Author Topic: On Dwayne Johnson surpassing Arnold  (Read 7089 times)

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
Re: On Dwayne Johnson surpassing Arnold
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2018, 04:16:56 AM »
no way the rock is bigger than arnold was ,  the rock's most successfull movies are in an established franchise like fast and furious.

the rock could never ever get into the shape arnold did in his prime either.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2018, 04:21:34 AM »
no way the rock is bigger than arnold was ,  the rock's most successfull movies are in an established franchise like fast and furious.

the rock could never ever get into the shape arnold did in his prime either.

I think people are referring to Dwayne surpassing Arnold as a movie star and in popularity

Just like Arnold and Sly were the two most muscular action heroes back in he day and fans used to compared them all the time. 

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2018, 04:23:59 AM »

I think people are referring to Dwayne surpassing Arnold as a movie star and in popularity

Just like Arnold and Sly were the two most muscular action heroes back in he day and fans used to compared them all the time. 

you got a point there,  but i do believe sly is more talented than either one, he actually wrote and directed movies that did well something arnold and the cock will never do

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2018, 04:43:13 AM »
you got a point there,  but i do believe sly is more talented than either one, he actually wrote and directed movies that did well something arnold and the cock will never do

I agree with you and it sucks to see the Rock surpassing Arnold ( in my opinion ) but in a world where the  Kardashians are on top.  . People don't care if Sly wrote directed etc.  they worship Dwayne to the point everything he's in its a blockbuster.   

jjfit

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2018, 06:40:39 AM »
i dont like the rock, seems like a disingenuous person, just fake. he boasts about everything he does, just an annoying and unlikable person

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2018, 06:48:01 AM »
i dont like the rock, seems like a disingenuous person, just fake. he boasts about everything he does, just an annoying and unlikable person
Have met the Rock many times over the past 15 years. Yes....he is a total sham. A few guys that I know..who have dealt with him personally. ..say the same thing that you say. He seems to be wearing a persona 24-7. He is full of canned answers and PR bullshit. Actually....he reminds many of them of Mike O Hearn. That is what some have said.

jjfit

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2018, 07:30:19 AM »
Have met the Rock many times over the past 15 years. Yes....he is a total sham. A few guys that I know..who have dealt with him personally. ..say the same thing that you say. He seems to be wearing a persona 24-7. He is full of canned answers and PR bullshit. Actually....he reminds many of them of Mike O Hearn. That is what some have said.

thanks for clarification. cant stand people who are "on" all the time

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2018, 07:39:38 AM »

his movies suck as well, i would never go see a movie because he is in it.  guy is overated, the media shoves him down peoples throats.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2018, 08:09:36 AM »

This. Sylvester Stallone has far more relent not only as an actor, writer, and such. His movies are more watchable minus few. Dwayne Johnson has nothing to offer in the way of an Arnold much less Stallone. Dwayne just shows up and does what he is told, same shit in every movie.
h

thatrandomguy#7

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2018, 08:54:23 AM »
as far as movies the Rock has been in, Faster is pretty good.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2018, 09:17:12 AM »
What a stupid comparison.
Ill add into the mix that The Rock came into movies having a huge fanbase from WWE and was already a household name. Arnold had nothing like that, nor was there anything like social media to promote.
I honestly cant say any of Dwayne Johnsons films are good, although he was a great wrestler/ entertainer, and is a very likeable guy.

Arnold > Dwayne all day long but Arnold also had a huge fan base and was a well known celebrity before doing movies (not counting Hercules in New York).  Arnold starred in Stay Hungry with Jeff Bridges and Sally Field which came out a year before Pumping Iron.  Arnold was definitely well known and  had a fan base by the time Conan hit the theaters. 

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2018, 10:05:28 AM »
Mbetter yet name one role the rock has played that is as iconic or well known as the terminator or Conan. Yep i here those crickets  chirping

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2018, 10:52:17 AM »
No comparison Arnold shits all over anything the Rock has done or ever will do in life!!!

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2018, 11:49:02 AM »
If Arnold as 20 years younger he would get into top shape just to show the rock who the king is

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2018, 11:57:26 AM »
Arnold=PUMPING IRON, CONAN THE BARBARIAN, THE TERMINATOR, PREDATOR.

Dwayne Johnson=??????

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2018, 04:01:02 PM »
Arnold=PUMPING IRON, CONAN THE BARBARIAN, THE TERMINATOR, PREDATOR.

Dwayne Johnson=??????

better shape to in his prime

stallone- rocky, rambo,  the expendables

the cock- supporting role in fast and furious and shitty disney movies

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2018, 08:36:13 PM »
Arnold starred in cult movies like Terminator,Predator,Conan,Total Recall etc. Most of the Rock's movies I didn't even watched to the end,they are that boring.His biggest blockbuster is Fast and Furious and he isn't even a lead actor there.
Dwayne's championships titles in wrestling are just as real as Stallone's world titles in boxing and arm wrestling. Arnold is a 7xMr.Olympia,5xMr.Universe in BB and a Golden Globe winner in acting.The Rock doesn't even have abs.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2018, 07:11:02 AM »

better shape to in his prime

stallone- rocky, rambo,  the expendables

the cock- supporting role in fast and furious and shitty disney movies

Mel Gibson = Lethal Weapon, Road Warrior

Harrison Ford = Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Jack Ryan,

Rock = shitty film about bodybuilders with Walberg