Author Topic: President Donald Trump's medical exam 'went exceptionally well,' doctor says  (Read 7145 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Not bad.

President Donald Trump's medical exam 'went exceptionally well,' doctor says
President Trump received his first-ever medical exam as president on Friday.
The doctor in charge of the exam said it "went exceptionally well."
The White House physician who supervised the exam will brief reporters about its findings on Tuesday.
Dan Mangan   | @_DanMangan
CNBC.com

President Donald Trump gives a thumbs up as he walks to board Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, DC on Monday, Dec. 04, 2017.
President Donald Trump on Friday received his annual medical checkup, his first ever while serving as commander in chief.

The doctor in charge of the exam said it "went exceptionally well," although he did not divulge any further details.

Trump's checkup, conducted by Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, did not include a psychiatric exam, despite recent questions being raised about his mental faculties.

He walked out of the hospital Friday afternoon. Trump on Thursday had said he expected his exam would "go very well."

"I'll be very surprised if it doesn't," said the 71-year-old Trump, who last January became the oldest person ever to take office as president.

"It better go well. Otherwise the stock market will not be happy."

Trump's exam took place under the supervision of Dr. Ronny Jackson, the White House physician.

Jackson, who presided over President Barack Obama's last physical in office in 2016, issued a brief statement on the physical Friday evening.

"The President's physical exam today at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center went exceptionally well. The President is in excellent health and I look forward to briefing some of the details on Tuesday," Jackson said.

On Tuesday, Jackson plans to take questions from reporters at the White House about the exam.

Trump's personal physician, Dr. Harold Bornstein, in December 2015 had issued a letter about the then-presidential candidate's health.

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency," Bornstein wrote.

In September 2016, Bornstein issued another letter that said Trump was 6-foot-3-inches tall and weighed 236 pounds. Tests for cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar and other readings "are all well within the normal range," Bornstein wrote.

He said Trump, who does not use alcohol or tobacco, takes medication to control his cholesterol and also takes a low-dose aspirin daily.

"Mr. Trump is in excellent health," the doctor wrote.

Bornstein's confidence aside, there have been questions raised about both Trump's diet and his mental health.

The president has a well-known penchant for fast food and an aversion to exercise. In their new book "Let Trump Be Trump," former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski and ex-campaign aide David Bossie wrote that "Trump's appetite seems to know no bounds when it comes to McDonald's."

The duo wrote that a typical dinner for the billionaire real-estate mogul was "two Big Macs, two Fillet-O-Fish and a chocolate" shake. That dinner contains 2,430 calories.

On Trump's jet during the campaign, "There were four major food groups: McDonald's, Kentucky Fried Chicken, pizza and Diet Coke," Lewandowski and Bossie wrote. The New York Times has reported that Trump drinks 12 Diet Cokes daily.

While Bornstein wrote in late 2015 that Trump had recently lost "at least 15 pounds," the president appears to have put on weight while in office.

Last year, during a visit with world leaders in Sicily, Italy, Trump opted not to walk with them a length of about two football fields for a group photo, but instead waited for a golf cart to take him the short distance.

Last week, another new book, Michael Wolff's "Fire and Fury," raised questions about Trump's mental competency. Wolff told NBC News that Trump has had an increasing tendency to repeat the same stories within a short amount of time.

He also said that the question of whether to invoke the Constitution's 25th Amendment, which allows for a president to be removed from office if he is deemed "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office," is frequently discussed in the White House.

Trump administration officials blasted Wolff's claims, and the president's lawyer demanded, unsuccessfully, that the book not be published.

