Author Topic: Stock market fear/greed indicator  (Read 11594 times)

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Stock market fear/greed indicator
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2018, 03:42:00 PM »
Just a typical market correction that always comes after a run like the one we just had. When you over value something,the market given time will always correct it. welcome to capitalism, I don't see much value you there yet, I think the majority of stocks are still well over valued.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2018, 03:43:09 PM »
Well, at least you are correct about blipcoins.

You cannot change 5000+ years of monetary history.  I know you would like to, but you can't.

If gold is worthless than why do banks and governments hoard gold?

History is history. The future is the future. I have no desire to change history. I do try to predict the future as best I can. If you go back enough in history you will see that people also traded feathers, rocks, bones, skulls etc as currency also...

Some banks and Government hoard gold, some sell it off. Same with BTC.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2018, 03:52:47 PM »
History is history. The future is the future. I have no desire to change history. I do try to predict the future as best I can. If you go back enough in history you will see that people also traded feathers, rocks, bones, skulls etc as currency also...

Some banks and Government hoard gold, some sell it off. Same with BTC.

If gold is worthless why did you buy it after selling your blips?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2018, 03:57:54 PM »
That was 4 years ago, not 10 years ago.  Any trader knows that markets can remain irrational for a very long time, especially since the algos now control most of the trading.  After a while, reality sets in.  

I started buying gold in 2002.  Go look at what the price was then.  You act like this is the only asset I own! - lol  I added heavily to my gold and silver positions in 2016 and 2017 in anticipation of the market turmoil that is coming.  

For every incorrect call I've made, I could find 100's of yours.  I walk my talk and stick to my beliefs, but you are totally disingenuous pump and dumper.  

Yes, you have certainly had your share of humdingers Mr A. I state facts, not made up quotes. Below are a few more beauties...

If you own AAPL stock, you better sell it now ....  It's gonna go down.  When it does, it will take the entire stock market with it too.

The stock market is finished this year.  2015 will be the year of reckoning.  

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2018, 04:00:28 PM »
Just a typical market correction that always comes after a run like the one we just had. When you over value something,the market given time will always correct it. welcome to capitalism, I don't see much value you there yet, I think the majority of stocks are still well over valued.

Buy a huge margin.  

The market needs to drop significantly before it gets anywhere close to fair value.  It will happen, but it could take months or even years.  Better to be several years early than 1 second late.  I still have a few long position in the DOW and S&P.  No one should ever go "all-in" to any investment or asset class.  That is just plain dumb.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2018, 04:02:16 PM »
If gold is worthless why did you buy it after selling your blips?

I explained it before -its in the BTC 5000 thread. Also please stop misquoting me - I said gold cannot be valued (not that its worthless, although yes, to make a point, gold is as "worthless" as BTC (and again I have explained this many times).

Suggest we keep this thread to equities, although its probably inevitable that the discussion will also expand to include bonds, gold, and BTC (which again, by the way, is a phenomenon which in itself shows the legitimization of BTC as a store of value).

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2018, 04:04:55 PM »
Buy a huge margin.  

The market needs to drop significantly before it gets anywhere close to fair value.  It will happen, but it could take months or even years. 

I see. So its not this week after all, or even this month, but it could take years. Thank you for this insight :)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2018, 04:07:59 PM »
You have certainly had your share of humdingers Mr A. I state facts, not made up quotes. Below are a few more beauties...

And I'm sure you'll keep digging for them too.  Look at all the time you are spending on me to try and debunk me... I'm flattered!

Like I've said, markets can be irrational a LOT longer than I or anyone can imagine.  This market has been propped up and phony since 2009.  All because the Fed pumped trillions of dollars into it.  

