Author Topic: is curb your enthusiasm the most boring show ever? 10th season coming!!  (Read 2033 times)

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
some guy put up the best of it, it's 1 hour from season 1-8

i couldnt find a single scene that was funny.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: is curb your enthusiasm the most boring show ever? 10th season coming!!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 03:26:11 PM »
Im not surprised ay all, coming from you.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 03:29:24 PM »
i know, im far to sophisticated for that low budget tv-series where every other scene is about a lot of screaming.

the script... it's incredible, they'll accept any little bits from real life situations and make an episode of it.

it's genius, it takes NOTHING to put that shit together.

rangerwil

• Getbig III
  • Straight as an arrow but gay as fuck!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 05:34:05 PM »
One of my favorite shows ever.
Too bad the last season sucked, I'm pretty sure it's over now.
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

QuietYou

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 05:57:20 PM »
some guy put up the best of it, it's 1 hour from season 1-8

i couldnt find a single scene that was funny.

Let's see here. Larry David was behind Seinfeld which was one of the most successful comedy's if not the most successful of all time. Curb has also been wildly successful and seen as extremely funny. There were billboards everywhere of Larry and Curb when i was spending time in hollywood. As the season was highly anticipated These things are funny because they're real scenarios that probably occur with Larry. He's simply playing himself in his life. Where some ridiculous and awkward situations happen. You probably go on the YNC . c o m and watch people be beheaded and shit and laugh at that. Or you watch stupid, cringey hebrew meme videos on Facebook and instagram. Your opinion on humor doesn't mean half a shit.

QuietYou

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 05:58:02 PM »
Let's see here. Larry David was behind Seinfeld which was one of the most successful comedy's if not the most successful of all time. Curb has also been wildly successful and seen as extremely funny. There were billboards everywhere of Larry and Curb when i was spending time in hollywood. As the season was highly anticipated These things are funny because they're real scenarios that probably occur with Larry. He's simply playing himself in his life. Where some ridiculous and awkward situations happen. You probably go on the YNC . c o m and watch people be beheaded and shit and laugh at that. Or you watch stupid, cringey hebrew meme videos on Facebook and instagram. Your opinion on humor doesn't mean half a shit.

Hi Larry

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 06:06:08 PM »

but all successful comedy shows are a) successful and b) considered funny

that includes everybody loves raymond, mash, roseanne, friends, scrubs, golden girls, fresh prince and the cosby show so with your logic you watch them all, as well?

QuietYou

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 06:11:20 PM »
but all successful comedy shows are a) successful and b) considered funny

that includes everybody loves raymond, mash, roseanne, friends, scrubs, golden girls, fresh prince and the cosby show so with your logic you watch them all, as well?

All of these shows have their own loyal demographic and target audience that stays with them and made them stay successful throughout the years. Obviously they were considered funny in many ways. Me personally? I don't like the format and theme of some of these shows so i don't watch them although they may be funny at times. I don't think i fit the demographic for a few of them either. But i did enjoy a couple of them. But for a man of your age, what is funny if Curb is not?

List some shows you think are funny for a better understanding.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 06:14:39 PM »
i cant find anything funny, thats the problem.

QuietYou

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 06:15:42 PM »
i cant find anything funny, thats the problem.

Seems like more of a personal problem

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 06:19:08 PM »
Seems like more of a personal problem

yes some people laugh at anything.

they love to laugh, they say.

like when larry starts shouting or talk loud in a cinema.

imagine writing for curb your enthusiasm, easier job in the world. you can take any real life situation people would recognize then you have him react in a way most people dont, or would want to be cant.

maybe he looks at a womans tits. or get into a fight with someone. he starts shouting cause he lose his temper. someone cuts the line at a bakery... maybe he argues with a cop claiming he ran a red light and he says he didnt...

no wonder that shot is 10 seasons... anything fits.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 06:20:25 PM »
Funniest show on tv today. Go watch your Adam Sandler and Jim Carey movies. I'm sure that's more your speed, intellect and sophistication.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 06:24:02 PM »
It’s a great show cause it’s boring as fuck like real life

Dokey111

• Getbig V

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 06:27:18 PM »
Funniest show on tv today. Go watch your Adam Sandler and Jim Carey movies. I'm sure that's more your speed, intellect and sophistication.

but thats not saying much.

a lot of shit on tv.

jim carey is really good, far more talented than larry davis. he's won 2 golden globes where as larry only been nominated and never won.

guess he wasnt funny enough for an award.