Trump himself used Twitter to lash out against Wolff and specifically compared himself to Ronald Reagan, who was the target of claims that his mental capacity diminished in office. Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease after leaving the White House.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Michael Wolff is a total loser who made up stories in order to sell this really boring and untruthful book. He used Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad! https://twitter.com/gop/status/949395088735723520
6:32 PM - Jan 5, 2018
 52,611 52,611 Replies   24,188 24,188 Retweets   89,212 89,212 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
I’ve had to put up with the Fake News from the first day I announced that I would be running for President. Now I have to put up with a Fake Book, written by a totally discredited author. Ronald Reagan had the same problem and handled it well. So will I!
4:40 AM - Jan 7, 2018
 51,407 51,407 Replies   31,529 31,529 Retweets   152,871 152,871 likes

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Now that Russian collusion, after one year of intense study, has proven to be a total hoax on the American public, the Democrats and their lapdogs, the Fake News Mainstream Media, are taking out the old Ronald Reagan playbook and screaming mental stability and intelligence.....
2:19 AM - Jan 6, 2018
 38,211 38,211 Replies   35,308 35,308 Retweets   148,542 148,542 likes

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.....
2:27 AM - Jan 6, 2018
 65,968 65,968 Replies   36,833 36,833 Retweets   134,805 134,805 likes

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
....to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!
2:30 AM - Jan 6, 2018
 104,463 104,463 Replies   34,688 34,688 Retweets   142,751 142,751 likes

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/12/president-donald-trump-finishes-undergoing-medical-exam.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I wonder if they gave that fat fuck a treadmill stress test

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency," Bornstein wrote.   :)

I never get those doctors, I get the ones that constantly tell me to drop 20 lbs if I want to see 60, but Trump is in awesome shape...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Trump doctor says he did well on cognitive exam

Associated Press January 16, 2018

White House physician Dr. Ronny Jackson spoke to reporters during the daily press briefing, today, in the Brady press briefing room at the White House, in Washington.

WASHINGTON >> The Latest on President Donald Trump’s health (all times local):

4:20 p.m.

President Donald Trump asked that a cognitive test be included as part of his first physical exam.

ADVERTISING

Trump’s physician — Navy doctor Ronny Jackson — says the president achieved a perfect score on the test, which was included in last Friday’s medical checkup.

Jackson says Trump’s 30 out of 30 score means there’s no indication that Trump has any cognitive issues.

The doctor speculates that Trump requested the exam in an attempt to beat back the narrative of the past few weeks that he is mentally unfit for office.

Jackson describes Trump as “very sharp” and “very articulate when he speaks to me.”

The doctor says he’s found “no reason whatsoever” to think the president has any issues with his thought process.

4:15 p.m.

President Donald Trump performed “exceedingly well” on cognitive screening during his recent physical examination.

That’s according to his White House physician, navy doctor Ronny Jackson.

The doctor says he had “absolutely no concerns” about the 71-year-old president’s cognitive abilities, but performed the screening because Trump asked him to do it.

Jackson says Trump’s overall health “is excellent.” Jackson is providing a more detailed readout today following Trump’s first physical last Friday at the Walter Reed military hospital.

4:10 p.m.

President Donald Trump’s doctor says he’s confident that Trump has a “very strong and a very probable possibility” of completing his presidency “with no medical issues.”

Navy doctor Ronny Jackson says his assessment is based on Trump’s cardiac assessment.

Trump had his first physical last Friday. Jackson says Trump’s heart exam was normal, with regular rhythm and no abnormal sounds.

Trump also has no heart disease and no family history of it.

Jackson says that based on the clinical information he has on Trump and his year of observing the president, “I feel very confident that he has a very strong and a very probable possibility of making it completely through his presidency with no medical issues.”

Trump took office at age 70, making him the oldest incoming U.S. president.

4 p.m.

President Donald Trump’s overall health “is excellent” and he did “exceedingly well” on cognitive screening.

That’s according to his White House physician, Navy doctor Ronny Jackson.

Jackson is providing a more detailed readout today following Trump’s first physical last Friday at the Walter Reed military hospital.

Jackson reports that the 6-foot-3 president weighed in at 239 pounds — three pounds heavier than he was in September 2016.

Trump’s blood pressure was 122 over 74, and his total cholesterol was 223, which is higher than recommended.

