Author Topic: Matt Gaetz: "I just read a 4-page memo that threatens democracy to it's core."  (Read 4006 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
That dishonest dummy Schiff said Democrats will release their own memo.  lol 

Wonder which one will get reported on by the media
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Wonder which one will get reported on by the media

My guess is they'll both get reported, but will be treated as equal.  We do have to see what is released and judge how credible it is. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
My guess is they'll both get reported, but will be treated as equal.  We do have to see what is released and judge how credible it is. 

well the shit schiff one will have to "leak" to the press now...

:D
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Good.  I'll be shocked if the minority memo isn't leaked in short order. 

James

BREAKING: House Intelligence Committee votes to release documents alleging missteps by the FBI

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/29/house-intel-votes-to-release-controversial-surveillance-memo-to-public.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Huffington Post Headline:  House Votes to Release Scam Memo
CNN:  House GOP votes to release partisan Memo
Fox News:  House Intel votes to release controversial 4-page memo allegedly detailing FISA surveillance abuses

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
zzzzzz.......zzzz....

Laws are for little people...

Don't know why everyone's getting a boner...

Nothing's going to happen to anyone thats higher up than a pee-on intern or janitor

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
zzzzzz.......zzzz....

Laws are for little people...

Don't know why everyone's getting a boner...

Nothing's going to happen to anyone thats higher up than a pee-on intern or janitor

I agree for the most part.  I don't care how damning this memo may (or may not) be, I'll be surprised if heads roll. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
FBI officials review surveillance memo, could not cite 'any factual inaccuracies': source
Catherine Herridge By Catherine Herridge   | Fox News

Fox News confirms two senior FBI officials reviewed the Republican memo alleging surveillance abuses during the presidential campaign and could not find any factual inaccuracies; chief intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge reports.

Two senior FBI officials have now reviewed a controversial Republican staff memo alleging abuses of government surveillance programs during the 2016 presidential campaign, a source familiar with the matter told Fox News – adding that the officials “could not point to any factual inaccuracies.”

The two officials – one from the bureau’s counterintelligence division and the other from the legal division – followed up after an initial review of the memo during a rare Sunday trip to Capitol Hill by FBI Director Christopher Wray.

The House Intelligence Committee voted late Monday along party lines to release the memo, prompting a backlash from Democratic lawmakers. Top Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff called it a “very sad day.” President Trump has five working days to review the contents but is widely expected not to block its release.

After the contentious committee vote Monday night, the source confirmed that House staffers physically took the memo over to the White House for the president.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif. is pursued by reporters as he arrives for a weekly meeting of the Republican Conference with House Speaker Paul Ryan and the GOP leadership, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, on Capitol Hill in Washington. Nunes is facing growing calls to step away from the panel's Russia investigation as revelations about a secret source meeting on White House grounds raised questions about his and the panel's independence. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)
Devin Nunes and the House Intelligence Committee voted to release the surveillance memo.  (AP)
The FBI offered no comment to Fox News regarding bureau officials’ review of the document. Senior DOJ officials told Fox News, however, that they “dispute the characterization” that no inaccuracies could be cited. 

Senior DOJ officials also had the opportunity to review the memo at DOJ headquarters on Monday.

The Justice Department, in a Jan. 24 letter from Assistant Attorney General Stephen E. Boyd, originally had called the Republican staff memo’s release “unprecedented” and “reckless.” Boyd also stated, “Though we are currently unaware of any wrongdoing relating to the FISA process, we agree that any abuse of that system cannot be tolerated.”

But DOJ officials told Fox News on Tuesday that parts of that memo are now "moot" -- specifically the term "reckless," as DOJ and FBI officials have now had the opportunity to review the document.

Fox News is told the memo was “drafted deliberately to eliminate national security information” that could be damaging if viewed by individuals outside Congress.

Republican lawmaker speaks out after the House votes to make the memo on alleged surveillance abuses public.Video
Rep. Gowdy: FISA memo will be embarrassing to Rep. Schiff

House Republicans have indicated the memo speaks to whether the unverified anti-Trump dossier was used to secure or extend surveillance warrants for Americans, including a Trump associate.

“If you’re interested whether or not the dossier was used in court proceedings, whether or not it was funded by political opponents, you’ll want to see the memo,” Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., said on “Fox & Friends.”