I don't have the time to weed through all your threads to find all the asinine things you've posted.  I already posted most of your 'greatest hits' in your "Blips to 100K, then 1 million" thread.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2018, 04:08:56 PM »
I see. So its not this week after all, or even this month, but it could take years. Thank you for this insight :)

In 2018-2019... yes.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2018, 04:11:43 PM »
I explained it before -its in the BTC 5000 thread. Also please stop misquoting me - I said gold cannot be valued (not that its worthless, although yes, to make a point, gold is as "worthless" as BTC (and again I have explained this many times).

Suggest we keep this thread to equities, although its probably inevitable that the discussion will also expand to include bonds, gold, and BTC (which again, by the way, is a phenomenon which in itself shows the legitimization of BTC as a store of value).

You said gold was worthless many times.  Stop lying.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2018, 04:19:13 PM »
Mr. Anabolic, Are you one of those 'doom and gloom' pessimistic types?

The market is always about to crash.

"Just RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!"

Now is always a good time to load up on bottled water, ammunition and gold?

Sell on apple in 2012? That was terrible advice.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2018, 04:21:08 PM »
And I'm sure you'll keep digging for them too.

AAPL took some big dives after I posted that comment.    

Lol - yes, digging is all part of the fun :) - but its also because I cannot tolerate factually incorrect statements and I do like holding those who make them accountable. But its all good -  I am toying with you - I appreciate the discussion and I do agree with you that on many historical metrics US stocks are overvalued (but not all - eg yield ratio above cost of borrowing). Bear in mind also that some rations like CAPE are heavily skewed by 2008/2009. But overall, I am being cautious too, holding only stock that I see true value in and also am positioned to buy big on a correction. Indeed I would be happy to see a correction.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2018, 04:25:04 PM »
Mr. Anabolic, Are you one of those 'doom and gloom' pessimistic types?

Over the past couple years... yes. 

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2018, 04:26:08 PM »
I already posted most of your 'greatest hits' in your "Blips to 100K, then 1 million" thread.

This is not my quote, but rather it is your (mis)quote of mine. But the irony of this is that this quote of yours is one that one day might actually be correct! And oh wouldn't that be a nice irony to occur...!

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2018, 04:28:14 PM »
Over the past couple years... yes. 

"Past couple" of years including 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, which just happens to coincide with period during which we had one of the largest bull runs in US history... :)

Again, facts, and reality - not misquotes.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2018, 04:31:26 PM »
Lol - yes, digging is all part of the fun :) - but its also because I cannot tolerate factually incorrect statements and I do like holding those who make them accountable. But its all good -  I am toying with you - I appreciate the discussion and I do agree with you that on many historical metrics US stocks are overvalued (but not all - eg yield ratio above cost of borrowing). Bear in mind also that some rations like CAPE are heavily skewed by 2008/2009. But overall, I am being cautious too, holding only stock that I see true value in and also am positioned to buy big on a correction. Indeed I would be happy to see a correction.

Incorrect statements like:  "Blips to 100K and then 1 million"?  Then you sell blipcos and buy gold?  lol    

Accountability only applies to others, not you.  We get it.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2018, 04:32:39 PM »
And so now I am supposed to sell out of my investments into some of the greatest companies this world has ever seen?

All for a piece of fucking metal that just sits there and doesn't do shit?

No thank you. I would rather invest my money into all my brothers and sisters out there waking up at 6 am and kicking ass on a daily basis making this economy tick.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2018, 04:33:11 PM »
"Past couple" of years including 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, which just happens to coincide with period during which we had one of the largest bull runs in US history... :)

Again, facts, and reality - not misquotes.

I've held stocks for all those years.  What the hell are you going on and on about?

Oh, and I am definitely a "prepper".  I don't deny that.  Nothing wrong with being prepared.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2018, 04:35:17 PM »
And so now I am supposed to sell out of my investments into some of the greatest companies this world has ever seen?

All for a piece of fucking metal that just sits there and doesn't do shit?

No thank you. I would rather invest my money into all my brothers and sisters out there waking up at 6 am and kicking ass on a daily basis making this economy tick.

