Author Topic: Twilight Zone Marathon..............  (Read 4935 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Twilight Zone Marathon..............
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2017, 03:39:44 PM »
Watching now.  :)

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2017, 08:37:24 PM »
My favorite was one where this guy was a stressed out executive..car breaks down...starts walking and twilight zone leads him back to his childhood..he sees himself at 11 or 12 years old...that magical time ...the last bit of innocent boyhood...and he tries to go back...wants to see his parents..play baseball..go on the merry go round..he goes to his parents house/his old house and his Dad sees this dude in his 30's...dont know who he is although he looks very familiar...but basically says stay the fuck away from my son creep...finally his dad sees his drivers  license and knows its him...

He says "I don't know how or why you got here Martin...but you had your time...its 11 year olds Martins time now...you have to go back wherever you came from"....

Hit me...as that fucking summer of 12 years old man...soon you just want to get laid and get paid the rest of your life...but that summer when you turn 12....

Very special but very brief....and you can NEVER go back....

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2017, 08:48:32 PM »
My favorite was one where this guy was a stressed out executive..car breaks down...starts walking and twilight zone leads him back to his childhood..he sees himself at 11 or 12 years old...that magical time ...the last bit of innocent boyhood...and he tries to go back...wants to see his parents..play baseball..go on the merry go round..he goes to his parents house/his old house and his Dad sees this dude in his 30's...dont know who he is although he looks very familiar...but basically says stay the fuck away from my son creep...finally his dad sees his drivers  license and knows its him...

He says "I don't know how or why you got here Martin...but you had your time...its 11 year olds Martins time now...you have to go back wherever you came from"....

Hit me...as that fucking summer of 12 years old man...soon you just want to get laid and get paid the rest of your life...but that summer when you turn 12....

Walking Distance, my all time fav episode.  :)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2018, 09:02:00 AM »
My favorite was one where this guy was a stressed out executive..car breaks down...starts walking and twilight zone leads him back to his childhood..he sees himself at 11 or 12 years old...that magical time ...the last bit of innocent boyhood...and he tries to go back...wants to see his parents..play baseball..go on the merry go round..he goes to his parents house/his old house and his Dad sees this dude in his 30's...dont know who he is although he looks very familiar...but basically says stay the fuck away from my son creep...finally his dad sees his drivers  license and knows its him...

Gives me the feels right there!
Q

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2018, 09:09:58 AM »
Gives me the feels right there!

I watched it again.  It takes from there to back again.  Serling was something of a genius, albeit confined to the literary/film world.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2018, 09:46:04 AM »
I watched it again.  It takes from there to back again.  Serling was something of a genius, albeit confined to the literary/film world.

The Back there Twilight Zone-episode? Or The Hobbit?
Q

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2018, 10:21:50 AM »
The Back there Twilight Zone-episode? Or The Hobbit?

The Twilight Zone.   I enjoyed the book, "The Hobbit" but not the ridiculously long Peter Jackoff film(s) treatment. 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2018, 10:47:59 AM »
The Twilight Zone.   I enjoyed the book, "The Hobbit" but not the ridiculously long Peter Jackoff film(s) treatment. 

The Abe Lincoln-episode you mean?
Q

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2018, 12:32:57 PM »
Just starting Walking Distance

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2018, 01:10:58 PM »
Great and clever show.

Rush recorded a song about it for its 1976 masterpiece, 2112, called, suitably, “Twilight Zone”.

I forgot you're Canadian. LoL I used to frequent the trulyhuge.com/chat chat room back in late 90s/early 2000s and there be a fella on there who would talk about something called Rush (for the longest time I had no clue that Rush was even a band and to this day I have no idea who they are lol) and how they made the greatest music of all time or something and then somebody would agree and they'd go on and on about this Rush, and it would just so happen that everybody who talked about Rush in that chat room happened to be Canadian.

anyways... That's all. No real point to this post. Maybe ill YouTube this rush stuff after I make some mac n cheese lol

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2018, 02:29:53 PM »
The Abe Lincoln-episode you mean?

