Author Topic: Lee Priest - Why Bodybuilders Stop Training Hard  (Read 5402 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Lee Priest - Why Bodybuilders Stop Training Hard
« on: January 17, 2018, 04:21:35 PM »

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Lee Priest:Why Bbers Stop Training Hard
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 05:18:18 PM »
He’s still not dead yet?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 05:33:18 PM »
He’s still not dead yet?
Lol. John Romano mentions posters from Getbig.com coming out of hiding and going to expos and being "135 pounds soaking wet".

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 05:41:31 PM »
Lol. John Romano mentions posters from Getbig.com coming out of hiding and going to expos and being "135 pounds soaking wet".

I saw that so he’s saying they are still bigger than he is with all the drugs he takes haha

He’ll fit right back in here posting since he’s an ex con/criminal

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 06:19:42 PM »
romano looks like shit,  and more than likely catches for some fast easy cash

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 06:56:36 PM »
I want one of his trophys

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 07:11:42 PM »
I hate to say this ,  but the first sign that you are OLD is when you think everything was better in the past  ...

yes,"back in the days  they trained way harder, way smarter,  the camaraderie was way better and they took way less drugs........   sure .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHH   LEVRO NEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 01:14:56 AM »
I hate to say this ,  but the first sign that you are OLD is when you think everything was better in the past  ...

yes,"back in the days  they trained way harder, way smarter,  the camaraderie was way better and they took way less drugs........   sure .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHH   LEVRO NEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Problem with you guys is the fact that your perspective doesn't come from the experience, but from the pictures and the media. What they say in the video is 100% true. I have seen this all happen, even seen the 80'ties top pro bb:ers at the gym and watch how they were training. Today just about no one is training as hard as they did at daily basis. You need an example?

Most of the guys here thinks that is just insane. No it isn't, it is just training as hard as you can. It seem to be insane just because you can't even imagine yourself doing anything as hard as it looks.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 01:22:25 AM »
Re: Lee Priest and other pros saying that they only take a gram of testosterone, then 250mg of Equipoise [Boldenone Undecylenate, a horse steroid]

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!

Some strongmen out there are genetic freaks who take this little.  One of the strongest men who I knew personally was on baby doses if not just steroids, but of food too.  I think he would engineer his cycles in a way that allowed him to get 80% of the gains off 20% of the risk.

But human beings have evolved to be strong.  Human beings have NOT evolved to be muscular.  So no, you can't make crazy gains in muscle mass on that little in terms of PEDs.

The reality is - Lee Priest being able to become so big AT ALL is what makes him a genetic freak!  Most peopl can NEVER EVER become as muscular as he did.  That's the part that makes him a freak.  To suggest he can be that big AND take next to nothing in terms of PED use...that would be freaky on two fronts.

Again - simply being able to be massive - pro bodybuilder size - is itself the genetic gift.  No amount of steroids will make most people that size.  But to get to that size on next to no steroid use would be a whole other level of freakiness - and I don't think anyone can do that.

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 03:12:36 AM »
injuries and worry of injury , that's why most tone it down or stop . .

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 03:42:35 AM »
One of the very few smart things Ferrigno said back in the day was that "you need to leave the ego out of the gym , you can bench 500 pounds, but if the chest ain't there the judges won't care ".

And Louie was a strong mofo.  Who squatted very heavy with no straps.

Levrone should keep this in mind , uploading clips lifting heavy ass weights won't make any difference when he steps on stage  ( if he ever competes again )

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 06:13:04 AM »
One of the very few smart things Ferrigno said back in the day was that "you need to leave the ego out of the gym , you can bench 500 pounds, but if the chest ain't there the judges won't care ".

Levrone should keep this in mind , uploading clips lifting heavy ass weights won't make any difference when he steps on stage  ( if he ever competes again )

Lou was not strong at all given how his physique looked, same with Arnold, nothing wrong with that since they are bbers, all an illusion

Franco was one of the only legit strong mans from that era with numbers that are accurate

Lou and Arnold’s numbers and claims were highly exaggerated with no proof

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 06:15:37 AM »
Re: Lee Priest and other pros saying that they only take a gram of testosterone, then 250mg of Equipoise [Boldenone Undecylenate, a horse steroid]

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!

