you can cash it out.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 08:22:49 PM »
Microsoft is backing IOTA - so that gives it some legitimacy for sure!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2017, 08:28:06 PM »
;D

How much are you willing to LOSE?    :o

Did you sell Amway in the 90s?