Author Topic: Supreme Court backs Christian baker who spurned gay couple  (Read 7731 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Supreme Court backs Christian baker who spurned gay couple
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2018, 08:44:45 PM »
Don't care about the bible part of this discussion. Simple fact if someone comes into my bakery and I don't want to bake them a fucking cake, I shouldn't be forced to do business with someone I don't want to. And what kind of person would go into an establishment that doesn't want your business and try to force them to do business with you?

A person that believes in an America where people can't discriminate against others based on stupid criteria like color of skin or sexual preference. Just my opinion...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2018, 08:54:00 PM »
If I'm in a service based industry and I decide for any reason not to provide my services, why should I be forced? What about the vendors rights and freedoms?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2018, 08:59:37 PM »
If I'm in a service based industry and I decide for any reason not to provide my services, why should I be forced? What about the vendors rights and freedoms?

When you open a business in America it is assumed and expected by law you won't discriminate. Civil Rights 1964 made that pretty clear. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2018, 09:01:55 PM »
When you open a business in America it is assumed and expected by law you won't discriminate. Civil Rights 1964 made that pretty clear. 

What part of the 64 Civil Rights Act talks about gays and public accommodations?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2018, 09:05:20 PM »
Lets just agree to disagree. Seems the logical thing to do here. This thread confirms my suspicion that no amount of evidence matters to some people.

Your comments confirm that you are disingenuous, have a weird fascination weird with something you don't believe exists, and your 25 years of Bible study didn't teach you much.   

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2018, 10:07:54 PM »
So refusal of service on any grounds is automatically discrimination?

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2018, 10:17:14 PM »
Your comments confirm that you are disingenuous, have a weird fascination weird with something you don't believe exists, and your 25 years of Bible study didn't teach you much.   

and... your inability to say you were wrong is telling.. I gave you multiple scriptures.. you gave me "I don't think thats the way it should be" and then you accuse me of being wrong, without providing anything to support your contention other than.. guess what....your opinion that I'm wrong. Don't worry, lots of Christians who don't know the bible do the same thing. you are no different. While I would love to say "I don't think God would send someone to hell just for not believing Jesus died on the cross etc etc... because honestly, it sounds like an asshole move... thats exactly what the bible says. Christians hate when they are faced with what the bible actually says vs what they thought it said. Do yourself a favor... read it sometime.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2018, 10:18:15 PM »

nope....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2018, 10:28:19 PM »
and... your inability to say you were wrong is telling.. I gave you multiple scriptures.. you gave me "I don't think thats the way it should be" and then you accuse me of being wrong, without providing anything to support your contention other than.. guess what....your opinion that I'm wrong. Don't worry, lots of Christians who don't know the bible do the same thing. you are no different. While I would love to say "I don't think God would send someone to hell just for not believing Jesus died on the cross etc etc... because honestly, it sounds like an asshole move... thats exactly what the bible says. Christians hate when they are faced with what the bible actually says vs what they thought it said. Do yourself a favor... read it sometime.

Unlike you, I don't have a need to be right.  And I have experienced your kind many times.  You are full of crap.  You don't care about the Bible, Jesus, Christianity, etc.  You just want to try and belittle something you don't even believe in. 

You are pretty thick headed so I know you will still not get this, but quoting scriptures doesn't prove anything.  Context is everything.  Common sense is vital.  But drive on with your attempts to try and show how superior you are when it comes to a book that you believe is a fairy tale.  lol

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2018, 10:32:01 PM »
Unlike you, I don't have a need to be right.  And I have experienced your kind many times.  You are full of crap.  You don't care about the Bible, Jesus, Christianity, etc.  You just want to try and belittle something you don't even believe in. 

You are pretty thick headed so I know you will still not get this, but quoting scriptures doesn't prove anything.  Context is everything.  Common sense is vital.  But drive on with your attempts to try and show how superior you are when it comes to a book that you believe is a fairy tale.  lol

Again you offer nothing other than your "I think" when you have a bible you could easily access. So you go in the not worth responding to list.. you have no credibility.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2018, 10:40:52 PM »

What part of the 64 Civil Rights Act talks about Queers and public accommodations?  

Their Shop / Business of course they should be able to turn away / refuse business.
It happens to me & everyone at times - nope not nice just part of life & dealing with
Different people & there opinions & ideals.

A person that believes in an America where people can't discriminate against others based on stupid criteria like color of skin or sexual preference. Just my opinion...