The source said the FBI and Justice Department had “fought tooth and nail” for close to a year to avoid providing the surveillance-related records to Congress. The source said additional records provided this month, after Republican committee Chairman Devin Nunes threatened to move forward with contempt of Congress citations, backed up investigators’ earlier findings.

The committee is in the process of lining up the remaining FBI and DOJ interviews, which are expected in early February, as part of its investigation. Intelligence committee Republicans have two outstanding records requests: for additional texts between FBI official Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, and records documenting an April 2017 meeting between DOJ lawyer and senior special counsel prosecutor Andrew Weissmann and a major media organization. The Weissmann deadline was Jan. 11. 

In a Jan. 4 letter, documenting his agreement with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to avoid contempt citations, Nunes wrote, “I understand that your office is researching records related to the details of an April 2017 meeting between DOJ Attorney Andrew Weissmann (now the senior attorney for Special Counsel Robert Mueller) and the media which will be provided to this Committee by close of business Thursday January 11, 2018.”

The source said the FBI and Justice Department said they wanted additional time to gather all of the Weissmann records, to provide them at once. Fox News understands the committee will make a new push for the remaining Weissmann records, which are related to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, as early as this week.

Republican Rep. Jim Jordan recently told Fox News, “I am interested in anything the FBI did to leak information to further their narrative.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/30/fbi-officials-review-surveillance-memo-could-not-cite-any-factual-inaccuracies-source.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Trey Gowdy: FISA Memo Will Be ‘Embarrassing to Adam Schiff’
by JEFF POOR
30 Jan 2018

Tuesday on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) said a memo that the House Intelligence Committee voted on Monday to make public would be “embarrassing” to the Intel Committee’s ranking Democrat Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA).

Gowdy prefaced his remarks by saying he supported special counsel Robert Mueller “100 percent” in his effort to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and noted how Schiff had gone out of his way to prevent the public from finding out details.

“[L]ook, my Democratic colleagues didn’t want us to find this information,” Gowdy explained. “They did everything they could to keep us from finding this information.”

“I think it will be embarrassing to Adam Schiff once people realize the extent to which he went to keep them from learning any of this,” he continued. “That would be the embarrassment … I mean, going to court to help Fusion GPS so we can’t find out they paid for the dossier, and that they were working for the DNC. That’s a pretty big step to go to court to try to keep the American people from learning something. So, if it were up to Adam Schiff, you wouldn’t know about Hillary Clinton’s email. You wouldn’t know about the server. You wouldn’t know about the dossier. I do find it ironic that he has his own memo right now because if it were up to him, we wouldn’t know any of it.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/01/30/trey-gowdy-fisa-memo-will-embarrassing-adam-schiff/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
FBI officials review surveillance memo, could not cite 'any factual inaccuracies': source
Catherine Herridge By Catherine Herridge   | Fox News

Fox News confirms two senior FBI officials reviewed the Republican memo alleging surveillance abuses during the presidential campaign and could not find any factual inaccuracies; chief intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge reports.

Two senior FBI officials have now reviewed a controversial Republican staff memo alleging abuses of government surveillance programs during the 2016 presidential campaign, a source familiar with the matter told Fox News – adding that the officials “could not point to any factual inaccuracies.”

The two officials – one from the bureau’s counterintelligence division and the other from the legal division – followed up after an initial review of the memo during a rare Sunday trip to Capitol Hill by FBI Director Christopher Wray.

The House Intelligence Committee voted late Monday along party lines to release the memo, prompting a backlash from Democratic lawmakers. Top Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff called it a “very sad day.” President Trump has five working days to review the contents but is widely expected not to block its release.

After the contentious committee vote Monday night, the source confirmed that House staffers physically took the memo over to the White House for the president.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif. is pursued by reporters as he arrives for a weekly meeting of the Republican Conference with House Speaker Paul Ryan and the GOP leadership, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, on Capitol Hill in Washington. Nunes is facing growing calls to step away from the panel's Russia investigation as revelations about a secret source meeting on White House grounds raised questions about his and the panel's independence. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)
Devin Nunes and the House Intelligence Committee voted to release the surveillance memo.  (AP)
The FBI offered no comment to Fox News regarding bureau officials’ review of the document. Senior DOJ officials told Fox News, however, that they “dispute the characterization” that no inaccuracies could be cited. 

