Author Topic: Economists Reveal Which President They Credit For U.S. Economic Growth, Stock Ma  (Read 3701 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dont-credit-donald-trump-for-this-stock-market-surge-2016-11-10

here is a fun exercise... plug in "Stock market last 3 years" into a search engine.. you will be shocked to see it on an uphill trend

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dont-credit-donald-trump-for-this-stock-market-surge-2016-11-10

here is a fun exercise... plug in "Stock market last 3 years" into a search engine.. you will be shocked to see it on an uphill trend

Lol... of course they don’t, they wouldn’t admit it if he did, 😂

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Lol... of course they don’t, they wouldn’t admit it if he did, 😂

no seriously, look at a chart over the last 4, 3 or 2 years.,, let me know what you find 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
no seriously, look at a chart over the last 4, 3 or 2 years.,, let me know what you find 

I love that the market went up.. I'm making money. But I made a shit load when Obama was president as well.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
I love that the market went up.. I'm making money. But I made a shit load when Obama was president as well.

It just took 7 years. Slowest growth in history

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Not for me, I almost doubled my money in 18 months, but I was playing the market

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look

there was a global financial crash that you may have missed....pretty much the entire developed world saw slow growth over the same period. why do you think interest rates have been near zero for the last decade or so?

you really are dumber than a box of rocks . you have absolutely zero knowledge about everything you talk about . "republicans are great , democrats are the devil"

thick as sht

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

save your energy

phony coach is the same dipshit who thought the jobs numbers were bogus until the day Trumptard was sworn in and then suddenly they were valid

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
save your energy

phony coach is the same dipshit who thought the jobs numbers were bogus until the day Trumptard was sworn in and then suddenly they were valid

Yeah... you have a point. It's not like he would look at a graph, see the steady trend up and concede that what Trump can take credit for, is he didn't mess up what was already occurring.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
save your energy

Easy cupcake, you’re losing bad on this Presidency and I’m fucking loving the leftist excuses 😂😂😂

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Easy cupcake, you’re losing bad on this Presidency and I’m fucking loving the leftist excuses 😂😂😂

LOL - how am I "losing bad"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
LOL - how am I "losing bad"

Everyday Trump is in office winning is another day of your libtard misery...I like that.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Last three years?  Okay.  See image below.  You have to admit in the past three years the S&P 500 gains seemed unimpressive toward the end of Obama's term in office, but they really took off right after Trump's victory on 11/08/2016 and haven't slowed down since.

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/%5EGSPC

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

I should have been specific. Dow Jones Industrial avg although that shows the upward trend as well

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

I should have been specific. Dow Jones Industrial avg although that shows the upward trend as well

What's with all the blank space?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
no idea  :(

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

That actually makes it look even better for Trump, not very impressive until his victory on 11/08/2016, then it really took off and hasn't slowed down since.  See attached image below.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
What's with all the blank space?

It’s an X-ray if the liberal brain

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
That actually makes it look even better for Trump, not very impressive until his victory on 11/08/2016, then it really took off and hasn't slowed down since.  See attached image below.

From about JAN 2016 the market recovered and was heading up. I give Trump kudos for not messing it up.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I don't think the POTUS typically has a direct impact on the market, but we cannot ignore the historic gains the past year.  They come with the spike in consumer confidence, increased labor participation rate, businesses bringing back and/or keeping jobs in the U.S., slashing of the corporate tax rate, etc.  I give Trump credit for that, at least in part.  Put another way, I seriously doubt the market would be doing as well if Clinton were elected. 

There is going to be a correction at some point though. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

really started "taking off" in March of 2009

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Everyday Trump is in office winning is another day of your libtard misery...I like that.

I'm pretty happy most of the time.  Live in a great area, make good money, workouts are going great,etc.. so not having any personal negative effect on my life.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I'm pretty happy most of the time.  Live in a great area, make good money, workouts are going great,etc.. so not having any personal negative effect on my life.

If you are invested in the market - you should be happy as a pig in shit like the rest of us mature, well adjusted, solid, responsible adults.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
really started "taking off" in March of 2009

And that's because of the recession nine years ago.  Historically, every recession is followed by a recovery.

Agnostic007's fun exercise said to look back three years, which actually shows the stock market's uphill trend has been significantly more steep continuously since Trump's victory a little over a year ago.