Author Topic: Dark Phoenix  (Read 1492 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Dark Phoenix
« on: December 14, 2017, 09:38:15 AM »
In order to properly visualize the firey transformation of Jean Grey (Sophie Turner) into Phoenix, the new X-Men film has a longer post-production period than usual — nearly a year. Explains director Simon Kinberg, "I wanted the post time to deliver on the nuance of the visual effects, not just the scale of them. That takes time."

I know this is just a magazine shoot, but I hope it looks a lot better than this haha. Still a little surprised they're hitting this territory again, but I'm looking forward to it. When I read this story as a kid, it's the thing that made me view comics as true art. I sort of couldn't believe what I was reading. Sounds like they are really sticking close to the source material this time.  The Xmen movies have been much more hit or miss than the marvel universe movies, but I am really looking forward to this one.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Dark Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 10:32:08 AM »

I know this is just a magazine shoot, but I hope it looks a lot better than this haha. Still a little surprised they're hitting this territory again, but I'm looking forward to it. When I read this story as a kid, it's the thing that made me view comics as true art. I sort of couldn't believe what I was reading. Sounds like they are really sticking close to the source material this time.  The Xmen movies have been much more hit or miss than the marvel universe movies, but I am really looking forward to this one.

One year post-production!

It's going to be a CGI-fest of Peace!

Hope they do it justice.
Q

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 10:35:36 AM »
By " this territory " you mean the Phoenix story?

Checked some Wiki timelines recently. Read a lot of comics as a kid and was just curious about storylines.

Well, it seems that now, and back then, almost every other bigger story arch was about the, rise, dead and rebirth of the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix/ Jean Grey 😀

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 10:39:19 AM »
When I was into X Men comics as a little kid, Jean Grey was just plain old Marvel Girl and her powers were on about the same level as the psionic energy fields generated by Sue Richards, a.k.a. The Invisible Girl.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 10:47:58 AM »
sansa is a bit too timid and young looking to pull it off imo.

the milf chick from the original movie series though  :-*

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 10:48:00 AM »
When I was into X Men comics as a little kid, Jean Grey was just plain old Marvel Girl and her powers were on about the same level as the psionic energy fields generated by Sue Richards, a.k.a. The Invisible Girl.
Same here.   :(

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 10:49:35 AM »
Same here.   :(

She evolved in the 70s after a PED-regimen concocted by Dr Hank McCoy.
Q

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »
She evolved in the 70s after a PED-regimen concocted by Dr Hank McCoy.

so that's the truth behind the mythical ciba dbols

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 10:55:21 AM »
sansa is a bit too timid and young looking to pull it off imo.

the milf chick from the original movie series though  :-*

Agreed.  I'm not buying Sansa as Dark Phoenix.  She's just not convincing.   Hopefully the movie will change my mind.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 12:14:26 PM »
No idea what this is about. Another comic book/superhero movie? How fucking many of them can there possibly be?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 12:44:02 PM »
there will be as many as there are comic books.