Author Topic: FBI agent fired from Russia probe oversaw Flynn interviews, softened Comey lang  (Read 5100 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
oh boy... text messages got leaked.
a

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
When you consider Hillary took like 92% of Washington DC it’s fair to conclude that you pretty much can’t have a politically motivated investigation without it being biased. You’re gonna have to bring in people from the outside.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
‘We Can’t Take That Risk’ — FBI Officials Discussed ‘Insurance Policy’ Against Trump Presidency
The Daily Caller ^ | 12/13/2017 | Chuck Ross
Posted on 12/13/2017, 7:49:37 AM by EVO X

Two FBI officials who worked on Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation exchanged text messages last year in which they appear to have discussed ways to prevent Donald Trump from being elected president.

“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office — that there’s no way [Trump] gets elected — but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk,” FBI counterintelligence official Peter Strzok wrote in a cryptic text message to Lisa Page, an FBI lawyer and his mistress.

“It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40,” Strzok wrote in the text, dated Aug. 15, 2016.

Andy is likely Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
When you consider Hillary took like 92% of Washington DC it’s fair to conclude that you pretty much can’t have a politically motivated investigation without it being biased. You’re gonna have to bring in people from the outside.

There are investigations that occur every day that have people who feel one way or the other about the subjects and it gets done objectively. The fact I dislike rapists and child molesters doesn't translate into my not doing an objective investigation. I have had to investigate officers I didn't like, instead of going out of my way to find them guilty, I would go out of my way to be fair knowing the potential for bias. It's professionalism. Now I don't know if that agents personal opinion of Trump, which I share, tainted the investigation. Mueller removed him to take away any perception that it may have.. seems like the right thing to do

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
oh boy... text messages got leaked.

Pretty bad.  I smell trouble.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
FBI officials said Clinton 'has to win' race to White House: NYT
Reuters ^ | 12/12/2017 | Reuters Staff
Posted on 12/13/2017, 1:25:36 PM by simpson96

(Reuters) - Senior FBI officials who helped probe Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign told a colleague that Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton had to win the race to the White House, the New York Times reported on Tuesday.

Peter Strzok, a senior FBI agent, said Clinton “just has to win” in a text sent to FBI lawyer Lisa Page, the Times reported.

The messages showed concern from Strzok and Page that a Trump presidency could politicize the FBI, the report said, citing texts turned over to Congress and obtained by the newspaper.

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz is investigating the texts in a probe into FBI’s handling of its investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server for official correspondence when she was Secretary of State under former President Barack Obama, the report added.

Strzok was removed from working on the Russia probe after media reports earlier this month suggested he had exchanged text messages that disparaged Trump and supported Clinton.

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
There are investigations that occur every day that have people who feel one way or the other about the subjects and it gets done objectively. The fact I dislike rapists and child molesters doesn't translate into my not doing an objective investigation. I have had to investigate officers I didn't like, instead of going out of my way to find them guilty, I would go out of my way to be fair knowing the potential for bias. It's professionalism. Now I don't know if that agents personal opinion of Trump, which I share, tainted the investigation. Mueller removed him to take away any perception that it may have.. seems like the right thing to do

Come on, there’s a big difference between a criminal investigation involving violent crimes and a politically motivated one involving nothing but bullshit.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
This isn't some nonsensical tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.  This is factual, well documented corruption in the Justice Department that is being exposed in the Congress.

Shut down this fucking investigation and appoint a special council to investigate the DOJ.  NOW.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
This isn't some nonsensical tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.  This is factual, well documented corruption in the Justice Department that is being exposed in the Congress.

Shut down this fucking investigation and appoint a special council to investigate the DOJ.  NOW.

Wow, they were both on fire. You could just feel the circumference of Rosenstein’s asshole increasing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Unbelievable.  Can't make this stuff up. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Unbelievable.  Can't make this stuff up. 

But according to agnostic, these people are professionals and can be trusted to put their biases aside.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
But according to agnostic, these people are professionals and can be trusted to put their biases aside.

Agnostic is alright.  Just blinded by Trump hatred/Trump Derangement Syndrome.  Nobody's perfect.   :)

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Nothing burger

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Agnostic is alright.  Just blinded by Trump hatred/Trump Derangement Syndrome.  Nobody's perfect.   :)

I know many people whose political believes are the exact opposite of mine and we get along fine. We just don’t talk about politics.

It makes you wonder sometimes. For example, I saw someone tweet on my running club website. Then I checked out his page and he turned out to be a Led Zeppelin fan much like myself. So, we had similar health and fitness activities, and music tastes, yet,as I scrolled down his page he had all these Bernie Sanders quotes. Turned out he was a big leftist.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
This isn't some nonsensical tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.  This is factual, well documented corruption in the Justice Department that is being exposed in the Congress.

Shut down this fucking investigation and appoint a special council to investigate the DOJ.  NOW.

While both Gowdy and Jordan made some good points, I have a feeling it will be the same theatrical performance we've seen time and time again: the politicians trying to show an angry face, the [insert whimpering public official here] claiming to do everything properly, occasionally sweating, mumbling and lying (often all at once) and yet, despite all the egregious facts that come to light, nothing happens in the end. I hope this time it's different but I won't hold my breath. It will be a big farce unless the corrupt groups are dismantled, people actually go to prison and the tainted cases are re-evaluated.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Just having a political opinion doesn't mean you're going to be biased when you have a job to do, especially at the level of the FBI

BTW - I don't recall anyone on the right being the slightest bit concerned that the FBI was biased when it was being referred to as TrumpLand last year

At that time Trump and his Trumptards were smitten with Comey and the FBI

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/03/fbi-leaks-hillary-clinton-james-comey-donald-trump

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
While both Gowdy and Jordan made some good points, I have a feeling it will be the same theatrical performance we've seen time and time again: the politicians trying to show an angry face, the [insert whimpering public official here] claiming to do everything properly, occasionally sweating, mumbling and lying (often all at once) and yet, despite all the egregious facts that come to light, nothing happens in the end. I hope this time it's different but I won't hold my breath. It will be a big farce unless the corrupt groups are dismantled, people actually go to prison and the tainted cases are re-evaluated.

Agree. While it’s certainly entertaining nothing ever seems to come from it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I know many people whose political believes are the exact opposite of mine and we get along fine. We just don’t talk about politics.

It makes you wonder sometimes. For example, I saw someone tweet on my running club website. Then I checked out his page and he turned out to be a Led Zeppelin fan much like myself. So, we had similar health and fitness activities, and music tastes, yet,as I scrolled down his page he had all these Bernie Sanders quotes. Turned out he was a big leftist.

I have friends who have polar opposite political opinions, and we still talk politics.  It's never personal.   

I also have friends who are off the rails when it comes politics, following things like "Occupy Democrats," which circulates some of the worst garbage on the internet. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Same here, I have a ton of Trump supporter friends. We just don't talk politics and we survive. Have a ton of religious friends... we don't talk religion and we survive.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
I have friends who have polar opposite political opinions, and we still talk politics.  It's never personal.   

I also have friends who are off the rails when it comes politics, following things like "Occupy Democrats," which circulates some of the worst garbage on the internet. 

Out of say 20 friends with opposing views, I can  discuss religion or politics with about 4 of them because it is difficult for many to not become defensive or insulting when discussing them. I can discuss either for hours without getting personal. Not everyone can and that's ok

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Out of say 20 friends with opposing views, I can  discuss religion or politics with about 4 of them because it is difficult for many to not become defensive or insulting when discussing them. I can discuss either for hours without getting personal. Not everyone can and that's ok

Yeah.  Same here.