Author Topic: ideas for tuna  (Read 5178 times)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
ideas for tuna
« on: April 11, 2006, 08:46:26 PM »
I have completely run out, and tuna is getting hard to swallow these days.  Just curious about some bodybuilding-friendly additions to tuna that taste ok.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: ideas for tuna
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 08:42:48 AM »
Mix tuna with red jalapeno sauce or buffalo wing sauce.  I call the mixture "Road Kill."  Look for a hot sauce that (1) has 0 or extremely low calories and (2) is more flavorable/sweet than hot (you don't want to rot out your stomach lining.

FlexGuns

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »
mix the tuna with fat free mayo and some mustard and add some fat free cheese. The cheese is high in protein and it makes the tuna taste a little better. Or instead of eating tuna all the time, go get some tuna sashimi at a Fish Market

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 09:23:03 AM »
I have a decent recipe that you have to cook so not necessarily the easiest.  

about 1 cupRaw fresh veggies in small pieces (carrots, peppers, onions, broccoli,  
                 cauliflower...whatever you have on hand)
1 T. Olive Oil
1 t. Balsamic Vinegar
1 can tuna-drained
2-3 Egg whites
spices (oregano, parsley flakes, onion/garlic powder, dill, thyme-again whatever you have)

Mix everything in a bowl until coagulated...you may need another egg white or less veggies.  Then I preheat a medium skillet on med-high, spray with Pam and mash it out on the skillet.  Cover it for 3-4 minutes then uncover and fry on each side.  You can't really taste the veggies-which I think is a good thing-and the tuna taste is not prevalent.

Some easier additions I make: pickles or pepperconies.  
Salt and pepper, a little balsamic vinegar.    
Jennifer

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 10:29:58 AM »
Flex, no offense but mayonnaise (even low fact) is a bad idea for any bodybuilder.  Mayonaisse reportedly contains a class of chemicals known as parabens which affect your body like estrogen does. Parabens bind to estrogen receptors in the body which results in effects to the body similiar to estrogen.

Say No to Mayo.

youngguns

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 11:12:21 AM »
Plain yogart is a decent sub. for mayo.
I don't care for it but my brother eats his tuna mixed with cottage cheese.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 11:51:37 AM »
I have completely run out, and tuna is getting hard to swallow these days.  Just curious about some bodybuilding-friendly additions to tuna that taste ok.

Gottastayfit

• Getbig II
  • Obsessed is how the lazy describe the dedicated.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 05:42:00 AM »
Albacore with 2 boiled eggs, half of one yolk, mustard, relish... mix it up! I don't know about you guys but tuna is a tough one to stomach, canned chicken isn't too bad.
Patricia

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 03:24:45 AM »
Flex, no offense but mayonnaise (even low fact) is a bad idea for any bodybuilder.  Mayonaisse reportedly contains a class of chemicals known as parabens which affect your body like estrogen does. Parabens bind to estrogen receptors in the body which results in effects to the body similiar to estrogen.

Say No to Mayo.

lol do you know what mayo is?

egg yolks and oil my friend. so you're either talking about low fat specifically otherwise you've heard wrong.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 08:33:31 AM »

Say No to Mayo.

HAHAHAHAHA..... Tuna for PCT.......BWHHAHAHAHA
Giving 110%

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 09:24:17 AM »
Yeah, I guess I should listen to you rather than those ridiculous scientific studies and advice of qualified nutritionists. Do your research and I guarantee you won't touch mayo with a ten foot pole.  By the way, the "oil" which you refer to happens to be "soybean oil" and soy happens to have a checkered past in itself.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 09:39:56 AM »
Yeah he's right about the low fatmayo,same goes for licorice candy.

Try BBQ sauce also. kc masterpiece is pretty good.

AMNIMAL

• Getbig II
  • IRON addict for LIFE
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 06:28:55 AM »
If sodium is not an issue for you banana peppers help cover the tuna taste or at least give it a little different flavor.

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 03:02:25 PM »
lol do you know what mayo is?

egg yolks and oil my friend. so you're either talking about low fat specifically otherwise you've heard wrong.

I haven't been in the bb'ing scene for long enough to say that somebody is right and somebody else is wrong or whatever, but mayo does contain soy. And soy has been known to increase estrogen levels, although I don't think there have been enough conclusive studies on it. So maybe that is where these parabens or whatever are coming from?
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 07:48:10 PM »
Just put a spoon full of tuna in and wash it down with water.  Its that easy.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 07:50:48 PM »
Just put a spoon full of tuna in and wash it down with water.  Its that easy.

