Author Topic: The Nation Laughing At Oregonians About Pumping Their Own Gas  (Read 1252 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: The Nation Laughing At Oregonians About Pumping Their Own Gas
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 04:50:14 PM »
This was a great read. The idea that I would have to wait for someone to pump my gas seems crazy.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »
Aside from a fatso governor and crazy gun laws, New Jersey still doesn't allow self-serve gas and even though there have been attempts to change this, here's what State Senate President Stephen Sweeney (D) said a few years ago:

"I continue to support the full service requirement for New Jersey's gas stations and I will oppose any attempt to rescind the law that has effectively served the best interests of the state's motorists for decades. As long as I am Senate President, the ban on self-serve will stay in place."

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 05:07:26 PM »
oregon contains the filthy, perverted piece of shit prime muscle and his repulsive, most foul and aesthetically offensive offspring.... therefore oregon should be incinerated.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 05:49:39 PM »
Many Oregonian's have either traveled, or lived in another state, so they've pumped gas before.  The law had nothing to do with people's ability to pump gas.  It was a wrong minded way of creating jobs.  

All stations in New Jersey and Oregon in the United States offer only full service and "mini service". In these states, attendants are required to pump gasoline because customers are barred by statutes from doing it themselves. New Jersey banned self-service gasoline in 1949 after lobbying by service station owners and Oregon did the same in 1951. Proponents of the ban cite safety and jobs as reasons to keep the ban.

However, In Oregon a law passed by the Legislature in May 2017 and signed into law by Gov. Kate Brown in June will allow Oregon counties with 40,000 residents or less to deviate and allow for customers to pump their own fuel. The new law went to effect January 1, 2018.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filling_station_attendant#Current_status

Sounds like it's only legal in counties with less than 40,000 residents.

It's nice to see New Jersey and Oregon are unwilling to change laws that were passed in the forties.  Talk about progressive.  I've lived in Oregon and I still don't understand it.  Marijuana is legal, but pumping your own gas isn't.   ???

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 07:41:00 PM »
True you can't pump your own gas in Jersey but at least it's full of sluts.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 08:07:18 AM »
I can't even recall the last time an attendant pumped my gas. Or, for that matter, seen an attendant pump someone else's gas. I just assumed it didn't really exist any more.  ??? ??? ???
X

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 08:34:34 AM »
Never pumped my own in Mexico. Always some dude there who you're not sure even works for the gas station there taking your money to pump gas and you're never sure how much gas you're gonna get for your money... Always gave'em a few pesos.for doing it though

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 11:02:05 AM »
I went to Maryland for a funeral and they had someone come out to do it. Made me think of Andy Griffith. My first thought was what a terrible waste of money to have someone do that. Very small gas station that already had an employee running it inside.