Senior DOJ officials also had the opportunity to review the memo at DOJ headquarters on Monday.

The Justice Department, in a Jan. 24 letter from Assistant Attorney General Stephen E. Boyd, originally had called the Republican staff memo’s release “unprecedented” and “reckless.” Boyd also stated, “Though we are currently unaware of any wrongdoing relating to the FISA process, we agree that any abuse of that system cannot be tolerated.”

But DOJ officials told Fox News on Tuesday that parts of that memo are now "moot" -- specifically the term "reckless," as DOJ and FBI officials have now had the opportunity to review the document.

Fox News is told the memo was “drafted deliberately to eliminate national security information” that could be damaging if viewed by individuals outside Congress.

Republican lawmaker speaks out after the House votes to make the memo on alleged surveillance abuses public.Video
Rep. Gowdy: FISA memo will be embarrassing to Rep. Schiff

House Republicans have indicated the memo speaks to whether the unverified anti-Trump dossier was used to secure or extend surveillance warrants for Americans, including a Trump associate.

“If you’re interested whether or not the dossier was used in court proceedings, whether or not it was funded by political opponents, you’ll want to see the memo,” Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., said on “Fox & Friends.”

The source said the FBI and Justice Department had “fought tooth and nail” for close to a year to avoid providing the surveillance-related records to Congress. The source said additional records provided this month, after Republican committee Chairman Devin Nunes threatened to move forward with contempt of Congress citations, backed up investigators’ earlier findings.

The committee is in the process of lining up the remaining FBI and DOJ interviews, which are expected in early February, as part of its investigation. Intelligence committee Republicans have two outstanding records requests: for additional texts between FBI official Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, and records documenting an April 2017 meeting between DOJ lawyer and senior special counsel prosecutor Andrew Weissmann and a major media organization. The Weissmann deadline was Jan. 11. 

In a Jan. 4 letter, documenting his agreement with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to avoid contempt citations, Nunes wrote, “I understand that your office is researching records related to the details of an April 2017 meeting between DOJ Attorney Andrew Weissmann (now the senior attorney for Special Counsel Robert Mueller) and the media which will be provided to this Committee by close of business Thursday January 11, 2018.”

The source said the FBI and Justice Department said they wanted additional time to gather all of the Weissmann records, to provide them at once. Fox News understands the committee will make a new push for the remaining Weissmann records, which are related to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, as early as this week.

Republican Rep. Jim Jordan recently told Fox News, “I am interested in anything the FBI did to leak information to further their narrative.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/30/fbi-officials-review-surveillance-memo-could-not-cite-any-factual-inaccuracies-source.html

is that the same dossier where many parts have been verified and some other part have not been verified but also haven't been proven to be false

is that the dossier you're referring to?

Did the FBI also have their own source or sources (as reported many times) which were used to get the FISA warrants?

BTW - since when to Repubs care about unverified info.  They spent years losing their minds over unverified nonsense about Hillary and Obama and continue to do so to this day

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
is that the same dossier where many parts have been verified and some other part have not been verified but also haven't been proven to be false

is that the dossier you're referring to?

Did the FBI also have their own source or sources (as reported many times) which were used to get the FISA warrants?

BTW - since when to Repubs care about unverified info.  They spent years losing their minds over unverified nonsense about Hillary and Obama and continue to do so to this day

You might wanna jump off the sinking ship, comrade.
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Positioning over the Nunes FISA Memo Continues Ahead of Its Release
February 1, 2018 11:45 AM @ANDREWCMCCARTHY
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456003/devin-nunes-fisa-memo-positioning-ahead-its-release

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I don't know if this memo is credible or not and will draw my own conclusions after reading it, but the fact people who are potentially implicated in the memo are protesting too much tells me there is probably some pretty damning stuff. 

Comey really needs to be quiet already. 

Comey rips 'weasels and liars,' invokes Joe McCarthy in Twitter rant

By Samuel Chamberlain   | Fox News

Former FBI Director James Comey lashed out at unnamed "weasels and liars" on social media late Thursday, hours before President Trump was expected to declassify a controversial memo about purported surveillance abuses over the objections of Democrats.

"All should appreciate the FBI speaking up. I wish more of our leaders would," Comey wrote on Twitter. "But take heart: American history shows that, in the long run, weasels and liars never hold the field, so long as good people stand up.

