Author Topic: FBI agent fired from Russia probe oversaw Flynn interviews, softened Comey lang  (Read 5075 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Anything is possible. My only point is that your theory is improbable because it contravenes the process federal prosecutors typically use to extract guilty pleas from cooperators'.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Mark Levin called this Soviet style of corruption to the letter.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Mark Levin called this Soviet style of corruption to the letter.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Every federal criminal defendant is advised of the right to appeal at the time he or she pleads guilty and allocutes regardless of whether there is a cooperation agreement in effect. That being said, Flynn will not seek to overturn his guilty plea or rescind his cooperation agreement.He took the plea because he's broke and Mueller threatened to go after his son.

Yes, although then he'd be right back defending himself, which he cannot afford to do. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Or..they had much more damaging charges that they withheld in order to obtain the plea. Is that NOT possible? It is how plea bargaining works.. asking for a friend

Oh please.  If they had a more serious charge than some Mickey Mouse false statement, they would have charged him.  He's useless as a witness. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Oh please.  If they had a more serious charge than some Mickey Mouse false statement, they would have charged him.  He's useless as a witness. 

Man, I'd love to have the documents you obviously possess to make these conclusive statements  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Man, I'd love to have the documents you obviously possess to make these conclusive statements  :)

The same treasure trove of documents you reviewed showing Trump colluded with Russia to get elected president.   :)

You're smart enough to see that if they had any kind of charge showing any kind of treasonous behavior they would have charged him with it.

Dershowitz: Flynn Plea Is ‘A Show of Weakness’ for Mueller
by IAN HANCHETT
2 Dec 2017

Dershowitz said, “Well, the last thing any prosecutor wants to do is to have to indict his primary witness for lying. Because if you indict your witness for lying, it really means he’s not useful as a witness, he has no credibility. I’m sure the prosecutor was trying to indict him for some scheme or conspiracy that involved other people in the White House, but there is nothing there, and he had to, finally come down and indict him for lying, which makes him a useless witness. So, this is not a show of strength by the prosecutor. It’s a show of weakness. It’s a show that they really have nothing on anybody above of Flynn and that Flynn made the terrible mistake about lying about something he could have told truth about. Because the two things he lied about were perfectly lawful and perfectly proper for somebody to do during the transition. And so, I think it really reflects a weakness, not a strength in Mueller’s prosecution.”

He added, “Now, they still may be able to use him to lead to other witnesses or to get documentary evidence or to give them leads, but he’s no good as witness. Because he’s obviously sold himself to protect his own son, and he’s prepared not only to sing, but perhaps even to compose and [unintelligible] to exaggerate if he thinks that will get him a better deal from the prosecutor. So, if I’m a defense lawyer, I have no trouble destroying his credibility on the witness stand.”

Dershowitz concluded Mueller is “going on the domino theory, one domino at the time. You go for the lowest-hanging fruit. You indict people for lying to the FBI, failing to fill out the proper forms. These are forms of essentially political jaywalking, then you squeeze them and you hope that maybe they’ll give you information that would lead to somebody higher up. But in the end, it’s hope over reality. So, I would not say this is a day for celebrating for the prosecution in the Mueller office.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/12/02/dershowitz-flynn-plea-is-a-show-of-weakness-for-mueller/

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
The same treasure trove of documents you reviewed showing Trump colluded with Russia to get elected president.   :)

You're smart enough to see that if they had any kind of charge showing any kind of treasonous behavior they would have charged him with it.

