Author Topic: Trump signs sweeping tax overhaul, sealing major victory  (Read 2514 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Trump signs sweeping tax overhaul, sealing major victory
« on: December 22, 2017, 09:56:54 AM »

Washington (AFP) - US President Donald Trump on Friday signed into law a sweeping overhaul of the US tax code, two days after the Republican plan was adopted by Congress in a major political victory.

"I watched the news this morning and they were all saying, will he keep his promise, will he sign it by Christmas?" Trump told reporters gathered in the Oval Office.

"And I called downstairs and said 'Get it ready, we have to sign it now.'"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-signs-sweeping-tax-overhaul-sealing-major-victory-164804948.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Trump signs sweeping tax overhaul, sealing major victory
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 10:11:29 AM »
Impressive accomplishment.  As I've said before, it doesn't go far enough, but anything that reduces the American people's tax burden is a good thing. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 11:46:28 AM »
RNC Chairwoman: Trump’s first year as president is a historic success
Ronna McDaniel By Ronna McDaniel   | Fox News

President Trump's 2017 achievements

From tax reform to military successes, here's a look at President Trump's achievements one year since taking office.

Since President Trump was elected, Democrats have done nothing but reject, obstruct and resist – kicking and screaming every step of the way. Yet that has not deterred our president. In fact, he has kept his eye on the prize: prioritizing the very people who put him in office. Because of that, he has had a historically successful first year in office.

President Trump just delivered the biggest set of tax cuts in over 30 years, after rallying Congress and the American people around a plan that puts more money into our pockets. He has cut 10 regulations for each new one added, saving the country billions of dollars.

The American economy is great again. The unemployment rate is down to a 17-year low of 4.1 percent and the labor market has exceeded expectations by adding hundreds of thousands of new jobs. The gross domestic product is rising beyond expectations, consumer confidence is at a 17-year high, small businesses are growing and the stock market is soaring.

The president was quick to nominate federal judges during his first year, with 19 confirmed by the Senate so far. He’s had the most circuit court judges confirmed during a president’s first year, and appointed widely respected Justice Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court soon after taking office.

As we reflect on President Trump’s first year, let this be a reminder that the Democrats who claim to care about us are actually working against us.

He’s boosting pay for our troops, growing our military, and giving them the equipment they need to remain the world’s top fighting force. He’s restoring accountability to the Department of Veterans Affairs, because he knows our nation’s heroes deserve much better than they’ve been getting.

The president boldly stood for American leadership during a historic United Nations address, where he outlined a forceful new strategy toward nations that pose the greatest security threats to the United States. He was clear and unapologetic about our nation’s new policy: America First.

President Trump has made the southern border harder to illegally cross – arrests of people trying to cross illegally into the United States from Mexico are at the lowest point since 1971. His vision for merit-based immigration is one that will reward those who follow our laws, make our country better and are proud to call themselves Americans.

The administration is also working to eradicate the most violent street gangs from our nation, and is tackling our nation’s drug addiction and opioid abuse crisis. He’s stayed true to the commitments he made on the campaign trail, after taking office, and again during his joint address to Congress earlier this year. The president has done all of this and more, without taking a salary. He promised he’d donate it, so that’s what he’s done.

Since the president’s inauguration, Democrats have delayed confirmation for his national security nominees and stalled hundreds of other nominees, all to undermine his first year in office. They launched the first partisan filibuster of a Supreme Court nominee in history, for no real reason.

As we reflect on President Trump’s first year, let this be a reminder that the Democrats who claim to care about us are actually working against us. They push fraudulent narratives to hide President Trump’s real action for the American people. They’ve pledged a reckless resistance, whereas President Trump pledges results. Despite their obstruction, the president continues to lead – so here’s to one year down, and many more to go.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/22/rnc-chairwoman-trump-s-first-year-as-president-is-historic-success.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »
Impressive accomplishment.  As I've said before, it doesn't go far enough, but anything that reduces the American people's tax burden is a good thing. 

