Author Topic: Journalist kept quiet about photo of Obama with Nation of Islam leader  (Read 786 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
A long-hidden photo of then-Illinois Sen. Barack Obama posing at a congressional caucus meeting with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan was revealed Thursday — roughly 13 years after it was taken.

The journalist who snapped the pair at a Congressional Black Caucus meeting in 2005, Askia Muhammad, told the Trice Edney News Wire that he “gave the picture up at the time and basically swore secrecy” out of concern that it could have “made a difference” and damaged Obama’s political future.

“After the nomination was secured and all the way up until the inauguration; then for eight years after he was president, it was kept under cover,” Muhammad said. “It absolutely would have made a difference.”

Muhammad on Thursday said a “staff member” for the CBC contacted him “sort of in a panic” after he took the photo.

“I sort of understood what was going on,” Muhammad told the website Talking Points Memo, which published the photo Thursday.

“I promised and made arrangements to give the picture to Leonard Farrakhan,” the minister’s son-in-law and chief of staff.

He said he gave away “the disk” from his camera but “copied the photograph from that day onto a [computer] file.”

“Realizing that I had given it up, I mean, it was sort of like a promise to keep the photograph secret,” Muhammad said.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/25/journalist-kept-quiet-about-photo-of-obama-with-nation-of-islam-leader/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Journalist kept quiet about photo of Obama with Nation of Islam leader
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 12:30:18 AM »
Like this is a surprise ?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 07:07:09 AM »
Would have made zero difference

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 09:57:02 AM »
Would have made zero difference

Agree. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 01:15:37 PM »
The CBC knew better than to allow that photo to be released in 2005. 

It's all about the, "By any means necessary."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 01:29:36 PM »
 :D

I far more disturbed by this one  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 02:40:03 PM »
After Obama-Farrakhan Photo Bombshell, New Footage Emerges Of Democrats Hugging Nation Of Islam Leader
BENNY JOHNSON
Reporter At Large
01/30/2018
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/30/democrats-louis-farrakhan-photos/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 02:41:38 PM »
 :o

Alan Dershowitz Says He Wouldn’t Have Campaigned For Obama If He Saw Farrakhan Photo [VIDEO]

JUSTIN CARUSO
Media Reporter
01/27/2018

Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz appeared on Fox News Saturday and said that had he seen the photo of Barack Obama and Louis Farrakhan he wouldn’t have campaigned for him.

“Louis Farrakhan is a virulent anti-Semite,” Dershowitz told “Fox & Friends.”

“He’s called Judaism a gutter religion. He’s anti-American. He is a horrible, horrible human being. And, if I had known that the president had posed smilingly with him when he was a senator, I would not have campaigned for Barack Obama. It would have influenced my decision. Look, I threatened to leave the Democratic Party if Keith Ellison were elected as chairman because of his association with Farrakhan.” (RELATED: Dershowitz: Mueller Has A ‘Credibility Problem’ [VIDEO])

He continued, “You don’t associate with a bigot. You don’t associate with an anti-Semite. There should be zero tolerance for that kind of bigotry. And if Barack Obama associated with him, if the Black Caucus invited him, that’s–I don’t blame them for trying to suppress the truth–because that’s a really horrible truth. We should have nobody in public office associating with a bigot like the Reverend Farrakhan.”

A photo emerged this week of former President Barack Obama with Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the anti-Semitic, black nationalist Nation of Islam.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/27/dershowitz-obama-farrakhan/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 03:11:14 PM »

Alan Dershowitz Says He Wouldn’t Have Campaigned For Obama If He Saw Farrakhan Photo [VIDEO]

JUSTIN CARUSO
Media Reporter
01/27/2018

Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz appeared on Fox News Saturday and said that had he seen the photo of Barack Obama and Louis Farrakhan he wouldn’t have campaigned for him.

“He’s called Judaism a gutter religion. He’s anti-American. He is a horrible, horrible human being. And, if I had known that the president had posed smilingly with him when he was a senator, I would not have campaigned for Barack Obama. It would have influenced my decision. Look, I threatened to leave the Democratic Party if Keith Ellison were elected as chairman because of his association with Farrakhan.” (RELATED: Dershowitz: Mueller Has A ‘Credibility Problem’ [VIDEO])

He continued, “You don’t associate with a bigot. You don’t associate with an anti-Semite. There should be zero tolerance for that kind of bigotry. And if Barack Obama associated with him, if the Black Caucus invited him, that’s–I don’t blame them for trying to suppress the truth–because that’s a really horrible truth. We should have nobody in public office associating with a bigot like the Reverend Farrakhan.”

A photo emerged this week of former President Barack Obama with Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the anti-Semitic, black nationalist Nation of Islam.

Apparently, it would not have made zero difference after all.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 03:20:05 PM »
Apparently, it would not have made zero difference after all.

Yes would have made a difference.  I don't think it would have changed the ultimate outcome though.  Remember it was McCain running a lousy campaign, the economic meltdown, etc. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 06:24:44 PM »
I'm more surprised about farakahns son in law taking his name. What a beta.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 06:29:09 PM »
I'm more surprised about farakahns son in law taking his name. What a beta.
Or a political move....stepping into his father in laws racially motivated hate crime shoes.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 05:17:28 AM »
Oh FNG please - it was so apparent and obvious who Ovomit was all along.  Dershowitz is full of it. 

JUSTIN CARUSO
Media Reporter
01/27/2018

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 07:12:08 AM »
Oh FNG please - it was so apparent and obvious who Ovomit was all along.  Dershowitz is full of it. 

Obama has never wanted anything to do with the Nation of Islam especially since he eats pork and drinks however the picture would have been taken out of context by his opponents and you know it
A