Yeah but have you ever tried the Dave Draper "nothing but water and tuna for three days" diet?  I tried it once before taking some pictures and I could not make it for three days.  Got to about the middle of the second day and I just about threw up.

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 08:31:01 PM »

i always eat my tuna straight from the can  while at the same time eatin a chocolate bar or slurpin a chocolate drink.

they go together well ....

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 09:31:30 PM »
i always eat my tuna straight from the can  while at the same time eatin a chocolate bar or slurpin a chocolate drink.

they go together well ....

isn't it funny how after you've force-fed yourself massive amounts of food, tasty morsels or not, popped huge multi-vit/mineral tablets into your mouth 2-3 times a day, and mixed supplement powders that taste like dirt into your shakes, the 'ol gag reflex thing just kind of never happens anymore? i remember eating spoonfuls of creatine powder, the stuff that didn't dissolve in water, back in high school and gagging every time. when i was 16, my older brother and i split the cost of some weider mega mass vanilla weight gainer powder and he took it down alright, but i threw the whole thing up all over the kitchen floor. i didn't touch that stuff again until i was 20. but by that time they had made them taste a lot better. and they're even better now.

tuna: i guess i haven't been eating it long enough to really hate the taste. but low-fat mayo is what i usually mix it with even with the soy/estrogen thing.
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 11:59:28 PM »
no one does tuna patties?
bodybuildersreality.com

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 06:14:27 PM »
Deep Tissue Massage

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 06:52:46 PM »
Yeah, I guess I should listen to you rather than those ridiculous scientific studies and advice of qualified nutritionists. Do your research and I guarantee you won't touch mayo with a ten foot pole.  By the way, the "oil" which you refer to happens to be "soybean oil" and soy happens to have a checkered past in itself.

Do you honestly believe the small amount of mayo someone might use will make that much difference?  If that's the case, then boys, you best avoid everything on this list.

Soaps and toothpastes                 
Shampoos and conditioners             
Hair-styling and skin-care products 
Antiperspirants and deodorants       
Moisturizing lotions and creams     
Eye, ear and nose drops                   
Bandages                             
Local anesthetics                     
Sunscreens
Baked goods and candy
Mustard
Spiced sauces
Processed vegetables 
Soft drinks and fruit juices
Frozen dairy products
Jams and jellies
:

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 06:34:43 AM »

Do you honestly believe the small amount of mayo someone might use will make that much difference?  If that's the case, then boys, you best avoid everything on this list.

Soaps and toothpastes                 
Shampoos and conditioners             
Hair-styling and skin-care products 
Antiperspirants and deodorants       
Moisturizing lotions and creams     
Eye, ear and nose drops                   
Bandages   

Local anesthetics                     
Sunscreens
Baked goods and candy
Mustard
Spiced sauces
Processed vegetables 
Soft drinks and fruit juices
Frozen dairy products
Jams and jellies

The above is a grossly overbroad statement.  CERTAIN of those products do contain parabens.  In fact, I think it was Muscle and Fitness that in the last few months identified the specific chemicals to look for on labels and to remove those products from your shelves.  Chemical accumulation in the body is a cumulative process, and if not eating something something like mayo, or avoiding a certain poduct helps avoid the accumulation of those chemicals, it makes good sense to do so.  The poster wanted advice on what to mix with Tuna.  Mayo, even low fat mayo is simply bad advice when there are healthier alternatives.

TrophyWife

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2006, 09:24:05 AM »
I've been mixing tuna with fresh Dill and Fat Free Yogurt(organic). Not bad

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2006, 12:19:15 PM »
Yeah but have you ever tried the Dave Draper "nothing but water and tuna for three days" diet?  I tried it once before taking some pictures and I could not make it for three days.  Got to about the middle of the second day and I just about threw up.

Yes I have.  Tony Pearson and Ken Waller had me on it.  We would go out to lunch and while they ate everything I had two cans of tuna in my bag.  Order some plain lettuce and go to town.  I did this for along time.  I ate on off days though.  I bet when I was doing this I had maybe 100 cans of tuna a month

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »
Yes I have.  Tony Pearson and Ken Waller had me on it.  We would go out to lunch and while they ate everything I had two cans of tuna in my bag.  Order some plain lettuce and go to town.  I did this for along time.  I ate on off days though.  I bet when I was doing this I had maybe 100 cans of tuna a month

onlyme, do you think there's anything to this diet?  Like Draper says in his book, it does seem a bit radical by today's standards.  It's actually more extreme than the Atkins diet, ketogenically speaking, but without any of the fat.  I actually made it to lunch on the third day and I couldn't take it anymore.  Obviously this isn't the type of diet that would produce long-term results, but do you think it is effective?