Author Topic: Question about US law enforcement  (Read 2657 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: Question about US law enforcement
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2018, 08:29:58 PM »
Simplest way to explain them is; police are in cities, sheriff's are County police, and FBI are national police.  if you are a minority, your best bet is probably fbi b/c they are more educated. local police are ignorant and will probably shot you in the back.   

Southern CA has sherrif patrolling in many cases, driving city cop cars and responding to 911 calls. See this in LA county, San Diego, riverside, San berdo counties etc... Rare that you see "Palm Desert Pd", or "Indian Wells pd", etc around here... Always RivCo sherrifs

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2018, 11:34:52 AM »
What was your probable cause for pulling him over (blocking him in in plain clothes no less)?

PD working south Bronx don't need no stinking PC.

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2018, 11:45:58 AM »
White shield plain clothes?
Yes.... 6 years(3 in a citywide robbery unit...3 in a precint plainclothes team)

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 11:48:33 AM »
What was your probable cause for pulling him over (blocking him in in plain clothes no less)?
broken out rear window.....raining out...everyone has window up..its either busted out to break in and steal or broken..the precint I worked in was 1.2 square mile and one of the most crime riddled in all of NYC

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2018, 11:51:16 AM »
bottom line if you can ARTICULATE why you were stopping,that it was a legal stop,then charges will stick(as they did in this case) as to blocking him in and getting out....NYPD is blatantly against vehicle pursuits in bust city areas and the bosses will order and call off ALL Vehicle chases...so why give him a chance to run

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2018, 11:55:35 AM »

This cat is always in charge!  

werewolf operative

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2018, 12:43:07 PM »

Do you really have to ask? ;D

be back

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2018, 12:57:13 PM »
Say there's a major crime or incident. Local police turn up, then county police turn up then state police, then here come the FBI, then the CIA, the DEA and finally the secret service.
Who exactly is in charge of such a cluster fuck? Is it the FBI?
the one who shouts loudest...

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2018, 01:01:21 PM »
the one who shouts loudest...

So Lady Gaga is in charge then???  ;D
Q

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2018, 03:03:42 PM »
bottom line if you can ARTICULATE why you were stopping,that it was a legal stop,then charges will stick(as they did in this case) as to blocking him in and getting out....NYPD is blatantly against vehicle pursuits in bust city areas and the bosses will order and call off ALL Vehicle chases...so why give him a chance to run

Still spunds like fruits from a poison tree. I'd expect a decent lawyer to argue there was no cause for a stop since you didn't run the plates beforehand.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2018, 03:09:03 PM »
Lol
https://jalopnik.com/stupid-bmw-driver-takes-off-after-giving-police-all-of-1822374111

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2018, 04:50:56 PM »
Still spunds like fruits from a poison tree. I'd expect a decent lawyer to argue there was no cause for a stop since you didn't run the plates beforehand.
you watch too much TV....broken rear small window raises reasonable suspicion for stop & question..probable cause raised once steering column is seen busted and screwdriver sticking out of ignition....not my first rodeo,was in plainclothes because of my arrest skills..17 year career over 500 felony arrests....not one of those cases was thrown out for illegal evidence(fruits of poisonous tree)...majority were plea bargained as thats what they do in the bronx

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2018, 04:54:15 PM »
Is this a joke?! CIA is not a law enforcement agency in any way, shape or form.

Never said they were, but if it is in their interest no one gets in their way. Basically they are above the law.

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2018, 04:59:26 PM »
Lol
https://jalopnik.com/stupid-bmw-driver-takes-off-after-giving-police-all-of-1822374111
saw that...not smart to give the cops youre documents then flee....why not wait for cops to get out of car first time,once boots on ground take off..I mean thats what i would do if I was a criminal LOL

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2018, 05:39:21 PM »
Did somebody call the cops?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2018, 05:59:55 PM »
Here's one for you. The game warden is allowed on your property to search with out a warrant.

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2018, 06:23:43 PM »
Here's one for you. The game warden is allowed on your property to search with out a warrant.
In NYS-dept of Environmental Police(game warden) have more extensive search and seizure rules(can do more) than sworn Police officers..not sure of other states

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2018, 06:27:44 PM »
In NYS-dept of Environmental Police(game warden) have more extensive search and seizure rules(can do more) than sworn Police officers..not sure of other states

I'm guessing just about everywhere. The Supreme Court has upheld this standing before.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2018, 06:32:30 PM »
Say there's a major crime or incident. Local police turn up, then county police turn up then state police, then here come the FBI, then the CIA, the DEA and finally the secret service.
Who exactly is in charge of such a cluster fuck? Is it the FBI?

This will answer your question

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2018, 06:35:37 PM »
So my friends friend is a game warden. He told him once he was on this guys land. The guy had hundreds of acres. He said that the owner caught him and the guy had a shot gun in his hands. He said he was alone and the guy was like WTF are you doing on my land. He said he was trying his best not to act scared and after telling the guy who he was and why he was there the land owner calmed down somewhat. He said one thing for sure was if that guy would have killed me they probably never would have found me.  ;D

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2018, 06:07:47 AM »
you watch too much TV....broken rear small window raises reasonable suspicion for stop & question..probable cause raised once steering column is seen busted and screwdriver sticking out of ignition....not my first rodeo,was in plainclothes because of my arrest skills..17 year career over 500 felony arrests....not one of those cases was thrown out for illegal evidence(fruits of poisonous tree)...majority were plea bargained as thats what they do in the bronx

17? Did u get 3/4s?

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2018, 06:09:27 AM »
Never said they were, but if it is in their interest no one gets in their way. Basically they are above the law.

Not really but it makes for good movies and TV shows.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »

I don't watch any tv actually. When it comes to arrests and such, I speak from experience. Apparently you don't know who I am.

I still don't see how the rear window being gone would be reasonable suspicion. If it weren't for that, you'd never see the screw driver snd such.

I'm no doubting you did it. Id expect a decent lawyer to have it thrown out. I'm assuming the guy had a PD and plea bargained 99% of his cases.

be back

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2018, 01:35:37 PM »
I don't watch any tv actually. When it comes to arrests and such, I speak from experience. Apparently you don't know who I am.

I still don't see how the rear window being gone would be reasonable suspicion. If it weren't for that, you'd never see the screw driver snd such.

I'm no doubting you did it. Id expect a decent lawyer to have it thrown out. I'm assuming the guy had a PD and plea bargained 99% of his cases.

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2018, 03:19:55 PM »
17? Did u get 3/4s?
yes,saving a little girl-damage to arm