QuietYou

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 06:30:04 PM »
yes some people laugh at anything.

they love to laugh, they say.

like when larry starts shouting or talk loud in a cinema.

imagine writing for curb your enthusiasm, easier job in the world. you can take any real life situation people would recognize then you have him react in a way most people dont, or would want to be cant.

maybe he looks at a womans tits. or get into a fight with someone. he starts shouting cause he lose his temper. someone cuts the line at a bakery... maybe he argues with a cop claiming he ran a red light and he says he didnt...

no wonder that shot is 10 seasons... anything fits.

It gives you the nostalgia of Seinfeld that many loved. Yes no doubt that the show takes advantage of that. As there are many similar scenarios, as the creator is familiar  :). But Larry is a complete outcast in his real life. Which also depicted in the show to an even higher degree. What's funny is the authenticity that he is actually ridiculous like this. If you saw things like this in real life, they would be much more funny than on TV.

Keep in mind, that the people who watch are but not limited to, middle aged men and women. People who haven't been desensitized as much by social media. Not desensitized in an innocence way lol, but in a brainwashed way skewing their view of comedy. There are some people on Getbig that are funny, but if you think THAT is comedy and get more out of THAT then shows.

You need to realize that half of these getbig people take like 10 minutes preparing a single sentence that they try to make seem funny and they're STILL hit or miss but they have no critics so it's fine. If half of these funny getbiggers got in front of a crowd of people they'd look stupid, be humiliated, and wouldn't be funny whatsoever.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 06:31:46 PM »
you might be better off confronting challenges on your level instead of picking on getbig idiots

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2017, 02:24:32 AM »
but thats not saying much.

a lot of shit on tv.

jim carey is really good, far more talented than larry davis. he's won 2 golden globes where as larry only been nominated and never won.

guess he wasnt funny enough for an award.

Who ?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2017, 02:40:38 AM »
Jim Carrey better than Larry David?

Jim Carrey is like the $1 burger of comedy now. It's tasty and interesting for a moment, then you're left wondering where the substance was a couple of hours later.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 05:08:39 AM »
Jim Carrey better than Larry David?

Jim Carrey is like the $1 burger of comedy now. It's tasty and interesting for a moment, then you're left wondering where the substance was a couple of hours later.

one of them is an actor, a great one at that.

the other one isnt, he is just he's usual shouting, screaming self.

if you see an absolute moron on the street screaming because he got a parking ticket, do you think "that guys is better than jim carrey!" ?

the only difference is the moron didnt get a tv-deal, larry did.

Simple Simon

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 05:12:48 AM »
Larry David net worth $900million

Ratherbebig net worth...?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 05:15:09 AM »
oprah winfrey net worth 3.1 billion

that's how much BETTER she is than larry david

we should all watch her show, why?`because she makes a lot of money thats why! no other reason needed

Simple Simon

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 05:18:46 AM »
Larry David is an acquired taste, you need to have a certain mindset to understand it, most people miss all of life's unwritten rules, Larry sees them and makes fun of it.

9pm phone call cut offs for example...

Chat and cuts...

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2017, 05:23:05 AM »
i think its the opposite

it's very simple humour, thats why its so popular because there are that many morons out there.

you cant on one hand claim something needs brains to understand then at the same time attract the masses who lacks brains.

thats like claiming beyonce is music for people schooled in classical music and lovers of mozart.

Simple Simon

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2017, 05:23:45 AM »
i think its the opposite

it's very simple humour, thats why its so popular because there are that many morons out there.

you cant on one hand claim something needs brains to understand then at the same time attract the masses who lacks brains.

thats like claiming beyonce is music for people schooled in classical music and lovers of mozart.

Do you watch Frazier?