Trump was 70 when he took office, making him the oldest person ever elected to the nation’s highest office.

Jackson says Trump is healthy and should remain so for the remainder of his presidency.

7:30 a.m.

A fuller readout of President Donald Trump’s health following his first medical check-up is expected later today.

Trump’s White House physician – Navy doctor Ronny Jackson – declared Trump to be in “excellent health” following last Friday’s exam at the Walter Reed military hospital in Maryland.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Jackson will attend her briefing today to provide a more complete readout on Trump’s physical health.

Not expected are any conclusions about Trump’s mental acuity. Questions about Trump’s mental fitness have been raised following comments attributed to some of his close advisers in a new book, and his recent slurring of words on national TV.

Presidents aren’t required to get a checkup, but modern presidents do so regularly and release a doctor’s report on the findings.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/01/16/breaking-news/trump-doctor-says-he-did-well-on-cognitive-exam/

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie

Funny

I said the same thing about your mother
a

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Trump 122/75

MSM 300/220

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
So now that the Russian angle and the mental illness angle have gone down the toilet, look for the mainstream media to play up the racist angle hard.

The mental illness narrative is particularly funny considering the people making the accusations obsess about Trump 24/7.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
So now that the Russian angle and the mental illness angle have gone down the toilet, look for the mainstream media to play up the racist angle hard.

The mental illness narrative is particularly funny considering the people making the accusations obsess about Trump 24/7.

It was Russia, white supremacist, mental illness, 25th Amendment, sexual assault/harassment, back to white supremacist.  Will be something new next week.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Funny

I said the same thing about your mother

You must be thinking about your own obese mother

My mother has Parkinson's and uses a walker and weighs about 110 pounds so nobody would be stupid enough (other than you) to suggest putting her on a treadmill

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
You must be thinking about your own obese mother

My mother has Parkinson's and uses a walker and weighs about 110 pounds so nobody would be stupid enough (other than you) to suggest putting her on a treadmill

I still suggest we put her on a treadmill.
a

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
"The doctor speculates that Trump requested the exam in an attempt to beat back the narrative of the past few weeks that he is mentally unfit for office."

Scoring perfect on a measure of cognitive assessment does not indicate that one does not have a mental illness. It just indicates that one's cognitive capacities (language, memory, orientation, etc) are intact.

One can do perfectly fine on a test of cognitive assessment and still suffer from an emotional or personality issue, thus meeting criteria for a mental health disorder.

There are different types of assessments: social/personality assessment, cognitive assessment, neuropsychological assessment, behavioral assessment, etc. Just because one scores perfect in one area of assessment, does not preclude that a mental illness is not present.

I am not saying that Trump is mentally ill or unfit to be president. However, people, not myself, are referring to Trump being emotionally unfit or having a personality warp, which, according to them, makes him unfit to be president. These dimensions (personality and emotionality) are not measured by cognitive assessments.

His Cognitive Assessment likely include tests of language, orientation, memory, visual-spatial, processing speed, fluid reasoning, etc.
X

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
"The doctor speculates that Trump requested the exam in an attempt to beat back the narrative of the past few weeks that he is mentally unfit for office."

Scoring perfect on a measure of cognitive assessment does not indicate that one does not have a mental illness.

One can do perfectly fine on a test of cognitive assessment and still suffer from an emotional or personality issue, thus meeting criteria for a mental health disorder.

There are different types of assessments: social/personality assessment, cognitive assessment, neuropsychological assessment, behavioral assessment, etc. Just because one scores perfect in one area of assessment, does not preclude that a mental illness is not present.

I am not saying that Trump is mentally ill or unfit to be president. However, people, not myself, are referring to Trump being emotionally unfit or having a personality warp, which, according to them, makes him unfit to be president. These dimensions (personality and emotionality) are not measured by cognitive assessments.

His Cognitive Assessment likely include tests of language, orientation, memory, visual-spatial, processing speed, fluid reasoning, etc.