Dershowitz: Flynn Plea Is ‘A Show of Weakness’ for Mueller
by IAN HANCHETT
2 Dec 2017

Dershowitz said, “Well, the last thing any prosecutor wants to do is to have to indict his primary witness for lying. Because if you indict your witness for lying, it really means he’s not useful as a witness, he has no credibility. I’m sure the prosecutor was trying to indict him for some scheme or conspiracy that involved other people in the White House, but there is nothing there, and he had to, finally come down and indict him for lying, which makes him a useless witness. So, this is not a show of strength by the prosecutor. It’s a show of weakness. It’s a show that they really have nothing on anybody above of Flynn and that Flynn made the terrible mistake about lying about something he could have told truth about. Because the two things he lied about were perfectly lawful and perfectly proper for somebody to do during the transition. And so, I think it really reflects a weakness, not a strength in Mueller’s prosecution.”

He added, “Now, they still may be able to use him to lead to other witnesses or to get documentary evidence or to give them leads, but he’s no good as witness. Because he’s obviously sold himself to protect his own son, and he’s prepared not only to sing, but perhaps even to compose and [unintelligible] to exaggerate if he thinks that will get him a better deal from the prosecutor. So, if I’m a defense lawyer, I have no trouble destroying his credibility on the witness stand.”

Dershowitz concluded Mueller is “going on the domino theory, one domino at the time. You go for the lowest-hanging fruit. You indict people for lying to the FBI, failing to fill out the proper forms. These are forms of essentially political jaywalking, then you squeeze them and you hope that maybe they’ll give you information that would lead to somebody higher up. But in the end, it’s hope over reality. So, I would not say this is a day for celebrating for the prosecution in the Mueller office.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/12/02/dershowitz-flynn-plea-is-a-show-of-weakness-for-mueller/

Let’s begin with the basics: It is the unanimous conclusion of U.S. intelligence that Vladimir Putin personally directed the Russian government to try to alter our 2016 elections, and to take the side of Donald Trump.
How did that directive play out?
Based on a new guilty plea by Trump associate George Papadopoulus, we know that as far back as April of 2016, the Kremlin used backchannels to inform the Trump campaign that it had “dirt” on Clinton in the form of thousands of stolen emails. The Trump campaign that had said repeatedly, emphatically, that it had never had any contacts with Russian officials, that any such claim was “fake news,” was in fact informed by Russia about illegal hacking some two months before anybody else had a clue.
Ask yourself, because Mueller surely has: Why would Russia want the Trump campaign to know it had a trove of illegally obtained Clinton emails? And once informed, why didn’t the Trump campaign notify U.S. law enforcement? Top officials from every presidential campaign in the last quarter-century, Republican and Democratic, have all said they would have reported such a contact to the FBI immediately.
The Trump campaign stayed silent.
We also know that the Kremlin reached out a second time, again promising dirt on Clinton, and that the Trump campaign responded enthusiastically. On June 3, 2016, Donald Trump Jr. was sent an email telling him that Russia was offering “to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia.”
“This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.” the email read.
“… if it’s what you say, I love it, especially later in the summer,” Trump Jr. responded, which by itself is proof of an eagerness to collude. He quickly set up a meeting between someone described to him as “a Russian government lawyer” and top Trump campaign officials.
The meeting occurred on June 9, and not much seemed to come of it. But six days later, thousands of emails hacked from the Democratic National Committee were made public through Wikileaks.
According to U.S. intelligence, “we assess with high confidence” that Russia conducted the hacking. Yet Trump publicly defended Russia against such charges, and talked so often about his admiration for Putin that it began to seem bizarre. He also spoke dismissively of NATO, the alliance whose mission is to contain Putin. As president, he later fired FBI Director James Comey for not ending an investigation into Russian interference; the next day he bragged to top Russian officials about doing so. He also helped to fabricate a false explanation for the June 9 meeting at Trump Tower.
Again, such evidence, troubling as it is, doesn’t amount to conclusive proof. But it damn sure justifies strong support for the ongoing work of Mueller and his investigative team.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Let’s begin with the basics: It is the unanimous conclusion of U.S. intelligence that Vladimir Putin personally directed the Russian government to try to alter our 2016 elections, and to take the side of Donald Trump.
How did that directive play out?
Based on a new guilty plea by Trump associate George Papadopoulus, we know that as far back as April of 2016, the Kremlin used backchannels to inform the Trump campaign that it had “dirt” on Clinton in the form of thousands of stolen emails. The Trump campaign that had said repeatedly, emphatically, that it had never had any contacts with Russian officials, that any such claim was “fake news,” was in fact informed by Russia about illegal hacking some two months before anybody else had a clue.
Ask yourself, because Mueller surely has: Why would Russia want the Trump campaign to know it had a trove of illegally obtained Clinton emails? And once informed, why didn’t the Trump campaign notify U.S. law enforcement? Top officials from every presidential campaign in the last quarter-century, Republican and Democratic, have all said they would have reported such a contact to the FBI immediately.
The Trump campaign stayed silent.
We also know that the Kremlin reached out a second time, again promising dirt on Clinton, and that the Trump campaign responded enthusiastically. On June 3, 2016, Donald Trump Jr. was sent an email telling him that Russia was offering “to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia.”
“This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.” the email read.
“… if it’s what you say, I love it, especially later in the summer,” Trump Jr. responded, which by itself is proof of an eagerness to collude. He quickly set up a meeting between someone described to him as “a Russian government lawyer” and top Trump campaign officials.
The meeting occurred on June 9, and not much seemed to come of it. But six days later, thousands of emails hacked from the Democratic National Committee were made public through Wikileaks.
According to U.S. intelligence, “we assess with high confidence” that Russia conducted the hacking. Yet Trump publicly defended Russia against such charges, and talked so often about his admiration for Putin that it began to seem bizarre. He also spoke dismissively of NATO, the alliance whose mission is to contain Putin. As president, he later fired FBI Director James Comey for not ending an investigation into Russian interference; the next day he bragged to top Russian officials about doing so. He also helped to fabricate a false explanation for the June 9 meeting at Trump Tower.
Again, such evidence, troubling as it is, doesn’t amount to conclusive proof. But it damn sure justifies strong support for the ongoing work of Mueller and his investigative team.