LOL - Republicans own all three branches of  government and still couldn't get shit done this year and they finally were able to pass something

Very Impressive Accomplishment

::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 07:33:43 PM »
LOL - Republicans own all three branches of  government and still couldn't get shit done this year and they finally were able to pass something

Very Impressive Accomplishment

::)

We’ve all been saying the Republicans are pretty much shit but it got done and he kept yet another promise.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 10:59:11 PM »
We’ve all been saying the Republicans are pretty much shit but it got done and he kept yet another promise.

was at my girlfriends house's family today...and they brought this up... i explained them with new tax plan they will save 10-13% per paycheck(they are middle class). it dropped from 25% to 12-13 %.. they got happy when i told them that... MSM doesnt tell normal people this..just it only benefits rich people. thanks liberals/240 for the lies and FAKE NEWS..so whats strawman/240/QuietYou gonna do with his saved money since he hates Trump so much? donate it to a getbig fund so we can have a friendly competition(new Getbig competition?) with it 240, thats ideal...since you dont want that extra money because it came from Trump.
real men= no rubbers

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 02:03:09 PM »
was at my girlfriends house's family today...and they brought this up... i explained them with new tax plan they will save 10-13% per paycheck(they are middle class). it dropped from 25% to 12-13 %.. they got happy when i told them that... MSM doesnt tell normal people this..just it only benefits rich people. thanks liberals/240 for the lies and FAKE NEWS..so whats strawman/240/QuietYou gonna do with his saved money since he hates Trump so much? donate it to a getbig fund so we can have a friendly competition(new Getbig competition?) with it 240, thats ideal...since you dont want that extra money because it came from Trump.

what dropped from 25% to 12-13%?

here are the tax brackets from the legislation and what the 2018 brackets would have been under the old rules

I just picked the 38k to 82k bracket and the reduction in the tax rate is only 3%

If you itemize and live in certain states you might well wind of eating up your whopping 3% savings with the losses from being capped at 10k for state/local and property taxes

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 05:38:42 PM »

here are the tax brackets from the legislation and what the 2018 brackets would have been under the old rules

I just picked the 38k to 82k bracket and the reduction in the tax rate is only 3%

If you itemize and live in certain states you might well wind of eating up your whopping 3% savings with the losses from being capped at 10k for state/local and property taxes

Yea yea, its a cut for the majority of the middle class. It may be a net raise on those in states with high local taxes but its a fairer way of assessing federal taxes. If you want to live in those states fine but you should pay your fair share of federal taxes. Perhaps this will prompt people in those states to finally push back against tax and spend politicians.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 07:57:17 AM »

finally communist liberal politicians are getting exposed for their spending and taxing addiction. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 08:06:00 AM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 08:11:19 AM »
finally communist liberal politicians are getting exposed for their spending and taxing addiction. 

You got that right 33.

People are leaving California and Illinois in droves.

The problem is they bring their selfish, ignorant, communist ways to the redder states they move to.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 08:12:35 AM »
You got that right 33.

People are leaving California and Illinois in droves.

The problem is they bring their selfish, ignorant, communist ways to the redder states they move to.

We in my communist state of NY are losing people in droves too - and awesome enough - we lost another rep in the last census and on track to lose more.   Thats the best possible thing to happen. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 10:44:38 AM »
Yea yea, its a cut for the majority of the middle class. It may be a net raise on those in states with high local taxes but its a fairer way of assessing federal taxes. If you want to live in those states fine but you should pay your fair share of federal taxes. Perhaps this will prompt people in those states to finally push back against tax and spend politicians.

what dropped from what dropped from 25% to 12-13%

btw - yes I agree it's definitely "fairer" and that's just my opinion since it can't actually be proven as a fact but if you'd like to try to prove it that would be great

I'll actually save money

My state income and property tax will be 10k or less (I can modify my writeoffs to make sure this happens) so no loss for me on that write off and my mortgage is already grandfathered in.

I'll most likely set up an LLC this year and save even more money (thanks to Republican last minute gift to Bob Corker and by extension others who have or can create pass through income)

so definitely "more fair" for me at least from my personal perspective

Of course all the personal tax savings is phased after ten years

Is that "fair" too?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 11:59:21 AM »
what dropped from what dropped from 25% to 12-13%

btw - yes I agree it's definitely "fairer" and that's just my opinion since it can't actually be proven as a fact but if you'd like to try to prove it that would be great

I'll actually save money

My state income and property tax will be 10k or less (I can modify my writeoffs to make sure this happens) so no loss for me on that write off and my mortgage is already grandfathered in.

I'll most likely set up an LLC this year and save even more money (thanks to Republican last minute gift to Bob Corker and by extension others who have or can create pass through income)

so definitely "more fair" for me at least from my personal perspective

So why are you complaining, instead of thanking Trump and the GOP?

