Author Topic: Financing small purchases  (Read 3800 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Financing small purchases
« on: January 28, 2018, 11:30:48 AM »
I was getting a mattress the other day at Sleepys and noticed they had all of these signs for financing and low payments of $39 month blah blah. Anyway, I started to think about it and had a thought. That these type of stores are more than likely made by big financiers who are just looking to make interest on money. There's no way that matresses are that big a business but these stores are now on every corner like a 7-11 or something. Shit, I bought a Peleton bike and paid in full but they too had payment plans that would have you paying almost double for the thing. It seems everything out there is looking to try and force you into being some sort of debt slave. When did this shit happen? ???

be back

Re: Financing small purchases
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 11:33:02 AM »
I was getting a mattress the other day at Sleepys and noticed they had all of these signs for financing and low payments of $39 month blah blah. Anyway, I started to think about it and had a thought. That these type of stores are more than likely made by big financiers who are just looking to make interest on money. There's no way that matresses are that big a business but these stores are now on every corner like a 7-11 or something. Shit, I bought a Peleton bike and paid in full but they too had payment plans that would have you paying almost double for the thing. It seems everything out there is looking to try and force you into being some sort of debt slave. When did this shit happen? ???

nope, they offer it and greed gets the better of you...

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:37:47 AM »
maybe there's a "how to get people to pay double!"-manual out there

be back

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 11:40:22 AM »
maybe there's a "how to get people to pay double!"-manual out there

its called a designer label.....

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 11:43:14 AM »
They have a few stores in the uk dedicated to this they sell tellys/electronics and couches and furniture on pay weekly with massive interest rates, they target people on the dole who just see the chance to own a big flat screen telly or a nice new couch and not realise they are paying back a fortune and the item is overpriced before the extortionate interest rates

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 11:56:21 AM »
I always use the stores zero financing offer. It’s a sweet deal.
Either one year, or somtimes two years instrest free. I have not paid
One penny in instrest in over 10 years. (Except for the house)

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 11:57:34 AM »
watch some dave ramsey videos

he will become your best friend

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 12:04:54 PM »

$39 for how many months compared to buying outright?
T

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 12:14:54 PM »
0% is fine.... just pay ahead and pay off a month early..... Dave Ramsey is ok to a point.....  i'm not a fan of having a boatload of cash and investments at 50 years old..... wanting to have gone on vacations or finally buy a Camaro or something... and be told not to... just in case you need $$ bc of some emergency...  spend half... enjoy before your number is called.. save the rest for your emergency..... too many friends and family bit it before 60 years old..... always saying how they're gonna go places and have their "retirement car"....   all they got was a box...

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 12:21:39 PM »
0% is fine.... just pay ahead and pay off a month early..... Dave Ramsey is ok to a point.....  i'm not a fan of having a boatload of cash and investments at 50 years old..... wanting to have gone on vacations or finally buy a Camaro or something... and be told not to... just in case you need $$ bc of some emergency...  spend half... enjoy before your number is called.. save the rest for your emergency..... too many friends and family bit it before 60 years old..... always saying how they're gonna go places and have their "retirement car"....   all they got was a box...

but what a box though they can afford!

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 12:49:42 PM »
but what a box though they can afford!

;D

Nice box though

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 12:55:20 PM »
They have a few stores in the uk dedicated to this they sell tellys/electronics and couches and furniture on pay weekly with massive interest rates, they target people on the dole who just see the chance to own a big flat screen telly or a nice new couch and not realise they are paying back a fortune and the item is overpriced before the extortionate interest rates

Brighthouse is the worst for this. Selling TV's and stuff at 1000% interest over 3 years.  Funny thing is, when the Panama papers were hacked it turned out that the Queen has money invested in a fund that owns Brighthouse. So she is making tax free profits from her own poor people.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 12:59:13 PM »
When I buy a car I never finance but buy it outright. It's unbelievable the hassle they give me trying to do that. It's always they will give me the price I want if I finance. They always throw in you can pay off the entire balance in a month.  Just wondered what is their motivation besides the obvious that they get commissions on financing. In the end I get my way with paying every penny of the car prior to driving it off the dealer's lot.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 12:59:24 PM »
Brighthouse is the worst for this. Selling TV's and stuff at 1000% interest over 3 years.  Funny thing is, when the Panama papers were hacked it turned out that the Queen has money invested in a fund that owns Brighthouse. So she is making tax free profits from her own poor people.

Stfu about the queen you loser. She was not aware of this you tosser.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 01:03:57 PM »

Let me quess, let me quess.....PAKI'S right? Right? PAKI'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

be back

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 01:04:18 PM »
Stfu about the queen you loser. She was not aware of this you tosser.

did she give all the money back she made?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 01:04:45 PM »
When I buy a car I never finance but buy it outright. It's unbelievable the hassle they give me trying to do that. It's always they will give me the price I want if I finance. They always throw in you can pay off the entire balance in a month.  Just wondered what is their motivation besides the obvious that they get commissions on financing. In the end I get my way with paying every penny of the car prior to driving it off the dealer's lot.

That’s the one I was thinking of, think they target the worse shithole areas Blyth has one in the market square, Blyth was once and probably still is one of the drugs capitals of the north perfect place full of poor fuckers that cannit afford owt and will flock to a store like this

be back

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 01:05:17 PM »
they work in corner shops...

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 01:07:31 PM »
did she give all the money back she made?

Blasphemy!
None of youre business, peasant!

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2018, 01:08:19 PM »
how dare this 'be back' insult the queen? has he no shame?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »

Where I live the few pakis around are the corner shop owners so mostly white English haha there’s some right lazy cu nts around here whole family’s been on dole whole adult lives

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »
Where I live the few pakis around are the corner shop owners so mostly white English haha there’s some right lazy cu nts around here whole family’s been on dole whole adult lives

Must be relaxing though! Just hanging around doing nothing just because you can.
Not a care in  the world.
I BET THEY DONT TAKE SHITS IN THE BACK OF THEIRE VANS! OH NO THEY DONT.

be back

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2018, 01:12:24 PM »
Explain yourself Sir.
What do you mean?

Lots of people from Pakistan own shops in the UK...

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2018, 01:12:47 PM »
how dare this 'be back' insult the queen? has he no shame?

Exactly. Stooped to new lows be has.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2018, 01:13:31 PM »
Lots of people from Pakistan own shops in the UK...

Thanks. So not many are unemployed?