They are claiming he is mentally ill, has dementia, etc.

JOE SCARBOROUGH CLAIMS SOURCES SAY TRUMP HAS 'EARLY SIGNS OF DEMENTIA.' WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

BY JOSEPH FRANKEL ON 1/8/18

On Thursday morning’s episode of Morning Joe, MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough claimed that the Washington Post edited out a line from his opinion column claiming that a source had told him President Donald Trump has displayed “early signs of dementia,” multiple outlets reported. 

“I’ve written twice in my column a quote about one of — the people closest to Donald Trump during the campaign saying he’s got early stage dementia,” Scarborough said, according to Mediaite. “And it's getting worse and not a single person who works for him doesn’t know he has early signs of dementia.” Neither the Washington Post nor Scarborough could be reached for comment by the time of publication.

. . . .

http://www.newsweek.com/joe-scaroborough-claims-sources-say-trump-has-early-signs-dementia-what-does-774057

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
They are claiming he is mentally ill, has dementia, etc.

JOE SCARBOROUGH CLAIMS SOURCES SAY TRUMP HAS 'EARLY SIGNS OF DEMENTIA.' WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

BY JOSEPH FRANKEL ON 1/8/18

On Thursday morning’s episode of Morning Joe, MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough claimed that the Washington Post edited out a line from his opinion column claiming that a source had told him President Donald Trump has displayed “early signs of dementia,” multiple outlets reported.  

“I’ve written twice in my column a quote about one of — the people closest to Donald Trump during the campaign saying he’s got early stage dementia,” Scarborough said, according to Mediaite. “And it's getting worse and not a single person who works for him doesn’t know he has early signs of dementia.” Neither the Washington Post nor Scarborough could be reached for comment by the time of publication.

. . . .

http://www.newsweek.com/joe-scaroborough-claims-sources-say-trump-has-early-signs-dementia-what-does-774057

From what I have read, people have been complaining more about his emotionality and personality, all of which are not measured by a cognitive assessment. I really have not heard speculations about possible dementia. But, I guess people are also saying that now lol. Man, it just never ends lol.

I wonder what type of cognitive assessment they administered to Trump.
X

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
From what I have read, people have been complaining more about his emotionality and personality, all of which are not measured by a cognitive assessment. I really have not heard speculations about possible dementia. But, I guess people are also saying that now lol. Man, it just never ends lol.

I wonder what type of cognitive assessment they administered to Trump.

Bruh, you are responding to a specific quote from Scarborough claiming Trump has "early stage dementia." 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Bruh, you are responding to a specific quote from Scarborough claiming Trump has "early stage dementia."  

Hence, why I later said, "But, I guess people are also saying that now lol. Man, it just never ends lol."
X

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Hence, why I later said, "But, I guess people are also saying that now lol. Man, it just never ends lol."

And I skimmed right over that.  lol.  Sorry.   :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

Did they give the skinnyfat halfbreed one?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I still suggest we put her on a treadmill.

She lives in Plano so if you ever leave that shithole town you live in you're welcome to drive there are give her your idiotic advice

She's never met a Trumptard in real life so I'm sure she enjoy mocking you

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

no idea but I'd get a laugh out of watching Trump and Obama do the 100 yard dash

regardless of how much you love Trump you know that would be hilarious to watch that fat fuck try to run

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Trump 122/75

MSM 300/220

They’re gonna take him down on the 25th Amendment!  ;D :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

You mean the one that smokes and was an admitted drug addict?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You mean the one that smokes and was an admitted drug addict?

LOL - just like you

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
The thing with him chugalugging all day on Aspertame (what kind of a brand name is that) caused concern about potential brain damage.  It's been known to create holes where you least need them.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Dr. Feelgood must be the oldest man alive, and longest running holder of a medical license.  He's seen every president and is aware of all medical conditions they had.  Really quite amazing when you think about it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
LOL - just like you

I wasn’t a “President” and have been clean more than half of his life. Unlike your continuous drunk postings