Author Topic: MSNBC Cuts Ties with Sam Seder over Roman Polanski Rape Tweet  (Read 1117 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
MSNBC Cuts Ties with Sam Seder over Roman Polanski Rape Tweet
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:00:34 AM »

“Don’t care re Polanski, but I hope if my daughter is ever raped it is by an older truly talented man w/ a great sense of mise en scene,”

MSNBC has reportedly cut ties with contributor Sam Seder over a 2009 tweet about rape.

Seder’s contract will not be renewed when it expires in February, according to The Wrap.

His podcast, “Majority Report,” tweeted the story, seemingly confirming the news.

In the now-deleted tweet, Seder joked about director Roman Polanski, who fled the U.S. in February 1978 after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting then-13-year-old Samantha Gailey.

“Don’t care re Polanski, but I hope if my daughter is ever raped it is by an older truly talented man w/ a great sense of mise en scene,” he wrote.

The tweet was picked up last month by controversial right-wing conspiracy theorist Mike Cernovich, although Seder said it was a smear campaign meant to get him off the air after criticism of President Trump and Alabama GOP Senate nominee Roy Moore.

Sam Seder will reportedly not have his contract renewed at MSNBC after his 2009 tweet about Roman Polanski recirculated online.

“I will never be ashamed of criticizing those who would excuse the predation of women or girls,” Seder said on his podcast last week.

“And I certainly won’t be quiet about Roy Moore or a conservative movement that which would defend his actions so they could get his vote in the Senate.”

He also said the tweet was intended to be satirical.

A rep for MSNBC did not immediately return a request for comment.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/msnbc-cuts-ties-sam-seder-roman-polanski-rape-tweet-article-1.3677394

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: MSNBC Cuts Ties with Sam Seder over Roman Polanski Rape Tweet
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 07:13:59 AM »
Leftists created this ultra-pc outrage world.

Now they must deal with the consequences and get used to it being used as weapons against them.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 07:15:14 AM »
W T F !

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 07:21:58 AM »
W T F !

I know bro it's fucking sick.

These people are truly depraved.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 08:10:17 AM »
Grabem by the pucceeee

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 08:40:26 AM »
Leftists created this ultra-pc outrage world.

Now they must deal with the consequences and get used to it being used as weapons against them.

Yep, fuck em all.  You mad ethe bed, now lie in the muthafucker.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 08:41:17 AM »
Grabem by the pucceeee

For real?  that is your response?  How are the two even remotely close?  Sick perverted demented liberal cuck!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 08:59:24 AM »
Yep, fuck em all.  You mad ethe bed, now lie in the muthafucker.

Cernovich WENT IN on this guy.

It's posted up on his twitter account right now.

I'll post the youtube link when it comes up.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 09:06:53 AM »

I hope if my daughter is ever raped it is by an older truly talented man w/ a great sense of mise en scene

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/msnbc-cuts-ties-sam-seder-roman-polanski-rape-tweet-article-1.3677394

WTF?  What a sick SOB.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 09:15:46 AM »
WTF?  What a sick SOB.

This is what passes for being edgy among smarmy little twerp comedians. The problem is that not everyone is a smarmy little twerp comedian. Most find this disgusting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 09:19:51 AM »
This is what passes for being edgy among smarmy little twerp comedians. The problem is that not everyone is a smarmy little twerp comedian. Most find this disgusting.

These little scumbags and dirty perverted libfags have had a monopoly on media and culture for a long time - glad to see all these deranged liberal pervs exposed. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 11:47:13 AM »
The Right isn't going to sit back and take it in the ass anymore. The rules have been established. Time to take the gloves off.

MSNBC is cutting ties with Sam Seder. ‘I think they’re afraid’ of Mike Cernovich & Co., he says.

Back in September 2009, an international debate engulfed Oscar-winning director Roman Polanski, who’d just been arrested in Switzerland in connection with some unfinished business in the United States. Thirty-two years previously, Polanski had pleaded guilty to unlawful intercourse with a 13-year-old girl. Original charges in the case included sodomy, drugging and rape. Polanski managed to flee the country before sentencing.

Certain artistic elites saw overkill in the effort to punish Polanski for a three-decade-old crime. Then-French culture minister Frédéric Mitterrand, for example, lamented that Polanski was “thrown to the lions for an ancient story, imprisoned while travelling to an event that was intending to honour him: caught, in short, in a trap.”

Sam Seder, host of the “Majority Report” podcast and commentator, figured he’d express his feelings about this strain of thought:

For about eight years, that tweet just sat there. Then, on Nov. 28, 2017, Seder, an MSNBC contributor, was coming out of the subway in New York. He saw that it had been retweeted a couple of times, apparently by folks looking to make mischief. Not wanting any hassle, he deleted the tweet.

