Author Topic: 6'1 225 Chris Bumstead vs. 5'9 250 Phil Heath  (Read 3631 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
6'1 225 Chris Bumstead vs. 5'9 250 Phil Heath
« on: December 31, 2017, 10:37:04 AM »

Bumstead weaknesses, biceps and detail in back double biceps
Phil Weaknesses, waistline and gut, and narrow clavicles.

While Bumstead isn't perfect, theres no doubt he's making Phil look unaesthetic, bloated, and tired.
Keep in mind at 6'1 for the 2018 season, Bumstead will be allowed to come in at 230. He has better lines, better conditioning, better waistline and abs.  

This is why Classic will overtake open. It will be no better if Ramy won. If Ramy won, that's really cementing the death of the open class because people will chase him like Ronnie and they will fail and look worse than ever.

Size aint everything.  The open blows. And classic will not be a stepping stool for the open. Classic Physique will stand on its own and overtake the open.

Phil, your gut is fucking atrocious.  You should be ashamed to look like this. I don't give a shit about past Mr. Os. They should be ashamed as well. You, Ronnie, Dorian it doesn't matter, if you look like shit because of your gut, you shouldn't win. Your front bubble biceps sickens me.

#weekendwarrior

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: 6'1 225 Chris Bumstead vs. 5'9 250 Phil Heath
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 10:58:49 AM »
Bumstead has the far more appealing body.

NO HOMO

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 11:21:43 AM »
Bumstead looks like a god next to Pill Heath, who looks like the michelinman/doughboy.
Q

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 12:54:40 PM »

While Bumstead isn't perfect, theres no doubt he's making Phil look unaesthetic, bloated, and tired.
Keep in mind at 6'1 for the 2018 season, Bumstead will be allowed to come in at 230. He has better lines, better conditioning, better waistline and abs.  

This is why Classic will overtake open. It will be no better if Ramy won. If Ramy won, that's really cementing the death of the open class because people will chase him like Ronnie and they will fail and look worse than ever.

Size aint everything.  The open blows. And classic will not be a stepping stool for the open. Classic Physique will stand on its own and overtake the open.

In this vid, Bumstead is in great shape, but if your numbers are correct then he has 5 lbs of room to make improvements.

At the classic physique olympis,  he came in second to a guy who is maybe 5'5".  An argument could be made that Breon and even Danny Hester are more aesthetic than Phil, but by bodybuilding standards, they don't compare favorably to Phil or most other top open competitors. I think you chose Bumstead as a representation of how superior classic is because of his height, but like you said, size ain't everything. I posted a vid of his olympia posing routine below and he's not nearly as impressive in motion. He definitely has a great physique,  but he'd likely disappear in an open line up. He's like that german bodybuilder whose last name begins with m. He looks much better on his own and in pictures. Still good in contests when compared to others, but not nearly as surreal. If you think open class is just shit and prefer the look of classic, then that's one thing, but if you are objectively comparing the classes by bodybuilding standards, it's not as cut and dried.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 01:05:19 PM »
Neither of them is Zane or Arnold.  Or  Reeves and Oliva.  I agree it's a step in the right directions so long as they don't step in it, if you will.  But at least they're trying and something is being done to change course and if Wiggs is correct and this outpaces the SchmOelympia?  Great!  If aesthetics over assthetics happens, I am all for it.  If GH and Insulin are out of the picture and the race for the grave (often called the "Road to the ________") ends, then again, I am all for that.

That said, I think it's time to ban the fake tan.  This crap is applied so liberally to these people that they look like shit dipped in diarrhea.  Even Phildo, who is black, appears to use that stuff.  Why?  It looks disgustingly hideous.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 01:34:12 PM »
06-09 Phil would be more aesthetic than Bumstead.
Phil ruined his lines. Wiggs is right.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 02:07:01 PM »
Neither of them is Zane or Arnold.  Or  Reeves and Oliva. 

No, one of them is Chris Bumstead, and the other is Phil Heath.
Q

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 02:12:48 PM »
No, one of them is Chris Bumstead, and the other is Phil Heath.
Neither are Lee Priest
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 03:26:50 PM »
if this version of mike mentzer showed up on the classic physique stage he would mop the floor with bumstead and breon

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 03:27:56 PM »
Neither are Lee Priest

Jay Cutler on the right.
Q

QuietYou

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2017, 03:56:21 PM »

Phil, your gut is fucking atrocious.  You should be ashamed to look like this. I don't give a shit about past Mr. Os. They should be ashamed as well. You, Ronnie, Dorian it doesn't matter, if you look like shit because of your gut, you shouldn't win. Your front bubble biceps sickens me.

#weekendwarrior

Do this with virtually any competitor in that class who is competitive and they'll make phil look just as unappealing. But get real, Phil would destroy him if they were both on stage together in a bodybuilding competition with no weight classes. Phil is much bigger everywhere. Even if you gave Bumstead abs and thighs which wouldn't happen because Phil's quads are twice as big, he would still lose. Not saying i wouldn't rather look like him than phil on stage, but get real with the bodybuilding.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2017, 05:24:44 PM »
Beavis and Bumhead...

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 05:34:57 PM »
Beavis and Bumhead...

Heathis and Bumhead :D
Q

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 05:46:10 PM »
Chris “don’t fuck me in the pussy” fuck me in the “Bumstead”

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 06:07:48 PM »
if this version of mike mentzer showed up on the classic physique stage he would mop the floor with bumstead and breon

Mentzer wouldn’t have been considered “classic” even now. He was 5’8-9 at 225.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 06:38:03 PM »
Bumstead and  Breon are overrated

This is what a classic physique should look like

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2018, 06:47:13 AM »
Bumstead and  Breon are overrated

This is what a classic physique should look like

Brian Buchanan
Charlie Clairmonte

Both would destroy Bumstead also.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2018, 06:00:08 PM »
I just wish that they would stop with the spandex trunks and at least go to a fuller cut basic posing trunk or regular ppsing trunk. At least like what Arnold used to wear. But why cant they just allow a regular posing trunk. Its as if each class needs a specific look of trunk due to Physique using board shorts.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2018, 06:15:58 PM »
Jay Cutler on the right.

Yes, next to Samuel L. Freeman-Washington.