Author Topic: Any of you train with a Bowflex  (Read 2843 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Any of you train with a Bowflex
« on: December 17, 2017, 06:41:23 AM »
Thinking about switching it up and using this as a specific way of training. I already have what I believe is enough size and don't want to add anything. I wanted to see if any of you had switched to this type of training.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Any of you train with a Bowflex
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 06:45:23 AM »
No.  But you can do the same thing with regular resistant bands much cheaper.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 07:09:53 AM »
I have tried the bow flex a few times when my friends parents had them years ago and the movement was never natural or fluid so it was awkward for me.So I never really felt the musclebso much as joints.There are good machines out there like bow flex I can’t recall beamed of ones I’ve used but for me bowfoex just didn’t feel right.

chess315

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 07:11:28 AM »
No.  But you can do the same thing with regular resistant bands much cheaper.
I come close to buying one always they have these miltary sales always around here just never have.  I kick my self in the ass for not buying that big power tek machine for 500 a couple yrs ago it's worth 2 grand I got a real nice legpress hacksquat parabody for 400 once I sold it though :( the new Bowflex is way better than the old ones. The one with out the rods if you have a base by your house wait tell they have the big military base garage sells you can get gym shit there all day long cheap. I had a whole gym basically a 1000 bucks

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 07:23:27 AM »

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 07:41:52 AM »
dj181 tried one but it threw him through a window.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 07:45:31 AM »
you can actually build very imprsive physiqe with bowflex,, I had an athlete I worked with that first time he came to me only thing he did before was bowflex in his home,, he was from cheq republic.. ofcourse they are much more gifted than most humans physiqe wize.. like Russians.. but still he looked marvelous for someone who only did bowflex for couple years,, he was on hormones doing bowflex,, he looked very good,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 08:09:38 AM »

Rumor has it he once snapped 36 power rods in a row.

Simple Simon

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 08:17:46 AM »
you can actually build very imprsive physiqe with bowflex,, I had an athlete I worked with that first time he came to me only thing he did before was bowflex in his home,, he was from cheq republic.. ofcourse they are much more gifted than most humans physiqe wize.. like Russians.. but still he looked marvelous for someone who only did bowflex for couple years,, he was on hormones doing bowflex,, he looked very good,,

gh15 approved
improved grammar of peace...

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 08:38:56 AM »
You could have stopped after "train"

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 08:59:20 AM »

;D

QuietYou

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 09:21:16 AM »
Thinking about switching it up and using this as a specific way of training. I already have what I believe is enough size and don't want to add anything. I wanted to see if any of you had switched to this type of training.
Don’t use a bowflex it’s only going backwards. Then when someone who lifts and does a little research in the forums sees you with the bowflex he’ll think he knows more than you and tries to give you advice etc etc. then you gotta say “oh well I know what I’m doing I have 20k posts on getbig I’m tired of the same shit” just save the time

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 09:44:52 AM »

I would rather invest in a good set up Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells and some bands and a heavy sandbag that go the bowlfex route, and drive all your training off that.   Better and more versatile than a stationary bowflex, IMO.
Y

chess315

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 03:24:29 PM »

gh15 approved
the old Bowflex or the ones with the disks the disk ones are nice I always see people selling them for nothing about grabbed one a few times

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 03:53:07 PM »
use one when i visit family in Scottsdale....  gets me by if we're too busy to make it too gym... doesn't come close to replacing the real deal....

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 03:56:38 PM »
invest in some iron , it will last you a lifetime...
F

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 03:59:36 PM »
The resistance curve is just bad. It's too easy at first and too hard at the end. Real lifting is tried and true. If you want to save on space use Ironmaster dumbbells or even power blocks.  Using a chin and drip attachment with their bench you can do so many exercises for every body part. Ironmaster has a million attachments for their bench. If you want to lift with just a postage stamp storage area quick adjust dumbbells and and bench is the way to go. The older I get the more I see you don't need a commercial gym amount of equipment to build your body. It's nice but not necessary.  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 06:17:37 PM »
Resistance bands are superior to Bowflex.  You get a lot more natural movements from them, constant tension for the most part, unlimited versatile angles and exercises, plus they make pink bands for you tiny tit bitches.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 06:46:41 PM »
Anyone use a Soloflex?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 07:03:53 PM »

gh15 approved

So good genetics and drugs will lead to an impressive build. Not a bowflex.

chess315

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 07:11:05 PM »
Anyone use a Soloflex?
half ass at best

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 07:23:01 PM »

;D

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2017, 07:42:51 PM »

haha
"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 06:12:16 AM »

Hasn't posted since 2009.

You registered in 2015.

Hmmmmm.
Y

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 07:22:33 AM »
So good genetics and drugs will lead to an impressive build. Not a bowflex.

hormones..

drugs = heroin and narcotics,,

hormones.. testosterona.. what your ballz has in it,,

but generaly speak you need some resistance training ofcourse,, its a given,, any type of resistance training alogn side hormones and decent genetic respond to thosde hormones.. will lead to a physiqe worth writing home about,, doesn't mean damage creating physiqe.. for that more serious approach need to take place,,

the cheq fella was realy to go on stage and win state show with 6 month training.. this is how good he was when he came to me,, and it was by mainly using bowflex and some designers i swear lol,,

gh15 approved
lion of Judah
fallen angel