Author Topic: lipid count after two years of "mostly vegan"  (Read 5678 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
lipid count after two years of "mostly vegan"
« on: February 10, 2018, 10:45:14 PM »
I'm not a strict vegan or anything, but I probably have meat and dairy only once a week (in any significant amount). I don't remember exactly when I switched, but it was several months after the first test (5/27/2015).

Thought I'd share in case anyone is interested.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: lipid count after two years of "mostly vegan"
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 11:23:13 PM »
I'm not a strict vegan or anything, but I probably have meat and dairy only once a week (in any significant amount). I don't remember exactly when I switched, but it was several months after the first test (5/27/2015).

Thought I'd share in case anyone is interested.

Sorry to hear about that  :(

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 12:37:23 AM »
better lipid profile before turning ''vegan'' ...so switch back

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 04:57:07 AM »
It's the sugar that causes all the problems, not the meat or the fat.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 05:30:49 AM »

And, even more precisely, the amount of sugar people eat.

The word "moderation" escapes most people when it comes to eating.
X

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 05:35:21 AM »
too many unaccounted variables for me to comment on. but your data proves to u to eat more of the dead
A

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 06:39:09 AM »

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 07:36:33 AM »
One "organic" cucumber too many and the Aids effect is setting in.

P.I.P.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 09:12:14 AM »
Vegan CHOL ...... WAY WAY WAY too low for optimal hormone function.... CHOL that low can lead to ED

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 09:35:20 AM »
Vegan CHOL ...... WAY WAY WAY too low for optimal hormone function.... CHOL that low can lead to ED
What do you think are good numbers?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 09:44:12 AM »
And, even more precisely, the amount of sugar people eat.

The word "moderation" escapes most people when it comes to eating.
I love me some sugartits!
I'm guilty of having too much sugar for sure. Need a 12 step program and some shock therapy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 09:44:29 AM »
How do you feel and how do you look is the most important thing, has your life improved since starting this diet?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 09:45:58 AM »
What do you think are good numbers?

Can read up on some stuff by Dr John Crisler... one of the top TRT/HRT guys in the country...

http://www.drjohncrisler.com/index.html

From what he's said... at least CHOL of > 150

CHOL is needed for all hormones in the body to function properly.... too low and its definitely not optimal

"Hormone Manufacturing

One of the most important jobs of cholesterol is to aide in the production of hormones. Cholesterol is stored in the adrenal glands, ovaries and the testes and is converted to steroid hormones. These steroid hormones perform other vital duties to help the body function properly. According to 3DChem.com, without steroid hormones we will have malfunctions with weight, sex, digestion, bone health and mental status.
Digestion

Cholesterol plays an important role in our body’s digestion. Cholesterol is used to help the liver create bile which aids us in digesting the food that we eat. Without the bile our bodies are unable to properly digest foods, especially fats. When the fat goes undigested it can get into the bloodstream and cause additional problems such as blockages of the arteries and cause heart attacks and heart disease.
Building Blocks

Cholesterol is a structural component of cells. Cholesterol along with polar lipids make up the structure of each and every cell in our bodies. Cholesterol is there to basically provide a protective barrier. When the amount of cholesterol increases or decreases, the cells are affected. This change can affect our ability to metabolize and produce energy. This can ultimately affect other aspects of our bodies' function such as food intake and digestion."

https://www.livestrong.com/article/29614-importance-cholesterol/

be back

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 09:49:01 AM »
How do you feel and how do you look is the most important thing, has your life improved since starting this diet?

I feel fine and look good and i eat whatever i like...works for me...

All this organic veg is just a fucking scam.

Everyone had to buy organic veg years ago because veg that had preservatives added was more expensive as it didnt go off, they have managed to market cheaper organic veg as better for you they charge you double and everyone fell for it.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 09:49:29 AM »

yep - cutting sugar has changed my skin and being more keto based the fats have improved my skin 10x

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 10:43:02 AM »
cutting sugar is the gayest thing ive ever heard since veganism

be back

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 11:31:16 AM »
cutting sugar is the gayest thing ive ever heard since veganism
latest fad of peace.....

