Author Topic: Laser pointer at airplane - How would anyone TRUELY know it was you?  (Read 6066 times)

QuietYou

Apparently when you point a laser pointer at a flying aircraft, it is extremely sensitive and completely amplifies it's effects making it extremely distracting to the pilot as shown above. Hypothetically, not saying that i've done this more than a hand full of times, but if you pointed a laser pointer at a cockpit and just continued to point it and the plane crashed, how would they ever even find out who did it? How would you even get caught?

chess315

Re: Laser pointer at airplane - How would anyone TRUELY know it was you?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:02:34 PM »
They will catch you with Lazer tracking devices. I would be Leary of posting shit like That you don't want people to think your wanting to blind airliners with lazers.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 08:07:07 PM »
They typically check FB and the welfare department roles. In almost every case where the culprit has been found, it has been a low life, out of work, drain on society that usually lives with their parent and has no social life except on FB where they post their deed so their one friend can tell them how awesome they are for endangering the aircraft occupants

QuietYou

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 08:34:02 PM »
They typically check FB and the welfare department roles. In almost every case where the culprit has been found, it has been a low life, out of work, drain on society that usually lives with their parent and has no social life except on FB where they post their deed so their one friend can tell them how awesome they are for endangering the aircraft occupants

What if it's not on Facebook?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 08:51:50 PM »
What if it's not on Facebook?

If FB and the welfare rolls turn up empty they fall back on the laser tracker technology

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 12:17:19 AM »

so you know the OP?

QuietYou

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 12:31:54 AM »
so you know the OP?

Yeah you got me! Just bought a laser pointer from walmart with my welfare check!

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 12:47:00 AM »

Apparently when you point a laser pointer at a flying aircraft, it is extremely sensitive and completely amplifies it's effects making it extremely distracting to the pilot as shown above. Hypothetically, not saying that i've done this more than a hand full of times, but if you pointed a laser pointer at a cockpit and just continued to point it and the plane crashed, how would they ever even find out who did it? How would you even get caught?

Well, when a moron like you point the laser to the aircraft, there is sharp beam of light between you and the aircraft, but pilot has a radio to call the police. If laser is powerful enough to distract the pilot, the beam will be visible and pointing at you. That's why only complete morons do that, you see..  ;D

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 01:39:28 AM »
If FB and the welfare rolls turn up empty they fall back on the laser tracker technology

Police helicopter needs at the least 10 minutes to arrive & employ laser tracker  ;D ;D ;D

QuietYou

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 02:16:07 AM »
Well, when the moron like you point the laser to the aircraft, there is sharp beam of light between you and the aircraft, but pilot has a radio to call the police. If laser is powerful enough to distract the pilot, the beam will be visible and pointing at you. That's why only complete morons do that, you see..  ;D

When was the last time you were on a plane? They're extremely high in the air to the point where you can't even see people walking on the ground. Even when they're not at the peak of their flight. "Hello police, there is a light down there somewhere" Is it literally going to leave a beam that far? Even then idk.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 02:53:02 AM »

When was the last time you were on a plane? They're extremely high in the air to the point where you can't even see people walking on the ground. Even when they're not at the peak of their flight. "Hello police, there is a light down there somewhere" Is it literally going to leave a beam that far? Even then idk.

Yes.. it's blatantly fucking obvious when someone is pointing a laser pointer up at the sky.

People on the ground will know where you are and people in the air will, too.

That's why they are so absolutely awesome for astronomy

"Point the telescope at that star"

"Which fucking one of the thousands?"

Turn laser pointer on.   Point your seemingly infinite beam right at it.

"Oh that one"

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 03:46:17 AM »
No fucking way would they know where you are.Not a smart thing to do either way but don’t see how anyone would get caught.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 04:23:13 AM »
there are a lot of things that are illegal to do where its difficult to get caught i see no point in making threads about them.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 04:28:49 AM »
I always wonder how they catch these people doing this laser pointing.  There's a laser pointing at me.  Where?  Down there somewhere.  Got him!

13B-T

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 05:15:10 AM »
Most passenger large aircraft are mostly autonomous in the sky.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 05:30:29 AM »
Why would you want to endanger the lives of people for no reason? ???

QuietYou

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 06:09:50 AM »
Why would you want to endanger the lives of people for no reason? ???
This is not my intention lol. I’m just wondering how they’d go about finding the person IF they even could. Not trying to put ideas in anyone’s head though. I don’t want to hear on the news tomorrow that somebody did this because of getbig. I agree tho, they most likely would get caught. They’d root back street cameras. Witnesses, etc. there’s always someone watching

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 06:44:53 AM »
It doesn’t matter. Pilots don’t fly planes anyways. It’s all autonomous. They just take the controls in case of emergency.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 06:54:09 AM »
One way you'd easily get found out is to post about it on a bodybuilding forum. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 07:00:16 AM »
The unique misspelling, I imagine. Like DNA, a slam dunk.

QuietYou

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 07:05:14 AM »
One way you'd easily get found out is to post about it on a bodybuilding forum. 

I'm not gonna do it tho it's hypothetical something i thought of

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 07:08:09 AM »
I'm not gonna do it tho it's hypothetical something i thought of

No of course. I never thought you were referring about yourself.

It's a completely rational question.

However posting about it on a bodybuilding forum is still a good way to get caught.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 07:23:18 AM »
and that's what's killing Commercial Aviation these day and age..Stick and Rudder is a thing of the past..a lot of these pilots rely too heavily on Automation and when trouble comes and autopilot went off, these pilots have troubles handling the controls manually and it usually end in Disaster...AirFrance Flight 447 is a good example

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 07:27:51 AM »
one could start a thread about... oh, lets say.. forum traffic... 'seems a little slow around here' – that will likely get deleted. start a thread about bringing down an aircraft with a laser, potentially killing many people in the process... and that is A ok.

which is pretty awesome, lol

QuietYou

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 07:28:07 AM »
and that's what's killing Commercial Aviation these day and age..Stick and Rudder is a thing of the past..a lot of these pilots rely too heavily on Automation and when trouble comes and autopilot went off, these pilots have troubles handling the controls manually and it usually end in Disaster...AirFrance Flight 447 is a good example
Don’t pilots still land the plane regardless? It’s only automated in the air correct? I’m sure they’re assisted but they have to have some measure of skill in there somewhere.