Author Topic: what the fuck is wrong with gym people  (Read 3753 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
what the fuck is wrong with gym people
« on: December 15, 2017, 06:54:34 PM »

So I'm squatting and some moron comes up and sets up in the station across from me, even though there are three others free, not facing anyone!

In between sets, he just stands there staring through me like a computer on standby...

I move to the next station over, and seconds later a nearly identical little drone comes and pulls the same shit. Again, free station still available, not facing anyone.

People do this all the time! One time I asked a guy to just stand off to the side while he's in between sets and he looks at me like I'm an alien.

WTF it's the most distracting thing in the world to be struggling to keep form on the last few reps of a hard set with some vacant idiot nonchalantly bobbing his head to whatever shitty music three feet in front of your face.

QuietYou

Re: what the fuck is wrong with gym people
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 06:56:26 PM »

So I'm squatting and some moron comes up and sets up in the station across from me, even though there are three others free, not facing anyone!

In between sets, he just stands there staring through me like a computer on standby...

I move to the next station over, and seconds later a nearly identical little drone comes and pulls the same shit. Again, free station still available, not facing anyone.

People do this all the time! One time I asked a guy to just stand off to the side while he's in between sets and he looks at me like I'm an alien.

WTF it's the most distracting thing in the world to be struggling to keep form on the last few reps of a hard set with some vacant idiot nonchalantly bobbing his head to whatever shitty music three feet in front of your face.

Threaten him

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 06:58:58 PM »
Pretend.

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 07:08:04 PM »
Maybe they want to schmoe you!...sniff your underwear or smell your farts??

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 07:13:44 PM »

Why are you such a prick?  Why not say hi and just be a nice person?  You aren't a competitive bodybuilder, your workouts aren't that serious buddy.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »
You were probably just looking at a mirror on the wall.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 07:26:53 PM »
People today are morons and completely unaware of themselves and how to act in public.If I’m working out and someone comes very close to me I simply say get the fuck away from me fruitcake.Usually solve athe problem rather quickly.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 07:45:09 PM »
People today are morons and completely unaware of themselves and how to act in public.If I’m working out and someone comes very close to me I simply say get the fuck away from me fruitcake.Usually solve athe problem rather quickly.

lolol

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 07:46:36 PM »

If you have any size and look like you know what you are doing, people will do this creepy shit.
This is why is miss training at home.
A

rangerwil

• Getbig III
  • Straight as an arrow but gay as fuck!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 09:17:27 PM »
Maybe they want to schmoe you!...sniff your underwear or smell your farts??
It's a thing
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 10:19:14 PM »
It's a thing
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Fuck Me!!...That's It, I'm building My Own Dungeon in my Basement, Screw these Weirdos!!...

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 02:38:45 PM »
Why are you such a prick?  Why not say hi and just be a nice person?  You aren't a competitive bodybuilder, your workouts aren't that serious buddy.

Can’t stand this attitude in the gym

Same dude wearing matching shit with hair gel

Gym is work , it’s not fckn social hour, it’s not time to get girls or even impress anyone - do it on stage
It’s WORK so why bother a man working not for $ but for himself

Granted not all have this mindset but get the fck out of my way if you don’t

I’ve put in the time to be left alone
4 year BS in exercise phsy
NSCA CSCS cert
Jr USAs
States
Teen states
Trained with pros
Worked 8 years as a personal trainer even trained special pops like SCIs

Plus I fckn pay to come there $29/month

Got something to say , start by paying my gym fee for the month then I’ll take my headphones off — otherwise go ask one of the fat fck fly by night personal trainers in the gym

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 02:48:52 PM »
Was it dramajane181? No wait, you were training legs

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 02:54:19 PM »
another reason not to squat

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 04:42:35 PM »
I have my own gym at home, yes a cold basement dungeon. I love it, heavy metal as loud as I want, no shoes no shirt. I do have a membership at the gym in town that I use only on the weekends so I can feed of the gym energy though.  Generally speaking at the gym I get a lot of guys walking around me with the flared elbows strutting stuff. I just ignore everybody like this and carry on, 45-60 min workout Nd I am gone.
h

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 09:37:15 AM »
Maybe he wants to get to know you?
K

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 09:38:53 AM »
How about you worry about your own training and ignore other people/??

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 09:52:55 AM »
When I go to the gym I'm purely focused on the battle at hand. That's me V the weights and nothing else matters, my focus is beyond comprehension and Katy Perry and Kelly Brook could start having lesbo sex in front of me and I wouldn't even notice. All that would be in my mind is focusing on the IRON....... 8)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 09:57:18 AM »

Can’t stand this attitude in the gym

Same dude wearing matching shit with hair gel

Gym is work , it’s not fckn social hour, it’s not time to get girls or even impress anyone - do it on stage
It’s WORK so why bother a man working not for $ but for himself

Granted not all have this mindset but get the fck out of my way if you don’t

I’ve put in the time to be left alone
4 year BS in exercise phsy
NSCA CSCS cert
Jr USAs
States
Teen states
Trained with pros
Worked 8 years as a personal trainer even trained special pops like SCIs

Plus I fckn pay to come there $29/month

Got something to say , start by paying my gym fee for the month then I’ll take my headphones off — otherwise go ask one of the fat fck fly by night personal trainers in the gym

I agree 100 percent. in my 10 years of training I  have never bothered anyone about working  my sets in or asked stupid questions, got in anyone's way, waved my hands at them, never hogged weights, etc...some courtesy  is so basic that it's hard to understand how anyone could need instructions.

I try and keep my hat over my eyes and my headphones buried in my ears. I'd like to have the same courtesy in return, unfortunately, as mentioned already there are way too many morons around.

QuietYou

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 10:07:22 AM »
You guys bragging about your anti social tendencies is amusing af. Oh wow you’re so cool because you don’t talk to anyone at the gym lmao. Like they’re missing out by not asking you and asking some trainer  ::)

Simple Simon

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 10:16:15 AM »
You guys bragging about your anti social tendencies is amusing af. Oh wow you’re so cool because you don’t talk to anyone at the gym lmao. Like they’re missing out by not asking you and asking some trainer  ::)

most people at our gym are serious, we have the odd fuckwit but they dont normally last long, everyone respects that people are there to train, they have a reception desk for chat.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »
Modern gyms and people are just an embarrassment. Late 70's/early 80's were best and hardcore. (For me).
Puzzies all around today.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2017, 10:53:13 AM »

hell yeah

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 11:23:18 AM »
You guys bragging about your anti social tendencies is amusing af. Oh wow you’re so cool because you don’t talk to anyone at the gym lmao. Like they’re missing out by not asking you and asking some trainer  ::)

Don't know if this is directed at me, but i wouldn't consider my complaint unusual. I'm doing a hard exercise, trying to focus, and some retard is sitting three feet in front of my face vacantly staring into nothing. Does no one think to step three feet to one side while they're just twiddling their thumbs or spacing out? Is expecting as much "anti social"?

Or maybe is everyone blessed with Donald's iron focus? ::)

Was it dramajane181? No wait, you were training legs

;D

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 02:23:03 AM »
I hear you, but you're better off just expressing yourself diplomatically to the people who do it.  I don't think it's a bad thing to catch them when they walk up and say, "Brother, would you mind taking one of the other racks? - this is an odd gym in that they force you face each other whilst squatting, I'd rather not assault you with my red faced antics".

They aren't trying to be assholes, they just don't understand that that situation is also an expression of the urinal code.