Nope, but that was a cool episode!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2018, 07:21:43 PM »
MARKISON,,YOU WERE RIGHT. KNOW MATTER WHERE 'PEOPLE ARE THE SAME' RODDY MCDOWELL ON A PLANET WHERE HE IS CAGED IN HIS 'HABITAT'

Purge_WTF

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2018, 06:21:55 AM »
 "The Lonely" episode about the prisoner with his robotic companion is one of my favorites. Judging by the headlines, that day isn't too far off.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2018, 07:27:18 AM »
Nope, but that was a cool episode!

But whats the Twilight Zone-Ep you're talking about?

Whats the name of it? What season?

The Abe Linc-Ep was called "Back there".
Q

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2018, 11:15:31 AM »
Seen them all, great show. Outer Limits was also great.

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2018, 11:17:30 AM »

Absolutely. Shows were similar in some ways, but yet so different in others. "One Step Beyond" was another in that genre.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2018, 11:37:00 AM »
Absolutely. Shows were similar in some ways, but yet so different in others. "One Step Beyond" was another in that genre.
Yup, forgot about that one.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2018, 12:07:06 PM »

Also loved this Episode called "Outpost" from the Monsters-series.

Q

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2018, 02:12:26 PM »
I like the Shatner one with the Mystic Seer in the diner (Nick of Time)... Bad-ass... (Yes I have a model Mystic Seer here at my desk) :)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2018, 03:11:18 PM »
I have the TWZ box set,The box set to the original Outer Limits and One Step Beyond as well as The Alfred Hitchcock Hour.

Good stuff!!

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2018, 05:12:55 PM »
But whats the Twilight Zone-Ep you're talking about?

Whats the name of it? What season?

The Abe Linc-Ep was called "Back there".

"Walking Distance" from 1959 (season 1, I think).  One of my favorites because of it's theme.    The Lincoln one is too.  Rod Serling was great.  We don't have people like that these days or if there are any, Hollyweird keeps them out.   Too bad.    I enjoyed "Night Gallery" too and "The Outer Limits". 

Now they have "Game of Thrones" and "The Walking Dead" but they just don't appeal to me.  I've watched some shows like "Lucifer" and "Grimm" and they're okay but not nearly as great as Serling's stuff.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2018, 05:13:35 PM »
I like the Shatner one with the Mystic Seer in the diner (Nick of Time)... Bad-ass... (Yes I have a model Mystic Seer here at my desk) :)

That episode was totally bitchin'!  Cool toy you have there!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2018, 05:41:02 PM »
"Walking Distance" from 1959 (season 1, I think).  One of my favorites because of it's theme.    The Lincoln one is too.  Rod Serling was great.  We don't have people like that these days or if there are any, Hollyweird keeps them out.   Too bad.    I enjoyed "Night Gallery" too and "The Outer Limits". 

Yes, we have been discussing Walking Distance which i said gave me the feels, but then you said "It takes from there to back again."

So is Walking Distance taking from a novel called "There to back again"?

Q

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2018, 06:21:44 PM »
Yes, we have been discussing Walking Distance which i said gave me the feels, but then you said "It takes from there to back again."

So is Walking Distance taking from a novel called "There to back again"?

Not that I know of, but when I said that it takes you from there to back again it was because that is how it makes me feel.  Also, there is a Beach Boys song called "From There To Back Again" that gives me the same kind of feeling.  Good stuff for oldsters such as me.

And of course Tolkien's, "The Hobbit - Or There and Back Again." A masterpiece of a fantasy novella if ever there were one. 

Another great story that would've made a good TZ is 1938"s "Helen O'Loy".  It is excellent and variations on it's theme have been used more than once in literature and film/TV.   "The 9 Billion Names of God" is also very good short story.

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2018, 09:09:19 AM »
Yup, forgot about that one.

"Alfred Hitchcock Presents..." and "Thriller" with Boris Karloff were pretty cool, as well.