Author Topic: Daniel Shaver - Murdered by police officer Philip Mitchell Brailsford  (Read 17008 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: murdered by a sociopath in AMERICAN POLICE UNIFORM
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2017, 12:00:10 PM »
Keep in mind he was inebriated as well. Which certainly plays a part.

Ahhhh, thanks for the information.

Even so, its clear that barking orders is not going to de-escalate the situations. Its going to increase the chances that people become emotionally dysregulated, thus making it more difficult to follow orders. I am glad that police districts are finally starting to implement other strategies.
X

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2017, 12:10:44 PM »
Damn, that didn't end well at all.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2017, 12:37:27 PM »
Who was the judge for this case?

Outing these fuckers so that they are publicly ostracized is a must.

The jury is to blame on this one.

Can't you see what a deadly threat this guy was??? ::)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2017, 12:52:28 PM »
Horrible injustice here. The most ridiculous, unnecessarily complicated commands I've ever heard. A calm, sober head would botch that nonsense. Dept. needs a goddamn policy rework for sure.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2017, 12:55:26 PM »
Horrible injustice here. The most ridiculous, unnecessarily complicated commands I've ever heard. A calm, sober head would botch that nonsense. Dept. needs a goddamn policy rework for sure.

The Ugly, look at my comment on the previous page.

His unnecessary, complicated commands increased this guys emotional dysregulation. No wonder he had difficulty following orders. Who in their right mind gives a string of orders like that? This guy was a horribly trained cop.  :-\ :-\
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2017, 12:56:29 PM »
The jury is to blame on this one.

Can't you see what a deadly threat this guy was??? ::)

Officer Quickfinger maybe, too.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2017, 01:03:56 PM »
The Ugly, look at my comment on the previous page.

His unnecessary, complicated commands increased this guys emotional dysregulation. No wonder he had difficulty following orders. Who in their right mind gives a string of orders like that? This guy was a horribly trained cop.  :-\ :-\

Agreed, no-win for the perp.

He's prone, arms extended, rifles trained - CUFF THE FUCKER. Sundance Kid could've been taken at that point.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2017, 01:09:23 PM »

He's prone, arms extended, rifles trained - CUFF THE FUCKER. Sundance Kid could've been taken at that point.  

An investigator stated that the officer should have arrested him once he was on the ground. The cop just kept sounding off a string of incoherent, ridiculous commands. Geez, one wonders how guys like him pass the academy!
X

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2017, 01:16:35 PM »
Ordering a crawl with "hands in the air" doesn't jibe with the dictionary definition.

crawl: (of a person) move forward on the hands and knees or by dragging the body close to the ground.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2017, 01:25:35 PM »
Jeezus.   Hearing that fucking cop yelling those orders reminded me of my asshole dad. Used to do that shit to me in the hallway when I was not even ten then slap and kick my on the ground repeatedly so I could not get back up. SF1900 is absolutely right on this one.
h

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2017, 01:27:47 PM »
An investigator stated that the officer should have arrested him once he was on the ground. The cop just kept sounding off a string of incoherent, ridiculous commands. Geez, one wonders how guys like him pass the academy!

Absolutely. Heard the voice and shooter are different cops, though.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2017, 01:29:25 PM »
Ordering a crawl with "hands in the air" doesn't jibe with the dictionary definition.

crawl: (of a person) move forward on the hands and knees or by dragging the body close to the ground.

Can't imagine that was policy.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2017, 01:43:12 PM »
Can't imagine that was policy.

Doesn't seem like it would be. She interpreted the unclear commands as 'knee walking with hands overhead' and survived.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2017, 02:05:18 PM »
Jeezus.   Hearing that fucking cop yelling those orders reminded me of my asshole dad. Used to do that shit to me in the hallway when I was not even ten then slap and kick my on the ground repeatedly so I could not get back up. SF1900 is absolutely right on this one.

For a change!  ;D ;D ;D
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2017, 02:05:55 PM »
Absolutely. Heard the voice and shooter are different cops, though.

Oh geez! So, two cops who don't know what they are doing.  ??? ???
X

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2017, 02:15:19 PM »

Not Butch, though.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2017, 02:18:35 PM »

Why is he a fucker or is that a term of endearment?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2017, 02:40:02 PM »
Equally good arguments on both sides.

Just a bad scene.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2017, 02:46:32 PM »

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2017, 02:49:40 PM »
It's not just pellet guns...I saw a photographer from the Houston Chronicle...way before the terrorism scare...get hassled over setting up a 1600mm lens onto a tripod...

He was setting up to photograph the full moon rise.  

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2017, 03:10:23 PM »

I'm still vexed that the jury could not get this one right. :-\ 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2017, 03:22:19 PM »
I'm still vexed that the jury could not get this one right. :-\ 

x2....horrible.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2017, 04:01:10 PM »
Research has consistently shown that when people are in a state of emotional dysregulation, verbal comprehension and following orders becomes increasingly more difficult. Clearly, this man was in a state of emotional dysregulation, which was caused by the cop. The cop was barking orders left and right, screaming and yelling, and threatening him--he escalated the situation. It is no surprise the man may have flinched or did not follow orders properly. This really comes down to brain science--when peoples limbic system takes over (emotional part of the brain), the prefrontal cortex (logic and reason) basically "shuts down." As such, following orders, gathering oneself, understanding commands, becomes increasingly more difficult. I mean, the cop is barking a string of orders for minutes at a time, and expects a person who is scared for their life, to comply with every single word. ??? ??? It's unreasonable. Many police districts are now training cops more and more in de-escalation strategies. Some police districts are reporting less lethal force due to de-escalation strategies. Wow, what a surprise--you de-escalate the situation, thus requiring less lethal force.

I know your typical getbig response will be, "BULLSHIT. The guy should have just followed orders." Yes, according to the procedures of law officers, this is correct. However, in reality, its unreasonable and a poor strategy to use, which is why police districts are now enforcing de-escalation strategies. They are finally realizing that their current strategies are unreasonable and that there are better ways to deal with erratic people.

Again, Ill await the typical getbig responses:

--the guy should have just followed orders. He didn't follow orders, therefore he got what he deserved.
--shut up, you stupid liberal.
--this guy should have just picked himself up by his bootstraps.
--its this guys fault for taking out his pellet guns.
--etc, etc, etc, etc.

Bullshit. The guy should have followed orders..

No I'm not defending the cop, and he deserved to loose his job. They all made the situation worse then it was. One of the 5 should have just walked up to him and handcuffed him. However the cop didnt commit murder either. how many times did the guy reached to his back?  Justified shooting?no. Murder?no. Just a fucked up situation.

The girl had no problems. It wasnt that he wasnt following orders. It was that he kept reaching for his waistband.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2017, 04:05:36 PM »
Officer Quickfinger maybe, too.

No, it was Officer Triggerhappy.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2017, 04:07:03 PM »
Bullshit. The guy should have followed orders..

No I'm not defending the cop, and he deserved to loose his job. They all made the situation worse then it was. One of the 5 should have just walked up to him and handcuffed him. However the cop didnt commit murder either. how many times did the guy reached to his back?  Justified shooting?no. Murder?no. Just a fucked up situation.

The girl had no problems. It wasnt that he wasnt following orders. It was that he kept reaching for his waistband.

Of course, you will ignore all the science because it doesn't fit with your opinion. Typical getbig. Either way, its shitty procedure, which is why many police districts are changing the way they do things. They realize that when people are extremely dysregulated, it is way more difficult for them to follow orders. But, MUH OPINION!!!

Carry on.
X