Fantastic.  You are free to do whatever your little heart desires.  Good luck to you.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2018, 04:43:46 PM »
Fantastic.  You are free to do whatever your little heart desires.  Good luck to you.

Exactly.

And my heart desires investing in the future of this country.

Apple. Exxon. Berkshire Hathaway. CVS. General Motors. Amazon. Samsung. Chevron.

Is the possibility that I could have a few silver, gold and platinum coins lying around in my safe at some point? Yes.

But certainly not to impress some people on a internet forum and certainly not in under the guise of wise financial proceedings.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2018, 05:07:26 PM »
Yes, you have certainly had your share of humdingers Mr A. I state facts, not made up quotes. Below are a few more beauties...

Yikes! That's pretty bad.  From the date he said that till now, the S&P 500 is up 45%, Nasdaq 76%, Gold 7.7%.  If you sold Apple when he said, you missed out on a 105% return.  Brutal.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2018, 05:11:43 PM »
Exactly.

And my heart desires investing in the future of this country.

Apple. Exxon. Berkshire Hathaway. CVS. General Motors. Amazon. Samsung. Chevron.

Is the possibility that I could have a few silver, gold and platinum coins lying around in my safe at some point? Yes.

But certainly not to impress some people on a internet forum and certainly not in under the guise of wise financial proceedings.

You sound a bit naïve, but I guess ignorance really is bliss.    

The stock and financial markets have been propped up since March 2009 (QE1, QE2, QE3 and many more liquidity injections).  Without that the market would have gone down even further back then.  It would've been painful for a while, but things would have recovered in a natural way and we would have a strong economy for real now, not some phony economy and stock market propped up with money created out of thin air and stock buy-backs.  

Our government lies about many things, especially the economic stats they report.  I could post pages and pages of documents, articles, graphs etc. to prove all this, but it would take too much time.  Even if I did post all that stuff, you probably wouldn't believe it anyway.  I'll leave it up to you... do your own research.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2018, 05:17:36 PM »
Yikes! That's pretty bad.  From the date he said that till now, the S&P 500 is up 45%, Nasdaq 76%, Gold 7.7%.  If you sold Apple when he said, you missed out on a 105% return.  Brutal.

And that’s not including the compounded value of dividends received as opposed to gold which pays none.

So it’s going to have to take one hellova correction to reverse that such that gold would have outperformed. Again, facts and reality, not fiction and misquotes ...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2018, 05:18:30 PM »
You sound a bit naïve, but I guess ignorance really is bliss.    

The stock and financial markets have been propped up since March 2009 (QE1, QE2, QE3 and many more liquidity injections).  Without that the market would have gone down even further back then.  It would've been painful for a while, but things would have recovered in a natural way and we would have a strong economy for real now, not some phony economy and stock market propped up with money created out of thin air and stock buy-backs.  

Our government lies about many things, especially the economic stats they report.  I could post pages and pages of documents, articles, graphs etc. to prove all this, but it would take too much time.  Even if I did post all that stuff, you probably wouldn't believe it anyway.  I'll leave it up to you... do your own research.

A bit naive??

I have detailed posts saying to start stacking the money down after Trump took the reins.

40% up on my investments since January of this year. (Yes I can document my post history to coincide with this)

I also bought Litecoin at 90 and sold at 310ish is for a quick 3.5 bagger and put that money into Ethereum at around the $400 mark, thereupon which i am upon holding as well. And by all means please look upon the post history.

I make myself and my posts VERY damn available so please do not come upon me with some bullshit because a simple post history search will prove upon u that I am the real deal my brotha.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2018, 05:19:05 PM »

Yeah, pretty bad huh?  Don't forget to figure in dollar devaluation and taxes.  

Those gains will evaporate like a fart in the wind in the coming market crash.  2008 was only a warm up.  This time the Fed will not be able to stop it.  

I wonder were you guys will be when all this comes to fruition?  Not posting on this thread, that's for sure.