Hassle was coming, however. About an hour later, Seder got a call from Errol Cockfield, senior vice president of communications at MSNBC. Do you know who Mike Cernovich is, Seder was asked on the call. Of course: Cernovich describes himself as a “journalist, documentary filmmaker and best-selling author of Gorilla Mindset.” Others, however, know him as an advocate of the Pizzagate conspiracy — in which a D.C. restaurant served as a pedophilia hub; not — and the generator of vile tweets on the topic of women and rape. “By the media’s standards, Sam Seder has Tweeted out something far worse than even my most sarcastic or satirical Tweet. And the media won’t say anything, because Sam Seder is one of them,” wrote Cernovich on Medium in a blast at Seder.

In response, Seder tells the Erik Wemple Blog, he sent Cockfield an email explaining the situation:

I believe this tweet was posted when Polanski was seeking to return to the US. I wrote that tweet out of disgust with those who were excusing or were seeking to advocate forgiveness for Polanski’s actions which caused him to flee the US. I was appalled that anyone would diminish the seriousness of rape, particularly of a child by citing the perpetrator’s artistic contributions. Obviously, I would not wish any harm of my daughter or any other person.

I am confident that other tweets from that time will reflect my disgust in a less satirical tone.

FYI I was a professional comedy actor and writer through the 90’s and oughts, having written and directed satirical film and television in addition to pilots for NBC, HBO, Fox, Universal, CBS and AMC.

I deleted the tweet on my commute today after noticing that right wing twitterer’s who don’t follow me had retweeted a tweet of mine from ’09.

Today’s my birthday!

Seder, indeed, provided other tweets supporting his point that the tweet in Cernovich’s post was a condemnation of Polanski, albeit a provocative one. On his “Majority Report” podcast, Seder said he was facing a “smear” that relied on the “willful misinterpretation” of the long-ago tweet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2017/12/05/msnbc-is-cutting-ties-with-sam-seder-i-think-theyre-afraid-of-mike-cernovich-co-he-says/?utm_term=.282103890752

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 11:49:41 AM »
After MSNBC Cuts Ties Over Polanski Tweet, Sam Seder Says Network is ‘Afraid’ of Mike Cernovich

Earlier this week, TheWrap’s Jon Levine — a Mediaite alum — reported that MSNBC was cutting ties with contributor Sam Seder over an eight-year-old tweet about Roman Polanski.

The tweet resurfaced after right-wing Pizzagate conspiracy theorist Mike Cernovich convinced the alt-right and MAGA crowd to amplify the tweet in a smear campaign against Seder, making it appear he was a rape apologist (something that is more than a little ironic considering Cernovich’s own history.)

Following the news that MSNBC was not keeping Seder due to a willful misreading of an out-of-context tweet by a known provocateur, Media Twitter pilloried the network for its decision, with some claiming it was “deeply embarrassing” that MSNBC fell for “Cernovich’s smear campaign hook, line and sinker.” As for Seder, he believes that MSNBC has shown it fears Cernovich and the far-right media community.

Speaking to the Washington Post’s Erik Wemple, Seder provided a timeline for how the whole thing went down between him and MSNBC. He then noted that MSNBC didn’t really discuss the tweet with him in detail but instead just decided to move on from their relationship.

According to Seder, he and MSNBC management never had a serious discussion about the tweet, what it meant and whether it posed a problem for MSNBC social-media standards. “If there was any conversation about the tweet,” says Seder, “it had nothing to do with substance. It was, ‘This is blowing up.’” And from what Seder can tell, his position with the network didn’t much concern the company’s top managers. “I only spoke to the PR guy and they only fired me after there was an imminent story,” says Seder. An MSNBC spokesman responds that the company requested Seder’s written defense of his tweet, and then considered that defense in reaching its decision on the contract renewal.

Seder’s conclusion: “I think they’re afraid of those people.”

Meanwhile, Wemple noted that an MSNBC source said that while they were given pause over “alt right figures whipping up attention” regarding their decision, it was still a fact that “Seder made a rape joke.” The WaPo writer added that the joke was actually “an edgy condemnation of rape” and that if it were really that problematic, why didn’t MSNBC bring it up earlier?

https://www.mediaite.com/online/after-msnbc-cuts-ties-over-polanski-tweet-sam-seder-says-networks-afraid-of-mike-cernovich/

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 08:08:41 PM »
I can't believe these people say such things. ::)