Of course all the personal tax savings is phased after ten years

Is that "fair" too?

So Trump and the GOP have done such a great thing for you that your only complaint is that this great thing will be phased out in ten years?  

BTW, after ten years these personal tax savings can be extended.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 12:26:35 PM »
So why are you complaining, instead of thanking Trump and the GOP?

So Trump and the GOP have done such a great thing for you that your only complaint is that this great thing will be phased out in ten years?  

BTW, after ten years these personal tax savings can be extended.

why would I thank them adding to the deficit for now reason and giving me a few crumbs of tax breaks which expire while giving huge tax breaks to corporations who don't need them and which don't expire

Any idea why they didn't make the tax breaks to human people (as opposed to corporate people) permanent?

There was a reason.  Do you know what it is?

Also included in this "tax reform" bill is opening up drilling in ANWR

Funny how Bob Corker changed his vote after saying repeatedly he would never vote for a plan that added one penny to the deficit

Then again, six Republicans who were opposed to drilling in ANWR suddenly changed their mind on that too

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/arctic-refuge-drilling-tax-bill_us_5a3960dfe4b0c65287acc76c

weird how that happens

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 12:47:25 PM »
why would I thank them adding to the deficit for now reason and giving me a few crumbs of tax breaks which expire while giving huge tax breaks to corporations who don't need them and which don't expire

Any idea why they didn't make the tax breaks to human people (as opposed to corporate people) permanent?

There was a reason.  Do you know what it is?

Also included in this "tax reform" bill is opening up drilling in ANWR

Funny how Bob Corker changed his vote after saying repeatedly he would never vote for a plan that added one penny to the deficit

Then again, six Republicans who were opposed to drilling in ANWR suddenly changed their mind on that too

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/arctic-refuge-drilling-tax-bill_us_5a3960dfe4b0c65287acc76c

weird how that happens

Amazing how you didn’t hear a peep of criticism from this religious zealot ^^ during the 8 years of Obama spending like a drunken sailor in Tijuana.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »
Amazing how you didn’t hear a peep of criticism from this religious zealot ^^ during the 8 years of Obama spending like a drunken sailor in Tijuana.

LOL - what exactly what "Obama" spending on

The POTUS doesn't control the spending in this country dipshit

Republican controlled Congress for 6 years of his administration

Would you like to see some quotes from Republican in Congress about how they were so concerned about the deficit when Obama was in office and then see how these same people voted on the tax legislation

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »
LOL - what exactly what "Obama" spending on

The POTUS doesn't control the spending in this country dipshit

Republican controlled Congress for 6 years of his administration

Would you like to see some quotes from Republican in Congress about how they were so concerned about the deficit when Obama was in office and then see how these same people voted on the tax legislation

“Republican” controlled didn’t  mean shit then. You keep pointing that out as some kind of “gotcha” moment. They did whatever the Obama agenda called for and continued to do it after Trump was sworn in.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 03:45:01 PM »
“Republican” controlled didn’t  mean shit then. You keep pointing that out as some kind of “gotcha” moment. They did whatever the Obama agenda called for and continued to do it after Trump was sworn in.

I have just about given up on even interacting with the guy.

In his delusional mind he really thought he had a “gotcha” moment with that post.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 03:52:14 PM »
Gotta love straw complaining about the deficit while planning on ways to pay less taxes.

Haha you cant make that hypocrisy up man.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 03:55:20 PM »
Gotta love straw complaining about the deficit while planning on ways to pay less taxes.

:D

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2018, 03:56:42 PM »
I have just about given up on even interacting with the guy.

In his delusional mind he really thought he had a “gotcha” moment with that post.
His new year is going to be much like last years. Not very happy.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2018, 04:52:51 PM »
The only party that cares about the deficit is the one that's not in power.
Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2018, 05:17:36 PM »

Never thought it was a "gotcha"

Just pointing out the fact the the POTUS doesn't control spending

You Trumptards seem to forget basic facts all the time

Now you seem to believe that the Republican congress "did whatever the Obama agenda called for"

In what alternative reality did this Congress exist

The crazy shit you idiots believe is truly mind boggling

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2018, 06:22:45 PM »

Ha ha ha.  Awesome post.   Owned the F out of