Author Topic: Supreme Court backs Christian baker who spurned gay couple  (Read 7709 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Supreme Court backs Christian baker who spurned gay couple
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2018, 04:58:06 PM »
Just more confirmation you're a moron

LOL...typical Straw Man.  Can't post without personal insults.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 05:43:43 PM »
Here is the irony.. Jesus spoke about people who divorced and remarried. He said that if you divorced and remarried. You are committing adultery and the person you marry is committing adultery and adulterers will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Why would a baker be more appalled by something in the old testament that Jesus never speaks of, but ignores an obvious affront to Jesus and God from the New Testament? Jesus' only exception to this was adultery. You could divorce for adultery.

Wrong.  He spoke to one person trying to set him up with a stupid question. 

It's not your place to decide whether something violates someone's conscience. 

Since you are so obsessed with the Bible, which is really weird for an atheist, you should go focus on what the Bible says about judging people. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 05:49:29 PM »
Wrong.  He spoke to one person trying to set him up with a stupid question. 

It's not your place to decide whether something violates someone's conscience. 

Since you are so obsessed with the Bible, which is really weird for an atheist, you should go focus on what the Bible says about judging people. 

You probably are misreading the judging quote anyway.  And I'm not wrong. Read it for yourself.

Sermon on the mount.. in this instance, there were no questions, he did a monologue of rules.

Matthew 5-32  " It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2018, 05:52:59 PM »
You probably are misreading the judging quote anyway.  And I'm not wrong. Read it for yourself.

Sermon on the mount.. in this instance, there were no questions, he did a monologue of rules.

Matthew 5-32  " It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery."

No, I'm not misreading what the Bible says about judging people. 

Yes, I was wrong about there being a question.  I was thinking about the man who asked Him what happens when someone has multiple wives. 

Still a stupid point.   :)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2018, 05:53:32 PM »
No, I'm not misreading what the Bible says about judging people. 

Yes, I was wrong about there being a question.  I was thinking about the man who asked Him what happens when someone has multiple wives. 

Still a stupid point.   :)

If you say so. I will defer to your expertise in the bible.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2018, 05:55:00 PM »
If you say so. I will defer to your expertise in the bible.

You should defer to my common sense.  Never too late to grow as a person.  And maybe studying the Bible in an effort to grow, rather to try and disparage people of faith, will help you grow. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2018, 05:57:07 PM »
You should defer to my common sense.  Never too late to grow as a person.  And maybe studying the Bible in an effort to grow, rather to try and disparage people of faith, will help you grow. 

If that works for you, go for it. For me, when I see Christians being hypocritical, I like to point it out. It's a hobby

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2018, 06:04:36 PM »
If that works for you, go for it. For me, when I see Christians being hypocritical, I like to point it out. It's a hobby

Actually it's just weird.

And I never study a work of fiction based on characters who don't exist so I can argue with and impugn them.  Just weird. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2018, 06:28:29 PM »
Seems Jesus did... maybe Christians should read their book
My statement still stands. Christian or not, divorce is and always will be, more acceptable in society than homosexuality.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2018, 06:56:20 PM »
My statement still stands. Christian or not, divorce is and always will be, more acceptable in society than homosexuality.

I don't know about that.  I've said the gay lobby is the most powerful lobby I've ever seen, given how small the gay population is what they have accomplished in such a short period of time.  We have not only turned the corner as a society on things like gay marriage, etc., people cannot even joke about anything gay.  Any negative or perceived negative comment results in people getting fired.  They are going after pastors and anyone else who has a faith-based belief as bigots engaging in hate speech.  I'm not sure any other minority group gets as much protection at this point.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2018, 07:03:02 PM »
LOL...typical Straw Man.  Can't post without personal insults.

boo hoo

stop getting your panties in a twist Nancy

everyone on this board (including a moderator) attacks me with personal insults all the time

Often their posts are NOTHING but personal insults

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2018, 07:05:47 PM »
Any man who chooses to bake cakes for a living is probably a bit queer