What is this cut and paste (that you probably didn't read) supposed to establish?

mazrim

• Getbig V
What is this cut and paste (that you probably didn't read) supposed to establish?
He is attempting to give reasoning behind why the fake Russian investigation was started. Unfortunately, what he has posted has all been destroyed at this point and filled with fake news. They have nothing and had nothing that is clear. They've been trying for a year. He can say "our" sources are biased, etc. but the fact is with all of the leaks going on there has been no leak of anything remotely important, etc. I'm going to stick with my "biased" sources as they have been right in everything so far which is better then the 0% success rate of the other side.

My top source goes by the name "Common Sense". Very good at clearing up issues.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
He is attempting to give reasoning behind why the fake Russian investigation was started. Unfortunately, what he has posted has all been destroyed at this point and filled with fake news. They have nothing and had nothing that is clear. They've been trying for a year. He can say "our" sources are biased, etc. but the fact is with all of the leaks going on there has been no leak of anything remotely important, etc. I'm going to stick with my "biased" sources as they have been right in everything so far which is better then the 0% success rate of the other side.

My top source goes by the name "Common Sense". Very good at clearing up issues.

Completely agree. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert

Listening now.  from what I'm hearing so far one interesting thing stands out.

Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills (Hillary's top stooges) both lied to the FBI and said they didn't know about Hillary's private email server when email communications between them prove that they did know.  Mills went so far as to pretend she didn't even know what a server was.  They were both caught lying to the FBI.  Proven lying, with hard evidence.  No indictment, no coerced plea deals, nothing.  They walk and Flynn gets hammered.

Still think the FBI is operating without bias or political agenda?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Listening now.  from what I'm hearing so far one interesting thing stands out.

Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills (Hillary's top stooges) both lied to the FBI and said they didn't know about Hillary's private email server when email communications between them prove that they did know.  Mills went so far as to pretend she didn't even know what a server was.  They were both caught lying to the FBI.  Proven lying, with hard evidence.  No indictment, no coerced plea deals, nothing.  They walk and Flynn gets hammered.

So where is sessions to be found? Doesn’t the FBI answer to the Justice Department of which he is the head?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
So where is sessions to be found? Doesn’t the FBI answer to the Justice Department of which he is the head?

For the life of me I don't know.

I don't understand how this type of corruption is allowed to continue.

mazrim

• Getbig V
He needs to go. He has been good in some areas but awful in others. I think it is because he is a supposed "gentleman" by all accounts/well respected and he doesn't want to give the appearance of politicizing it from his end. Unfortunately, it is politicized already obviously and it would actually be bringing law back into it by doing what he should.

That's the only explanation I can think of. He is too "proper" or something.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
He needs to go. He has been good in some areas but awful in others. I think it is because he is a supposed "gentleman" by all accounts/well respected and he doesn't want to give the appearance of politicizing it from his end. Unfortunately, it is politicized already obviously and it would actually be bringing law back into it by doing what he should.

That's the only explanation I can think of. He is too "proper" or something.

This is war time, you can't have a pussy as Attorney General.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

I’m becoming very disappointed in Sessions.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
I’m becoming very disappointed in Sessions.

You should have been disappointed  after the first month he disappeared. What a weak POS. Levin's boy. Wrong again.

mazrim

• Getbig V

Levin's boy. Wrong again.
You do know that Trump picked Sessions? What a pointless thing to post.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

IMO, the biggest mistake he’s made so far.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V

Really. That Levin was touting safe establishment "conservatives" like Eddie Munster and Sessions meanwhile Trump was motivating the base and those outside the base like never before? Not with a point?

Sessions has only covered his ass since put in place. The political version of Survivor TV show needs to end and some people need to stick their neck out to fix the country. Trump thought he had balls or was advised as such. Bad info.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Listening now.  from what I'm hearing so far one interesting thing stands out.

Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills (Hillary's top stooges) both lied to the FBI and said they didn't know about Hillary's private email server when email communications between them prove that they did know.  Mills went so far as to pretend she didn't even know what a server was.  They were both caught lying to the FBI.  Proven lying, with hard evidence.  No indictment, no coerced plea deals, nothing.  They walk and Flynn gets hammered.

Interesting that Getbig's liberal brigade doesn't have shit to say about this.  They stuck on simpleton shit like "Flynn confessed".  Dumb fucks.

mazrim

• Getbig V

Really. That Levin was touting safe establishment "conservatives" like Eddie Munster and Sessions meanwhile Trump was motivating the base and those outside the base like never before? Not with a point?

Sessions has only covered his ass since put in place. The political version of Survivor TV show needs to end and some people need to stick their neck out to fix the country. Trump thought he had balls or was advised as such. Bad info.
Yes, really.

We aren't arguing whether Sessions is doing a good job or not. You seem to think that Trump can do no wrong and blame others for when he had the ultimate choice. Levin is not Trumps advisor. Hold him to the same standard you are attempting to hold Levin to. No one likes a complete apologist/sheep. Trump can be wrong, Levin can be wrong, but that doesn't mean that Trump isn't doing an overall good job and that Levin is an idiot, etc.

You seem to be a "Never Leviner".....

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Yes, really.

We aren't arguing whether Sessions is doing a good job or not. You seem to think that Trump can do no wrong and blame others for when he had the ultimate choice. Levin is not Trumps advisor. Hold him to the same standard you are attempting to hold Levin to. No one likes a complete apologist/sheep. Trump can be wrong, Levin can be wrong, but that doesn't mean that Trump isn't doing an overall good job and that Levin is an idiot, etc.

You seem to be a "Never Leviner".....

This is what turned me off to Bill Mitchell’s radio show. The whole thing is his lips on Trump’s ass. It got tiresome after a while.