Some strongmen out there are genetic freaks who take this little.  One of the strongest men who I knew personally was on baby doses if not just steroids, but of food too.  I think he would engineer his cycles in a way that allowed him to get 80% of the gains off 20% of the risk.

But human beings have evolved to be strong.  Human beings have NOT evolved to be muscular.  So no, you can't make crazy gains in muscle mass on that little in terms of PEDs.

The reality is - Lee Priest being able to become so big AT ALL is what makes him a genetic freak!  Most peopl can NEVER EVER become as muscular as he did.  That's the part that makes him a freak.  To suggest he can be that big AND take next to nothing in terms of PED use...that would be freaky on two fronts.

Again - simply being able to be massive - pro bodybuilder size - is itself the genetic gift.  No amount of steroids will make most people that size.  But to get to that size on next to no steroid use would be a whole other level of freakiness - and I think anyone can do that.

Not sure if anyone really cares when you are “5’4”

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 07:16:14 AM »
Lou was not strong at all given how his physique looked, same with Arnold, nothing wrong with that since they are bbers, all an illusion

Franco was one of the only legit strong mans from that era with numbers that are accurate

Lou used to squat over 600 plus pounds, benched 5 plates......   If that's not strong at all "

WooOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 12:03:59 PM »
I bet if you ask Coach,he can tell you that no one traind as nearly as hard as we did in the old days.'

No bitterness,just plain old fact.

I got a PM from Aceto who used to train at our gym in Springfield Ma. and he saids todays guys are just complete wusses when it somes to training hard!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 12:04:24 PM »
Hey Smatt roids help Help your body looks much more than your str

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 12:12:44 PM »

Lou didn't  disgrace himself ,in the first WSM from 1977:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFq0m8XoLd0

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 01:00:01 PM »
i wonder which bodybuilders they were talking about and when?

lee haney in the 80s talked about stimulating not annihilating

he has to this day the most sandows

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 02:15:06 PM »
Theres no blood and guts in the modern era, Just mgs and ius.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 02:37:14 PM »

LMAO...back in the 80s if all these idiots taking selfies talking etc etc would be taken outside and belted was exactly right, yup some of us had the walkmans and we’d turn the stereos up loud in the gym BUT we were there too TRAIN and train fucking hard the gym I went too was called the Dungeon, it had steel walls and floors metal mesh across the windows, it leaked and it stank.

But Jesus Christ the few of us that trained there were all there too get bigger, stronger etc..and he’s right about the drugs as well...nobody talked about them back then it was a hush hush subject it was all about establishing a BASE....balls too the walls training...lots of good food...getting the rest needed....and in that order

Nowadays it’s the reverse...DRUGS...Drugs. ..Food...food...Rest...T raining... :-\ :-\ :-\

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 08:18:08 PM »
romano looks like shit,  and more than likely catches for some fast easy cash

You and your obsession with men having sex with men.

There's no other term for it other than obsession. 80 or 90% of your posts on here have to do with men having sex with men and men performing sexual favors for other men. What does that say about you?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 08:30:34 PM »

Levrone is just trying get attention to sell supplements. He can't seriously believe he has a chance at winning.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 12:35:53 AM »

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 12:38:08 AM »
Not sure if anyone really cares when you are “5’4”

But he is good forklift driver  ;D

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 01:24:50 AM »
Problem with you guys is the fact that your perspective doesn't come from the experience, but from the pictures and the media. What they say in the video is 100% true. I have seen this all happen, even seen the 80'ties top pro bb:ers at the gym and watch how they were training. Today just about no one is training as hard as they did at daily basis. You need an example?

Most of the guys here thinks that is just insane. No it isn't, it is just training as hard as you can. It seem to be insane just because you can't even imagine yourself doing anything as hard as it looks.

I agree with this and ive only been training since 16 yo, so 15 years +. I remember first going to the gym when I started and it was big , older men in shit baggy pants lifting heavy ass weights. It was crazy.
Now all you see if young guys in groups of 3-4, dressed in latest fashion all laughing, joking, taking selfies, and doing a few reps on some chest machine and getting up after it to check the pump in their tiny chest.
I absolutely cant stand what has become of gyms now. I guess it all came about thanks to social media.
I certainly loved the days when it was only serious trainers who went to gyms.
Now its a fashion thing.  :(

As for pro bodybuilders, none of us can really comment on what Priest is saying, as I don't train with any.
But going by the general gym states, its probably true.