Author Topic: Tom Prince - 3 Videos + Interview. Is Heavier always better?  (Read 1712 times)

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
Tom Prince - 3 Videos + Interview. Is Heavier always better?
« on: January 15, 2018, 02:25:37 PM »
It's not always the case but so many times we hear, "That bodybuilder looked better when they turned pro." A person's frame can only hold so much muscle before it starts to distort in some way. This is not a diss on Tom but the mind set that weight gain equals improvement. Seeing Tom as an amateur
makes me think with a slow build with refinement; he could have made a very good pro.
As far as the over the counter pain killers, my old roomate almost went into kidney failure
taking way to many ibuprofen a day. He got off & lost 35 pounds of water in 2-3 days. His calves were so swollen it was ripping the skin and he had droplets of blood running from his knee to his ankle & his face looked like a watermelon. We had different schedules so I just saw this guy usually in good shape to a bloated person that looked overweight in just a few days.
Any views or likes are much appreciated! KC
Go Full Screen here on GetBig & you will stay on this page.
Total Time only 6:34

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: Tom Prince - 3 Videos + Interview. Is Heavier always better?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 03:24:35 PM »
Great hamstrings

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:59:08 PM »
Had one of the best side-triceps and side-chests ever in that 01 NOC. Forget who won that year but I remember thinking he could be won, or at least beat dex.

N€C was always my favorite. Contest. Always had the freaks at their best. Dillet in 99 (saw him at 9 wks out at 305/310 and the freakiest bber I've ever seen. Posted pics of him on the UG board back then), Orville. Ruhl. Pack Bautistas debut in 02. Pavol always good like a freak and should be beat victor. Ronnie breakout "wtf is that?" Showing. & one of flexs best showings in 96? Was disappointed with Cormier, Melvin, victors, and cutlers wins though.

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 08:33:37 PM »
Had one of the best side-triceps and side-chests ever in that 01 NOC. Forget who won that year but I remember thinking he could be won, or at least beat dex.

N€C was always my favorite. Contest. Always had the freaks at their best. Dillet in 99 (saw him at 9 wks out at 305/310 and the freakiest bber I've ever seen. Posted pics of him on the UG board back then), Orville. Ruhl. Pack Bautistas debut in 02. Pavol always good like a freak and should be beat victor. Ronnie breakout "wtf is that?" Showing. & one of flexs best showings in 96? Was disappointed with Cormier, Melvin, victors, and cutlers wins though.
Coleman hit some amazing Front Lat Spreads at that 98 NOC & as time went on
it's like he forgot how to hit it properly. It could have been a great pose for him
had he been consistent with it.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 08:35:19 PM »
Coleman hit some amazing Front Lat Spreads at that 98 NOC & as time went on
it's like he forgot how to hit it properly. It could have been a great pose for him
had he been consistent with it.

Scar tissue and adhesions

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 12:21:31 AM »
Scar tissue and adhesions

I know you know a lot about the more technical parts of bodybuilding
but like in the 1999 Olympia Prejudging he choked it by rolling his shoulders too
far forward & then later in the finals posing against Chris & Flex he nails it,
There are some really bad ones from the 2001 Olympia. Are you referring to
as he got bigger & the things he did to get bigger made it hard for him to hit the
pose correctly because of scar tissue & adhesions?

1999 Prejudging  (Horrible) & then finals. (Really Good)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 01:43:49 AM »
I know you know a lot about the more technical parts of bodybuilding
but like in the 1999 Olympia Prejudging he choked it by rolling his shoulders too
far forward & then later in the finals posing against Chris & Flex he nails it,
There are some really bad ones from the 2001 Olympia. Are you referring to
as he got bigger & the things he did to get bigger made it hard for him to hit the
pose correctly because of scar tissue & adhesions?

1999 Prejudging  (Horrible) & then finals. (Really Good)

Prejudging he may have been rolling them forward so the judges, who sit lower, can see it. (Like you can see where Ronnie is looking in the rolled shoulder pose) Hence why you gotta lean back and rotate your forearms back past 90° when hitting a back dbol biceps(else the judges can't even see the biceps), Nd when hitting a front dbl bicep they'll angle the biceps/upperarms down the other way towards the judges, sometimes blowing the air out and contrscting the abs (whereas the rear dbol bi is with an expanded ribcage).. Night show is more for the fans and the angle of the poses may change and fans get better angles.

Usually when hitting a rear lat spread guys will roll the shoulders forward. You can see this in the "behind the scenes" pics from photos onstage and behind the lineup at shows.

And yea, scar tissue and adhesions build-up over the years between muscle groups, within muscles, at attachments,
in joints etc (especially with Ronnie's training Style) and your Mobility and ability to hit poses is affected.. Combined with just the increase in size.

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 07:30:43 AM »
Prejudging he may have been rolling them forward so the judges, who sit lower, can see it. (Like you can see where Ronnie is looking in the rolled shoulder pose) Hence why you gotta lean back and rotate your forearms back past 90° when hitting a back dbol biceps(else the judges can't even see the biceps), Nd when hitting a front dbl bicep they'll angle the biceps/upperarms down the other way towards the judges, sometimes blowing the air out and contrscting the abs (whereas the rear dbol bi is with an expanded ribcage).. Night show is more for the fans and the angle of the poses may change and fans get better angles.

Usually when hitting a rear lat spread guys will roll the shoulders forward. You can see this in the "behind the scenes" pics from photos onstage and behind the lineup at shows.

And yea, scar tissue and adhesions build-up over the years between muscle groups, within muscles, at attachments,
in joints etc (especially with Ronnie's training Style) and your Mobility and ability to hit poses is affected.. Combined with just the increase in size.

Thx for taking the time to answer & the input. I appreciate it!

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 09:03:26 AM »
PRINCE 2001 NOC

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 11:59:50 AM »
Cant have a Tom Prince thread without this.