Author Topic: Betancourt Nutrition - Whey Protein Review  (Read 2080 times)

CAPTAIN MARVEL

• Getbig II
  • The World's Mightiest Mortal
Betancourt Nutrition - Whey Protein Review
« on: April 11, 2006, 10:47:51 PM »
Betancourt Nutrition Whey Protein - Vanilla Hazelnut Mocha Flavor
I received a sample of this from Jorge Betancourt's supplement company a few days ago, so here is my review of the stuff.

Mixability:
Appeared to be instantized, as the protein mixed very quickly and totally without any kind of clumping after a few shakes. There was a little bit of foaming, but this is expected with isolates and at least verifies to me that there are indeed isolates in the product.

Taste
While I am not the biggest fan of vanilla, I was intrigued about the hazelnut mocha aspect. Turned out this stuff tasted AWESOME in milk. Really good and smooth without being too sweet or overpowering. Also, little or no whey aftertaste to speak of. Definitely better than ONs flavors, and up there with Syntrax Nectar and Ergopharm GF Pro, both of which are significantly more expensive.

Other
Pretty cool package and a pretty good value at some of the internet retailers. No aspartame is an added plus, but I would have like to see some aminogen or digestive enzymes added. Overall a kickass protein.
I give it an 8 or 9 out of 10.
SHAZAM!

CAPTAIN MARVEL

• Getbig II
Re: Betancourt Nutrition - Whey Protein Review
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 10:49:16 PM »
here is the link from Jorge's site:
http://www.betancourtnutrition.com/whey.html
SHAZAM!

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 09:27:56 AM »
Do you know where I can find a listing of the ingredients in this product.  I looked on the website but didn't see it.
Jennifer

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 01:46:35 PM »
The best and cheapest whey protein ive used and love taste and effectiveness is by nature's best $25 for a huge container and 22 grams per scoop and the scoop is small. You need to find out how much you get per scoop.  Some of them out their are a joke.  The ones advertised the most may not necesarily be the best.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 02:00:49 PM »
2lbs for $35 is pretty steep!  What's in it?  PURE GROWTH HORMONE!

CAPTAIN MARVEL

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 09:42:34 AM »
Do you know where I can find a listing of the ingredients in this product.  I looked on the website but didn't see it.
Your right, its not on the site.
I already threw away the bottle, so I think best bet would be to e-mail the company. I remember it was a blend of whey concentrate and isolate. I believe it was sweetened with sucralose. Really did taste good, I am thinking of buying a jug when I need some more whey.
SHAZAM!