And likes / dislikes of each other based on looks / religion / color / height / weight / queers / faggotts /  hair styles / style of dress / rich / poor etc etc is always going to happen just as it always has.
Absolutely Ridiculous to believe otherwise it’s human nature.

Just look all around the world and you can plainly see it happening everywhere.
Oh but not in enlightened liberal America it can’t.  ::)

Try legislating against Nature.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2018, 10:46:50 PM »
Their Shop / Business of course they should be able to turn away / refuse business.

And likes / dislikes of each other based on looks / religion / color / height / weight / queers / faggotts / trans
 / hair styles / style of dress etc etc is always going to happen just as it always has.
Absolutely Ridiculous to believe otherwise it’s human nature.

Just look all around the world and you can plainly see it happening everywhere.
Oh but not in enlightened liberal America it can’t.  ::)

Try legislating against Nature.

In the 60's in America, Blacks couldn't eat in the same diners, attend the same schools etc of whites. This was rectified with the Civil Rights act of 1964. Of course there are still a minority of Americans who think this is a mistake and they should never have allowed blacks the same rights as whites. But it's the law and I happen to agree with it. I'm weird that way

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2018, 10:52:43 PM »
In the 60's in America, Blacks couldn't eat in the same diners, attend the same schools etc of whites. This was rectified with the Civil Rights act of 1964. Of course there are still a minority of Americans who think this is a mistake and they should never have allowed blacks the same rights as whites. But it's the law and I happen to agree with it. I'm weird that way

Good for you.

I believe in nature & try to see how it works
That includes human nature.
I’m weird that way.

I concede you made a good point ref the treatment of blacks.
I’m talking about individual personal likes and dislikes and We All
Have them Good & Bad.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2018, 10:54:38 PM »
Good for you.

I believe in nature & try to see how it works
That includes human nature.
I’m weird that way.

I concede you made a good point ref the treatment of blacks.
I’m talking about individual personal likes and dislikes and We All
Have them Good & Bad.

True we do...

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2018, 10:55:29 PM »
True we do...

Thank you.
Point Proven.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2018, 10:55:43 PM »
Again you offer nothing other than your "I think" when you have a bible you could easily access. So you go in the not worth responding to list.. you have no credibility.

Stop with the projection.  You have zero credibility.  Your analytical ability on this topic sucks.  Ok.  I'm going to stop repeating myself because you are a knucklehead.  But I'll say for the last time, that quoting a few Bible verses is a simplistic and inaccurate way to try and understand the Bible.  But have fun arguing about something you don't believe exists and pounding your chest over your perceived superiority.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2018, 10:56:32 PM »
Stop with the projection.  You have zero credibility.  Your analytical ability on this topic sucks.  Ok.  I'm going to stop repeating myself because you are a knucklehead.  But I'll say for the last time, that quoting a few Bible verses is a simplistic and inaccurate way to try and understand the Bible.  But have fun arguing about something you don't believe exists and pounding your chest over your perceived superiority.  

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2018, 10:57:43 PM »

What part of the 64 Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination against gay people in public accommodations? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2018, 11:03:26 PM »

Thank you.
Point Proven.

If your point is.. people have bias, racial prejudices, I agree. However, for good reason (in my opinion) those racial prejudices can't be exercised if you are operating a business.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2018, 02:32:33 AM »
If your point is.. people have bias, racial prejudices, I agree. However, for good reason (in my opinion) those racial prejudices can't be exercised if you are operating a business.

That was my point. Thank you.

Also those prejudices will be exercised & are under many different excuses
You not going to force everyone to like everyone else.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2018, 06:10:20 AM »
I've always felt that my first amendment rights include my right to hate anyone for any reason.

I should be allowed to hate if I want to.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2018, 09:38:18 AM »
This isn't large scale discrimination,  this is personal choice.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2018, 09:39:55 AM »

should a black baker be forced to make a cake celebrating the KKK?   Or a muslim saying Mohammed is a pedo? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2018, 10:42:04 AM »
I've always felt that my first amendment rights include my right to hate anyone for any reason.

Well seems you were born 100 years too late

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2018, 02:20:35 PM »

Well seems you were born 100 years too late

No he’s being honest.
I would say we all hate someone or some people - be they white / black / queers / Peadophile’s / muslims etc

Are you saying you honestly don’t hate anyone ?