Author Topic: Economists Reveal Which President They Credit For U.S. Economic Growth, Stock Ma  (Read 3696 times)

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
And that's because of the recession nine years ago.  Historically, every recession is followed by a recovery.

Agnostic007's fun exercise said to look back three years, which actually shows the stock market's uphill trend is significantly more steep continuously since Trump's victory a little over a year ago.

under obama you had pretty much 7 (or whatever) years of unbroken economic growth. since the global crash (if my memory serves me correctly) US growth figures on average have been slightly better than the rest of the industrialised world.

the general consensus (globally) is that the obama administration did a pretty good job steadying the ship and nursing the US economy along following the crash. it's too soon to start praising trump for what is happening economically as most of it will still be the hangover from the previous government.

things are still way from being back to normal all around the globe. growth is still pretty fragile everywhere in the developed world. that's why we still have interest rates stuck just above zero %.

probably doesn't fit in with the nonsensical partisan claptrap spouted on here. but those are the facts.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
And that's because of the recession nine years ago.  Historically, every recession is followed by a recovery.

Agnostic007's fun exercise said to look back three years, which actually shows the stock market's uphill trend has been significantly more steep continuously since Trump's victory a little over a year ago.

And remember once gayfagshitholebama lost the house and senate to the GOP after his failed and disastrous shitholeCare bill - he accomplished ZERO

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
under obama you had pretty much 7 (or whatever) years of unbroken economic growth. since the global crash (if my memory serves me correctly) US growth figures on average have been slightly better than the rest of the industrialised world.

the general consensus (globally) is that the obama administration did a pretty good job steadying the ship and nursing the US economy along following the crash. it's too soon to start praising trump for what is happening economically as most of it will still be the hangover from the previous government.

things are still way from being back to normal all around the globe. growth is still pretty fragile everywhere in the developed world. that's why we still have interest rates stuck just above zero %.

probably doesn't fit in with the nonsensical partisan claptrap spouted on here. but those are the facts.

Nah, I think I’m going to continue rolling with the leader currently in charge.

I’ll let you get back to punching holes in the wall and cursing “that damned Merica”

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
That actually makes it look even better for Trump, not very impressive until his victory on 11/08/2016, then it really took off and hasn't slowed down since.  See attached image below.

Trump didn't do a damn thing to the market on election day 2016, but investors took all the cues they needed.  My investments are up more since election day than during the last 3-4 years of the Obama administration.  Obama's policies threw a wet blanket on the economy.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Trump didn't do a damn thing to the market on election day 2016, but investors took all the cues they needed.  My investments are up more since election day than during the last 3-4 years of the Obama administration.  Obama's policies threw a wet blanket on the economy.

Exactly, investors were counting on Trump keeping his business friendly, campaign promises.  And more recent stock market record gains are much due to the passing of Trump's promised tax reform law.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
From about JAN 2016 the market recovered and was heading up. I give Trump kudos for not messing it up.

In January 2016, the stock market recovered from what exactly?  

Anyway, it wasn't heading up really.  It looks like in the last 3 years, the stock market was having trouble reaching and maintaining the 18,500 mark up until Trump's victory on 11/08/2016.  Until then, it was very volatile, making gains followed by almost equal losses.  Yet since Trump's victory, it has been on a continuous, very steep, uphill trend, reaching the 26,000 mark in just a little over a year.  See attached image below.  You can't deny that.

You should be giving Trump kudos for much more than just not messing it up.  His business friendly campaign promises, and the ones he has kept so far have made a huge difference for the better in the stock market.

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/DJI

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
The Dow's 31% gain during Trump's first year is the best since FDR
- The 30-stock index has surged more than 31 percent since Trump's inauguration.
- That marks the index's best performance during the first year of a president since Franklin Roosevelt.
- "You've got lower taxes, less regulation and confidence in the economy is high," said one investor.
- The S&P 500 has surged 23 percent during Trump's first year in office.
Fred Imbert   | @foimbert

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/18/the-dows-31-percent-gain-during-trumps-first-year-is-the-best-since-fdr.html