Given that he's a fundie it doubles the odds

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2018, 07:13:53 PM »
I don't know about that.  I've said the gay lobby is the most powerful lobby I've ever seen, given how small the gay population is what they have accomplished in such a short period of time.  We have not only turned the corner as a society on things like gay marriage, etc., people cannot even joke about anything gay.  Any negative or perceived negative comment results in people getting fired.  They are going after pastors and anyone else who has a faith-based belief as bigots engaging in hate speech.  I'm not sure any other minority group gets as much protection at this point.  
I know, but I feel like the political correctness and social acceptance of everything queer being shoved down our throats (I know) is wearing itself out slowly and society as a whole will right itself and trend away from what has become "normal".
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2018, 07:15:34 PM »
I know, but I feel like the political correctness and social acceptance of everything queer being shoved down our throats (I know) is wearing itself out slowly and society as a whole will right itself and trend away from what has become "normal".

I haven't seen evidence of that?  I doubt it happens.  But who knows?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2018, 07:19:57 PM »

It is more acceptable, but it shouldn't be for Christians.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2018, 07:23:43 PM »
It is more acceptable, but it shouldn't be for Christians.

BS. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2018, 07:30:19 PM »
BS.  

Not really., in the Sermon on the mount, Jesus doesn't pull any punches. If you divorce for any reason other than adultery, and you remarry, you are committing adultery. No ifs ands or butts. I can also pull of the section where he says adulterers will NOT go to heaven. So only in Christians minds, mostly those who haven't even read their religious book, they think homosexuality is a worse sin than what probably 60% or better of what the "good" christians are doing. If you want to argue homosexuals will go to a "more worser"  ;) hell than a person who has divorced and remarried for any reason other than adultery, then you aren't very knowledgeable about the bible.  

The reason I know more about the bible is that for 25 or more years I studied it as a believer. I actually read it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2018, 07:45:56 PM »
Here is the irony.. Jesus spoke about people who divorced and remarried. He said that if you divorced and remarried. You are committing adultery and the person you marry is committing adultery and adulterers will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Why would a baker be more appalled by something in the old testament that Jesus never speaks of, but ignores an obvious affront to Jesus and God from the New Testament? Jesus' only exception to this was adultery. You could divorce for adultery.

While this part of scripture is true, acceptions can be made according to scripture that in certain cases divorce is allowed such as hard heart or sexual immorality. A lot Athiests like to use that quote of scripture like you just used as some kind of a "gotcha" when a Christian gets a divorce. I went through it with morons on here when I went through mine and before I divorced I sought out my pastor. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2018, 07:52:00 PM »
While this part of scripture is true, acceptions can be made according to scripture that in certain cases divorce is allowed such as hard heart or sexual immorality. A lot Athiests like to use that quote of scripture like you just used as some kind of a "gotcha" when a Christian gets a divorce. I went through it with morons on here when I went through mine and before I divorced I sought out my pastor. 

Uh...if you read the conversation you will see I listed the exception.  ::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2018, 08:00:39 PM »
Matthew 5-31  

It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Mark 10-2

Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?” 3 “What did Moses command you?” he replied. 4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.” 5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” 10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

Luke 16-8

Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Romans 7`2

For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. 3 So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

Mathew 19-8 speaks of the hard heart coach mistakes as a reason. That was under Moses' law. Jesus changed it with

Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Maybe they weren't the morons you thought they were...  ;)

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2018, 08:04:36 PM »
Not really., in the Sermon on the mount, Jesus doesn't pull any punches. If you divorce for any reason other than adultery, and you remarry, you are committing adultery. No ifs ands or butts. I can also pull of the section where he says adulterers will NOT go to heaven. So only in Christians minds, mostly those who haven't even read their religious book, they think homosexuality is a worse sin than what probably 60% or better of what the "good" christians are doing. If you want to argue homosexuals will go to a "more worser"  ;) hell than a person who has divorced and remarried for any reason other than adultery, then you aren't very knowledgeable about the bible.  

