Author Topic: Are Stretch Marks a Good Sign for Bodybuilders?  (Read 4052 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Are Stretch Marks a Good Sign for Bodybuilders?
« on: December 10, 2017, 03:46:06 PM »
From Animalpak forum.

OSUrookie: hey guys, i just started to notice a few small stretch marks just above my armpit and i'm wondering if you guys get stretch marks or what u do to get rid of/prevent them.

Rampage: welcome to the club brother!! haha, im not sure what you can do about them.. i tan once or twice a week and it seems to make them not as noticeable unless ur right up close looknig for them

niladmirari88: Stretch marks are bittersweet. I have them on my biceps and they look ugly, but they are also a good sign that your muscles are growing too fast for your skin to adapt. So in that sense I think they rock.

Joe Pas: i love mine ...it shows that im growing ...i love it when i find new ones lol ...i also guage my workout by them too ...when they are all stretched out and smooth that means ive got a sick pump going on lol ...but seriously tanning helps but coco butter will help it there are really bad ...
X

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Are Stretch Marks a Good Sign for Bodybuilders?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 03:50:17 PM »
Nothing good or bad about stretch marks, you get them from gaining or losing weight quickly.
So you can be a fat fuck bulker and then start eating like a human and get them too ;D
A

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 03:50:30 PM »
flawless skin is priceless

makes muscles look better, etc

get the fuck out of here with that dumb thought

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 04:06:46 PM »
Yeah, was thinking the thread title and question was a joke. I mean really, dummy? Stretch marks a good look??? Fuck... Duh.. ::)

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 04:11:14 PM »
Along with muscles torn from their attachments, bitch tits, herniated navels, turtle shell bellies, varicose veins, cystic acne, and synthol deformities... stretch marks can help distinguish one from non-serious trainers.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 04:16:27 PM »
Yeah, was thinking the thread title and question was a joke. I mean really, dummy? Stretch marks a good look??? Fuck... Duh.. ::)

I am proud of my stretch marks. Blood, sweat, and iron. I wear them like a badge of honor. The question is: do you?
X

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 04:22:22 PM »
I knew animal pak had a lot of dumb people on there.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 04:32:03 PM »
Ask The Phenom...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 04:37:18 PM »
Ask The Phenom...

That is straight up hardcore!! He wears those stretch marks with pride!!
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 04:46:44 PM »
Along with muscles torn from their attachments, bitch tits, herniated navels, turtle shell bellies, varicose veins, cystic acne, and synthol deformities... stretch marks can help distinguish one from non-serious trainers.

Its one of the only true ways to distinguish between a hardcore bodybuilder and a non-hardcore bodybuilder. Phil Heath doesn't have many stretch marks because he trains with light weights and machines.
X

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 04:50:19 PM »
Its one of the only true ways to distinguish between a hardcore bodybuilder and a non-hardcore bodybuilder. Phil Heath doesn't have many stretch marks because he trains with light weights and machines.

Agreed. It's also a way for a woman to show she's really serious about her pregnancy.

chess315

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 04:57:58 PM »
Agreed. It's also a way for a woman to show she's really serious about her pregnancy.
They can get really bad on your arm pit chest area

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 06:34:06 PM »
If you don't have stretch marks then you haven't done a lot of growing. I am referring to muscle not fat.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 07:28:07 PM »
If you don't have stretch marks then you haven't done a lot of growing. I am referring to muscle not fat.

Agreed.

My body is just one big stretch mark!
X

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 07:46:31 PM »

What ?

chess315

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 07:53:36 PM »
Ask The Phenom...

funny thing that guys probably 8% bf I don't get it

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 08:35:03 PM »
I figured everyone had some stretch marks around the armpit/chest area ... judging by some of the posts im guessing this isn't a given?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 10:04:21 PM »
I have them. Got them at a time when growing muscle fast. In hindsight I wish I had grown slower but more consistently.

Simple Simon

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 10:11:15 PM »
I dont have any....

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 10:11:58 PM »
strentch marks = you lift heavy ass weight.. that's what it means lol

in he end of days it means you are adding lean muscle on your if a training consistently

strentch mark can also come from fat.. and losing and gaining weight too fast.. but when i talk stretch marks i talk bodybuild i talk lean muscle tissue and skin elasticity.. not fat

stretch mark is blessing lol atleast i considered it always blessing lol

no one want to lift some heavy ass weight.. yet everyone want to be a bodybuild.. this is so true to 2017 lol

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Simple Simon

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 12:12:43 AM »
strentch marks = you lift heavy ass weight.. that's what it means lol

in he end of days it means you are adding lean muscle on your if a training consistently

strentch mark can also come from fat.. and losing and gaining weight too fast.. but when i talk stretch marks i talk bodybuild i talk lean muscle tissue and skin elasticity.. not fat

stretch mark is blessing lol atleast i considered it always blessing lol

no one want to lift some heavy ass weight.. yet everyone want to be a bodybuild.. this is so true to 2017 lol

gh15 approved

No wonder people pay you such large amounts of money, that text could have come straight out of a medical textbook , you really are a genius.

willl

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 06:31:41 AM »
heavy ass weight yes
"un-elastic" skin no

it's amino acids of skin protein being catabolised and metabolised as glucose for brain energy, during acute and chronic periods of 'heavy energy expenditure/need' (workouts, pregnancy, fasting,..)

the skin areas affected are "easy" targets, eg. neck, armpits, elbowpits, glutes, knee pits (folding etc)
for pregnant women or fat people the belly is easy for skin degradation because of the stretch

skin on it's own is very elastic, but combined with (extreme) heavy lifting, genetic weakness (some have more predisposition than others), malnutrition, etc... = marks

so far no cure

gh and other collagen repair improving drugs/methods can be used to minimal degree

lighter skin better visually

some 'heal' or fade better visually

water with pure glucose during workouts as a beginner tip to basic prevention

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 06:44:48 AM »
I have zero. Then again the heaviest I have been is 190lbs. You get stretch marks by getting big too quickly.  Fat guys have them too.

Simple Simon

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 09:28:43 AM »
heavy ass weight yes
"un-elastic" skin no

it's amino acids of skin protein being catabolised and metabolised as glucose for brain energy, during acute and chronic periods of 'heavy energy expenditure/need' (workouts, pregnancy, fasting,..)

the skin areas affected are "easy" targets, eg. neck, armpits, elbowpits, glutes, knee pits (folding etc)
for pregnant women or fat people the belly is easy for skin degradation because of the stretch

skin on it's own is very elastic, but combined with (extreme) heavy lifting, genetic weakness (some have more predisposition than others), malnutrition, etc... = marks

so far no cure

gh and other collagen repair improving drugs/methods can be used to minimal degree

lighter skin better visually

some 'heal' or fade better visually

water with pure glucose during workouts as a beginner tip to basic prevention

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 09:33:55 AM »
No wonder people pay you such large amounts of money, that text could have come straight out of a medical textbook , you really are a genius.

LOL  ;D