Author Topic: Shawn Ray - The Breakdown - Generation Iron  (Read 4418 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Shawn Ray - The Breakdown - Generation Iron
« on: February 15, 2018, 05:45:05 AM »
I've never seen such a cringeworthy show. Here you have Shawn Ray, one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time. We'll spoken, knowledgeable in all things bodybuilding teamed up with some of the dumbest, moronic, foul mouthed idiots the internet has to offer. Cursing multiple times in every sentence, can't clearly articulate their thoughts and sound like they barely made it (and some cases didn't make it) through grade school.

Are you kidding me? This is a disservice to Shawn, how the hell can he tolerate these numb nuts, the host included. I try to listen but the host and whatever foreskin they bring on ruins it.

Get a new host! Get him new partners! Get people that know bodybuilding! Hell, I can do it with Shawn and itd be an Internet sensation GUARENTEED!

He deserves better than this! Btw, I love his strong and correct opinions on Classic Physique and the state of the open category. He was right in 96 and he's still right.

P.S. Still an asshole but one love anyway.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Shawn Ray - The Breakdown - Generation Iron
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 05:53:33 AM »
I've never seen such a cringeworthy show. Here you have Shawn Ray, one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time. We'll spoken, knowledgeable in all things bodybuilding teamed up with some of the dumbest, moronic, foul mouthed idiots the Internet has to offer. Cursing multiple times in every sentence, can't clearly articulate their thoughts and sounds like they barely made it and some cases didn't make it through grade school.

Are you kidding me? This is a disservice to Shawn, how the hell can he tolerate these numb nuts. The host included. I try to listen but the host and whatever foreskin they bring on ruins it.

Get a new host! Get him new partners! Get people that know bodybuilding! Hell, I can do with Shawn and itd be an Internet sensation GUARENTEED!

He deserves better than this! Btw, I love his strong and correct opinions on Classic Physique and the state of the open category. He was right in 96 and he's still right.

P.S. Still an asshole.
I agree. Ok. Shawn Ray, Dorian, Kevin, Phil Heath, Kai Green (separated from Phil), Brandon Martyn, and Dave Palumbo. Those could be your hosts.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 05:55:31 AM »
Unlikely that you would be a "sensation" at anything. Nothing in your past shows a predisposition to success. That being said, you still seem like a good guy.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 06:03:23 AM »
Unlikely that you would be a "sensation" at anything. Nothing in your past shows a predisposition to success. That being said, you still seem like a good guy.

Lolol. You sound like you're mad. It's ok though you don't know me.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 07:31:01 AM »

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 01:16:20 PM »
Last episode, not sure where all the cursing is?

Try watching more than one episode. We try to not sensor our Guests so they can speak freely and be themselves. If cursing is part of the way they communicate then so be it.
I suggest you stay away from R-Rated Feature Films, Rap Music and Night Clubs I’d Swear words cause you grief.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 01:18:51 PM »
The glaring lack of professionalism in the bodybuilding industry is more entertaining than the "sport" itself, nowadays.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 01:33:01 PM »
The glaring lack of professionalism in the bodybuilding industry is more entertaining than the "sport" itself, nowadays.

Maybe that's why a guy like Big Lenny is more likable and popular than Mr. Olympia.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 01:34:01 PM »
what if everytime they curse there's a BLEEP sound

and what if that BLEEP sound turns out the most interesting thing of the show

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 03:06:22 PM »

Try watching more than one episode. We try to not sensor our Guests so they can speak freely and be themselves. If cursing is part of the way they communicate then so be it.
I suggest you stay away from R-Rated Feature Films, Rap Music and Night Clubs I’d Swear words cause you grief.

Horrible reasoning. Talk shows traditionally aren't littered with foul language and incoherent morons...Unless that's the selling point. That's not the selling point on this show. Read the comment section and youll see many that echo my opinion.  R-Rated feature films, rap and night clubs, I excpect that. Your forum I dont. And my sample size is more than one show. Joe Weider would not be proud of this garbage. You know it and I know it. Stay classy and don't defend gutter behavior...asshole

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 05:28:35 PM »
Wiggs, how's Florida?

be back

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 12:56:30 AM »
Horrible reasoning. Talk shows traditionally aren't littered with foul language and incoherent morons...Unless that's the selling point. That's not the selling point on this show. Read the comment section and youll see many that echo my opinion.  R-Rated feature films, rap and night clubs, I excpect that. Your forum I dont. And my sample size is more than one show. Joe Weider would not be proud of this garbage. You know it and I know it. Stay classy and don't defend gutter behavior...asshole

parting shot of peace.... ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 01:34:26 AM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 01:44:57 AM »
Maybe that's why a guy like Big Lenny is more exploitable and popular than Mr. Olympia.
fixed that for you.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 06:16:24 AM »

Was there ever professionalism?

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 06:18:29 AM »
Spot on review, Wiggsly!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 05:06:49 PM »

youre a fat old fossil
No one even knows who you are
Most thought u blew your brains out in the late 90s
Is your fat daughter still trying to be a singer?
w

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2018, 03:09:46 AM »
parting shot of peace.... ;D
"Just stop swearing!...you fucking son of a bitch!"  ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 04:44:54 AM »
"Just stop swearing!...you fucking son of a bitch!"  ;D

Lol. This is Getbig, we do that here.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 04:47:43 AM »
youre a fat old fossil
No one even knows who you are
Most thought u blew your brains out in the late 90s

No need to dis the kid b/c dad is a bit of a douche like you.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2018, 11:19:31 AM »
The swearing thing...  :-\ it is what it is. I didn't notice all that much swearing, but more mainstream outlets that censor language do it because they have multiple demos they have to appeal to, they have fcc regulations they have to consider,etc. Censoring language on an internet talkshow about gym culture seems arbitrary.

Most of the other stuff in OP's post, I don't disagree with, but the show has been improving.  Some of it aligns with stuff I wrote in my review a few weeks back, and it could be a coincidence, but I noticed that some changes to the show happened after I posted it. I don't know if it was because of what I wrote on here, though, because I would guess most people have the same criticisms revolving around how unprofessional it seems. I have checked out all of the episodes, but I have yet to make it through an entire one.

Shawn, if you're reading this, I did notice that the girl did a recent diatribe about how people say she's unprofessional and she's not going to change because it's not who she is. You should let her know that it doesn't have anything to do with being "fake" , but her lack of professionalism makes the show hard to watch and harder to follow. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 11:20:52 AM »

Dirtbag move. I'm sure most of the losers on here will think it's amazing and applaud your mentally-unbalanced ass, though.  :-\

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2018, 11:47:06 AM »
The YouTube channel I like, and I think one of the best on bodybuilding, is Nick's Strength and Power.  And it has a lot more subscribers than Generation Iron:  292,000 versus 169,000.

www.youtube.com/user/TheDankNick/videos

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2018, 12:11:37 PM »
The YouTube channel I like, and I think one of the best on bodybuilding, is Nick's Strength and Power.  And it has a lot more subscribers than Generation Iron:  292,000 versus 169,000.

www.youtube.com/user/TheDankNick/videos

I've been on Nick's Strength and Power since he had a couple thousand people. He's doing a great job. I watch all his videos. Impressive for such a young guy especially.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2018, 12:14:28 PM »
I've been on Nick's Strength and Power since he had a couple thousand people. He's doing a great job. I watch all his videos. Impressive for such a young guy especially.

He's ok but I had to stop watching when he said he thinks Hugh Jackman was natural in Wolverine.