The reason I know more about the bible is that for 25 or more years I studied it as a believer. I actually read it.
You can read something all you want, but if you don't understand it then its kind of pointless. You have shown countless times that you have a very shallow understanding of the Bible. This is just another example.

Yep, you are committing adultery. Not perpetually though, lol. This is why you don't cherry pick and look to other verses where it is clear that the act of remarriage is an act of adultery. They have a duty to repent as with any sin and it is forgiven. An unrepentant adulterer, murderer, etc. wallowing in their sins will clearly not go to heaven.

They aren't "doing" it if they repented. They "did" it. Murderers can go to heaven. Paul was a very, very wicked man before his conversion and killed people. Yet, he repented (turned from his ways) and clearly went to Heaven.

You are essentially claiming that those who ask for forgiveness, repent, and mean it are still bound to Hell because of a past offense. Contrary to the whole of Scripture.

I have no idea what sort of "Christians" you hang out with. They seem very odd.

Basic stuff here for someone who feels the need to brag about knowing about the Bible yet clearly does not.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2018, 08:16:02 PM »
You can read something all you want, but if you don't understand it then its kind of pointless. You have shown countless times that you have a very shallow understanding of the Bible. This is just another example.

Yep, you are committing adultery. Not perpetually though, lol. This is why you don't cherry pick and look to other verses where it is clear that the act of remarriage is an act of adultery. They have a duty to repent as with any sin and it is forgiven. An unrepentant adulterer, murderer, etc. wallowing in their sins will clearly not go to heaven.

They aren't "doing" it if they repented. They "did" it. Murderers can go to heaven. Paul was a very, very wicked man before his conversion and killed people. Yet, he repented (turned from his ways) and clearly went to Heaven.

You are essentially claiming that those who ask for forgiveness, repent, and mean it are still bound to Hell because of a past offense. Contrary to the whole of Scripture.

Basic stuff here for someone who feels the need to brag about knowing about the Bible yet clearly does not.

Thanks for joining the discussion. I'll be happy to address your contention.

I have listed out numerous scriptures, quoting Jesus word for word. Anyone will any intellectual integrity would have to conclude what I stated is correct. Ok, you agree you are committing adultery. Your position is you are just committing adultery on the day you are married? But if you ask forgiveness, then it wipes out every day after that as adultery? Yet a person is homosexual, asks forgiveness for any sins, and they are somehow to be held to a higher standard than the heterosexual. It's a ludicrous argument not supported in scripture. They are essentially committing adultery every time they have sex unless you can supply a mulligan scripture. But be careful, any loophole you produce will likely apply to homosexuals. My point which I have clearly set out for you is the bakery, if they are not going to bake a cake for homosexuals due to their religion, should not bake a cake for anyone who is divorced and remarried unless they are offered proof it was for adultery. That's consistent, but christians tend to be a little hypocritical about sins they are committing. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2018, 10:59:03 PM »

If you studied the Bible for 25 years then you must have a learning disability based on the crap you keep posting.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2018, 11:01:25 PM »

Yes.  Exactly. 

You also have to use common sense.  No, Christians aren't required to stay married and only divorce if there is adultery.  That would mean a battered spouse would be unable to divorce their spouse without sinning.  That's retarded. 

And Agnostic if you actually understand that 25 years of Bible study, you would know that you cannot determine what is in a person's heart and shouldn't be judging people. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2018, 11:23:39 PM »
Yes.  Exactly. 

You also have to use common sense.  No, Christians aren't required to stay married and only divorce if there is adultery.  That would mean a battered spouse would be unable to divorce their spouse without sinning.  That's retarded. 

And Agnostic if you actually understand that 25 years of Bible study, you would know that you cannot determine what is in a person's heart and shouldn't be judging people. 

Ok guys, I see we are going to play the "I feel it should be this way" game rather than the "Scripture says" reality. I know I would be spinning my wheels...

As far as the judging people... would that apply to the Baker as well?