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 12:14:09 PM »
Can read up on some stuff by Dr John Crisler... one of the top TRT/HRT guys in the country...

http://www.drjohncrisler.com/index.html

From what he's said... at least CHOL of > 150

CHOL is needed for all hormones in the body to function properly.... too low and its definitely not optimal

"Hormone Manufacturing

One of the most important jobs of cholesterol is to aide in the production of hormones. Cholesterol is stored in the adrenal glands, ovaries and the testes and is converted to steroid hormones. These steroid hormones perform other vital duties to help the body function properly. According to 3DChem.com, without steroid hormones we will have malfunctions with weight, sex, digestion, bone health and mental status.
Digestion

Cholesterol plays an important role in our body’s digestion. Cholesterol is used to help the liver create bile which aids us in digesting the food that we eat. Without the bile our bodies are unable to properly digest foods, especially fats. When the fat goes undigested it can get into the bloodstream and cause additional problems such as blockages of the arteries and cause heart attacks and heart disease.
Building Blocks

Cholesterol is a structural component of cells. Cholesterol along with polar lipids make up the structure of each and every cell in our bodies. Cholesterol is there to basically provide a protective barrier. When the amount of cholesterol increases or decreases, the cells are affected. This change can affect our ability to metabolize and produce energy. This can ultimately affect other aspects of our bodies' function such as food intake and digestion."

https://www.livestrong.com/article/29614-importance-cholesterol/

Crisler is the man. I’ve listened to many of his interviews, and he’s very knowledgeable.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 12:17:55 PM »
I wouldn't know how to eat purely vegan.  Describe breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sounds like it would get really boring quick.

be back

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2018, 12:19:22 PM »
I wouldn't know how to eat purely vegan.  Describe breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sounds like it would get really boring quick.
http://nutritionstudies.org/recipes/

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 04:11:20 PM »
I feel fine and look good and i eat whatever i like...works for me...

All this organic veg is just a fucking scam.

Everyone had to buy organic veg years ago because veg that had preservatives added was more expensive as it didnt go off, they have managed to market cheaper organic veg as better for you they charge you double and everyone fell for it.
If you feel good and look good thats great, hell Floyd Mayweather went 50-0 and that dude eats fuckin TacoBell and fast food everyday, and can train like a madman. But obviously OP must of had a reason to go vegan, so just interested in how it's changed his health/well being.
Organic I believe people buy it because they don't want to eat fruits and veggies with pesticides. Meats with hormones and antibiotics, however the healthiest foods are coincidentally the most expensive and the worst foods for you seem to be the cheapest. Weird stuff.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 04:40:07 PM »
If you feel good and look good thats great, hell Floyd Mayweather went 50-0 and that dude eats fuckin TacoBell and fast food everyday, and can train like a madman. But obviously OP must of had a reason to go vegan, so just interested in how it's changed his health/well being.
Organic I believe people buy it because they don't want to eat fruits and veggies with pesticides. Meats with hormones and antibiotics, however the healthiest foods are coincidentally the most expensive and the worst foods for you seem to be the cheapest. Weird stuff.

Organic produce is grown with pesticides. People are ignorant sheep when it comes to nutrition. They’re 50 pounds overweight yet they worry about whether something is organic or gluten-free while they’re eating their daily 1000 calorie surplus.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 05:14:54 PM »
Organic produce is grown with pesticides. People are ignorant sheep when it comes to nutrition. They’re 50 pounds overweight yet they worry about whether something is organic or gluten-free while they’re eating their daily 1000 calorie surplus.
Really? I thought there were no pesticides, either way, doesn't really make a difference to me, I live on a cruiseship and they are definitely not serving organic foods ;D One thing I will say is you can definitely taste the difference between grassfed beef and regular beef, also omega 3 eggs taste different then regular eggs.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 05:34:25 PM »
So does vegan mean eating no animal products but eating anything else you want?

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 12:33:01 AM »
Did you get your homocysteine levels measured before and after? That would be interesting to see.