Author Topic: Shawn Ray - The Breakdown - Generation Iron  (Read 4392 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Shawn Ray - The Breakdown - Generation Iron
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2018, 12:30:27 PM »
To go back on the original subject, theres no justifable reason for the unprofessionalism. You see Greg Valentino. That's his shtick. This is how we know him. I can tolerate him because I know what I'm getting. May seem hypocritical but really it's not. You don't see Greg and Shawn doing a show together because it doesn't work. Shawn goes with guys like Flex, Dan Solomon, Bob Chick etc. Oil and water don't mix and the fans feel the same way. Furthermore, why is this little girl hosting the show? From my perspective she brings nothing of value to it. Shawn is better off by himself if these are the options. Furthermore the guests and the hosts to put it plainly "don't know their shit." It makes it very awkward when teamed up with someone that does, Shawn in this case.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2018, 12:50:34 PM »
They'd be better off just doing a show with Shawn, the dynamic is terrible, the chick is hot but thats it, it's cringe worthy hearing her talk about "prep" or being pissed that the prize money for women is low. Shawn is a legend and also very knowlegable about the sport, the problem is that from what it seems like most people in the industry don't get along with him, so doing a "buddy" show with another pro probably wouldn't work either.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2018, 12:58:01 PM »
youre a fat old fossil
No one even knows who you are
Most thought u blew your brains out in the late 90s
Is your fat daughter still trying to be a singer?

Weak bro weak!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2018, 01:44:16 PM »
They'd be better off just doing a show with Shawn, the dynamic is terrible, the chick is hot but thats it, it's cringe worthy hearing her talk about "prep" or being pissed that the prize money for women is low. Shawn is a legend and also very knowlegable about the sport, the problem is that from what it seems like most people in the industry don't get along with him, so doing a "buddy" show with another pro probably wouldn't work either.

The first few episodes of the show were a blatant copy of another internet show called "Everyday Struggle" that was extremely popular last year. The  format, the look and even the descriptions of the hosts were basically a carbon copy. The appeal of that show was that one host (the Shawn role) was supposed to be the rabble rouser while the other two were the voices of reason. The biggest problem was that shawn was coming off as the voice of reason during most of the segments and the others were just coming off as unprepared, unprofessional and underqualified to weigh in.

I don't think the show would be better with just Shawn and I don't even think the girl is straight up terrible, but I do think people underestimate how much prep goes into creating watchable content. They get made fun of, but every youtuber who is successful approaches their videos with a notable level of professionalism. The idea of professionalism in broadcasting isn't just to be mindlessly uptight, a big part of it is conveying all of the information you want to get across in a way that is clear for your audience. It's a skill informed by preparation, it's not something you're  just good at because you're photogenic.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2018, 02:20:01 PM »
I've been on Nick's Strength and Power since he had a couple thousand people. He's doing a great job. I watch all his videos. Impressive for such a young guy especially.

He's like a less embarrassing Luimarco. Not bad but he tends to just make videos about anything and everything and really doesn't know all that much. But people like it so cool.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »
...the chick is hot but thats it

That's the point. It's Z-grade fishing for views. That's oftentimes the only reason girls are included at all. I'm not subscribed but I was scrolling through Generation Iron's vids a while back and there were some vid thumbnails with a girl literally spreading her asscheeks apart. Of course I clicked on it and nothing like that happened in the vid, surprised YT allowed it.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 05:30:52 AM »

You are into women now? Christ man, you fuck everything that walks!  :o

be back

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 02:28:14 PM »
You are into women now? Christ man, you fuck everything that walks!  :o

over compensation of peace...

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2018, 05:56:06 PM »
I've been on Nick's Strength and Power since he had a couple thousand people. He's doing a great job. I watch all his videos. Impressive for such a young guy especially.

Whats so impressive about his vids ? He makes a 3 min vid about a bodybuilder where he  just reads stuff  from wikipedia.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2018, 07:54:31 PM »
swearing is fine in expressive terms but for example Rich Piana (RIP) it started to bug me as swearing became his filler words.

filler words were 'ummm' which became the recent 'like' but become 'fuckn' for some types.

i dont like listening to 'fuckn' every 3rd word the same as i dont like listening to 'ummm'or 'like'every 3rd word. its not that its offensive but comes across uneducated.

If they want to be a celebrity, fine, learn to communicate properly as nobody wants to follow someone who sounds dumb.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 09:02:36 PM »
Cursing is Valentino's thing, I agree. Didn't Shawn co-host as a commentator for ESPN bodybuilding shows? I can't remember. He talks clearly and mixes up his past prep with other experiences. He just needs his own show, he's not afraid to speak with his mind which is what Bob won't do, Priest has been doing it for years, and that's what helped Piana as well.