Author Topic: Who still drinks raw eggs  (Read 3613 times)

chess315

Who still drinks raw eggs
« on: January 17, 2018, 09:53:17 AM »
I know a lot drink the liquid egg whites but actual eggs and how many

tom joad

• Getbig V
Re: Who still drinks raw egga
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 10:02:38 AM »
I usually eat 7-8 whole eggs as part of my breakfast and my cholesterol is fine.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:03:42 AM »
I usually eat 7-8 whole eggs as part of my breakfast and my cholesterol is fine.

What are your #s?

???

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 10:08:29 AM »
What are your #s?

???

I don't know my exact numbers, but I see my doctor a couple of times each year, and always ask him to check my cholesterol (because of my eggs consumption) and it's never been a problem for me.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 10:11:48 AM »
Yolks raise good lipids (HDL) and help test levels... People that throw the yolks away, are getting rid of the best part...

chess315

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 10:37:33 AM »
I'm hoping to hear from someone that eats 2 dozen a day

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 10:44:24 AM »
I'm hoping to hear from someone that eats 2 dozen a day

I used to.  For quite a few years.  And my cholesterol was fine.  HDL was great.  And never once caught the salmonella.  Of course you've got to check your eggs before you buy them to make sure none are cracked, etc. etc.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 11:10:03 AM »
Have and still do, mostly because I'd hate to have to cook and eat them every day. Usually one whipped into protein powder or milk. Never had any problems with food poisoning with raw eggs, in my experience, they are probably safer than diner scrambled eggs for me.

chess315

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 01:38:34 PM »
Have and still do, mostly because I'd hate to have to cook and eat them every day. Usually one whipped into protein powder or milk. Never had any problems with food poisoning with raw eggs, in my experience, they are probably safer than diner scrabbled eggs for me.
I been thinking of going back to them to

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 02:07:12 PM »
Q

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 02:52:44 PM »
Why not just cook them?they taste a lot better.I eat 10 egg whites a day and once a week I’ll have 6 eggs over easy.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 02:54:13 PM »
Tried it once when I was a kid and the first Rocky movie came out - never again.........

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 03:08:51 PM »
Epic unfixed typo in thread title.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 03:28:52 PM »
I don't know my exact numbers, but I see my doctor a couple of times each year, and always ask him to check my cholesterol (because of my eggs consumption) and it's never been a problem for me.

Oh brother, welcome to "bodybuilding"...

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 04:25:39 PM »
Epic unfixed typo in thread title.

How about them Egga! :D
Q

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 04:45:01 PM »
Not usually but am at the moment.  Liquid protein (inb4) is easier than solid but I don't trust powdered protein.

Blended of course.  1 yolk/6 whites on low fat days, whole eggs on high fat days.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »
I've eaten at least 2 whole eggs for breakfast for the past 16 years, since I was 20 I've had the same breakfast 2 whole eggs, 8 whites, 1 cup of oats and maybe a banana or berries, when I've done keto I've eaten up to 12 whole eggs a day, also there have been times where I've eaten 3 to 4 beef meals a day (once again during keto phases) . I've just had my blood work done a few weeks back since being off the ship, so I have some data. As I stated in another thread I get my bloodwork done every time I go on vacation just to make sure I have no deficiencies.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 06:54:11 PM »
I've eaten at least 2 whole eggs for breakfast for the past 16 years, since I was 20 I've had the same breakfast 2 whole eggs, 8 whites, 1 cup of oats and maybe a banana or berries, when I've done keto I've eaten up to 12 whole eggs a day, also there have been times where I've eaten 3 to 4 beef meals a day (once again during keto phases) . I've just had my blood work done a few weeks back since being off the ship, so I have some data. As I stated in another thread I get my bloodwork done every time I go on vacation just to make sure I have no deficiencies.
Very good.  Why is your AST and ALT elevated?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: Who still drinks raw eggs
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 07:09:27 PM »
Thanks mods.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 07:10:47 PM »
 ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 07:12:43 PM »
Very good.  Why is your AST and ALT elevated?
From what my doc told me he said that anyone that is into exercise/weight training those levels will always be elevated, my doc is a triathlete and he says his levels are also always slightly elevated. Plus I am a beverage manager and tend to have a few drinks here and there.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 07:52:42 PM »
I know a lot drink the liquid egg whites but actual eggs and how many

6 whole eggs for meal #2 with tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil for me

i eat them (scrambled add salt) and some ketchup since i like the way they taste, i would drink them but I prefer to eat my cals over drink them

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 08:38:19 PM »

part of your breakfast?

what's the rest of it?

I love eggs and 3-4 is the most I can stomach at one time

a 4 egg cheese omelette with a couple slices of organic pumpernickel and I'm good for 3-4 hours

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 08:44:41 PM »
Only 50% of raw egg protein is used by the body, so you're
throwing away half the protein. Conversely something like whey is about 98% bioavailable. So cook your eggs first if you want better absorption - 95% absorption then, though even then researchers call it a somewhat malabsorbed protein.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 09:23:45 PM »
part of your breakfast?

what's the rest of it?

I love eggs and 3-4 is the most I can stomach at one time

a 4 egg cheese omelette with a couple slices of organic pumpernickel and I'm good for 3-4 hours

First off, i'm not a "bodybuilder" ... never had any interest in competing or dabbling in drugs.  I've just loved training and living a healthy fit lifestyle for the past 30 years.  

For many years, I did the 6-meals a day thing and my staple breakfast protein was 7-8 egg whites + 1 whole egg. This is when yolks had a bad rap.  Now that the "many meals a day to fire up the metabolism etc." theory has been debunked, I usually prefer to eat 2 large meals per day with a snack in between.  So typically, it looks like this:

Morning:  
-  Coffee

Breakfast (usually around noon):  
-  7 or 8 whole eggs with Frank's Red Hot, Steel Cut Oats, Plain Greek Yogurt & Blueberries, Omega-3 Oil

Snack (a couple of hours before workout):
-  Cottage Cheese or Whey drink, 1 or 2 apples, almonds/walnuts (haven't mastered the exact optimal # yet :)
-  Green Tea

Post-Workout:
-  Whey ... sometimes mixed with Gatorade powder (I skip the post-workout drink if dinner is already ready)

Dinner:
-  Something filling, delicious, and pretty healthy that my wife prepares ... always includes a good hunk of protein and veggies or a salad in Olive Oil