James Comey

@Comey
All should appreciate the FBI speaking up. I wish more of our leaders would. But take heart: American history shows that, in the long run, weasels and liars never hold the field, so long as good people stand up. Not a lot of schools or streets named for Joe McCarthy.
12:51 PM - Feb 1, 2018
 7,706 7,706 Replies   26,215 26,215 Retweets   67,745 67,745 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

"Not a lot of schools or streets named for Joe McCarthy," Comey added, a reference to the Wisconsin senator who claimed high-ranking government officials were Soviet spies in the 1950s.

Comey appeared to be referencing an FBI statement released Wednesday that objected to the release of the memo, authored by House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif. That statement said the FBI had "grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy."

TRUMP TO DECLASSIFY MEMO, SOURCES SAY -- AS PELOSI SEEKS NUNES OUSTER

Sources told Fox News Thursday that the version of the memo Trump plans to declassify contains "technical edits" made at the FBI's request. The sources said the edited version was shown to five FBI officials at the White House on Tuesday afternoon and the officials were satisfied that the edits addressed concerns they had about an earlier version of the memo that was reviewed on Monday.

The memo purportedly is critical of the FBI's use of surveillance during the 2016 presidential campaign, particularly in the initial stages of its investigation into alleged collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign.

The administration says the classified memo is undergoing a final national security check and the president's sign off; Catherine Herridge goes in-depth for 'Special Report.'
Special counsel Robert Mueller is investigating whether the Trump campaign improperly coordinated with Russia and whether Trump sought to obstruct the inquiry by, among other actions, firing Comey.

The Associated Press reported Thursday that Trump has told confidants in recent days that he believes the document will validate his concerns that the FBI and Justice Department conspired against him and bolsters his claim that the collusion accusations are false and part of a conspiracy to discredit his election.

COMEY TWEETS 'JUSTICE' BIBLE VERSE AFTER FLYNN PLEADS GUILTY

Comey has not been shy about using Twitter to comment on the ongoing Russia investigation. In December, he posted a Bible verse after news broke that former national security adviser Michael Flynn would plead guilty to lying to the FBI and would cooperate with the Mueller probe.

James Comey

@Comey
“But justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream” Amos 5:24 https://www.instagram.com/p/BcKtEUUg4Qa/
7:01 AM - Dec 1, 2017
 16,723 16,723 Replies   62,720 62,720 Retweets   157,576 157,576 likes
"But justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream," Comey tweeted, quoting the prophet Amos.

On Monday, Comey defended recently removed FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, saying he "stood tall ... when small people were trying to tear down an institution we all depend on.

James Comey

@Comey
Special Agent Andrew McCabe stood tall over the last 8 months, when small people were trying to tear down an institution we all depend on. He served with distinction for two decades. I wish Andy well. I also wish continued strength for the rest of the FBI.  America needs you.
3:09 PM - Jan 29, 2018
 20,472 20,472 Replies   65,058 65,058 Retweets   203,154 203,154 likes
"I wish Andy well. I also wish continued strength for the rest of the FBI," Comey wrote. "America needs you."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/01/comey-rips-weasels-and-liars-invokes-joe-mccarthy-in-twitter-rant.html

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Nothing to see here goyim...
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Positioning over the Nunes FISA Memo Continues Ahead of Its Release
February 1, 2018 11:45 AM @ANDREWCMCCARTHY
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456003/devin-nunes-fisa-memo-positioning-ahead-its-release

If the means by which they attained a FISA warrant are so pristine, why be nervous about the release? They should welcome it. It will make the Repub's look terrible... if they (FBI/DOJ) followed the rule of law, that is.
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Huffington Post Headline:  House Votes to Release Scam Memo
CNN:  House GOP votes to release partisan Memo
Fox News:  House Intel votes to release controversial 4-page memo allegedly detailing FISA surveillance abuses

Huffington Post Headline:  House Intelligence Committee Votes To Release Democrats’ Rebuttal Of Nunes Memo
CNN:  House intelligence committee unanimously votes to release Democratic memo
Fox News:  Intelligence Committee approves release of Dems’ rebuttal to FISA memo

TheGrinch

• Getbig V

sure threatened him.... definitely running scared all of a sudden