Author Topic: Fla. students' gun control push has 'George Soros' fingerprints all over it'  (Read 5244 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
what is the "legislation" that you're imagining here (I'm not aware of any) and how will it restrict our freedom

can you give me those specifis?

One example that gets debated with varying degrees of intensity every time their is a mass shooting is the idea of banning all or some semi-automatic rifles.

Another example is lowering the allowed magazine capacity to a maximum of 10 nationwide.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
We have to remember that.....

yep, simple minded view for simpletons

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
One example that gets debated with varying degrees of intensity every time their is a mass shooting is the idea of banning all or some semi-automatic rifles.

Another example is lowering the allowed magazine capacity to a maximum of 10 nationwide.

so neither of those things - let's say banning some semi-automatic rifles and lower magazine capacity would not in ANY WAY lesson the carnage in a mass shooting event right

I assume you believe that and can also prove it?

Also, how exactly does that hinder your freedom?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert

But is it factually incorrect?  Criminals and lunatics don't obey laws.  

It's already against the law to kill someone regardless of how you do it.  People are still getting killed every day.

Also, did banning heroin stop people from possessing and using heroin?  Of course not.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V

and yet you still can't seem to comprehend it....    ???

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
so neither of those things - let's say banning some semi-automatic rifles and lower magazine capacity would not in ANY WAY lesson the carnage in a mass shooting event right

I assume you believe that and can also prove it?

Also, how exactly does that hinder your freedom?

OK, lets say Feinstein or some other idiot puts out a bill to ban all semi-automatic weapons and requires everyone to turn the weapons over to the government.

How do you make sure that everyone obeys that order?  You can't.  They only people that would obey are the ones not inclined to go on killing sprees.  Criminals and nutjobs would continue to be well armed.  Now I am not well armed.  I am a sitting duck just waiting around crossing my fingers and hoping some piece of shit doesn't walk into a restraunt with an AK or a glock, shoot me in the face and rape my lady friend.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert

We don't pass laws in order to minimize problems (even death) in "ANY WAY".  We weigh the benefit and the cost.

If we forced men to stop fucking each other in the ass less people would get AIDS.  That would lessen the mortality rate of gay men.  Should we do that?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
I think we just need to pass legislation to make murder even more super duper illegal

::)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
I think we just need to pass legislation to make murder even more super duper illegal

What if we made the penalty for murder so severe that if you get convicted of intentionally killing someone you could be put to death yourself?

Surely the threat of death would discourage people from committing murder.  Right?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Right?   ::)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
An interesting detail of the repeated failures of authorities to act on explicit warnings about this kid.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
We don't pass laws in order to minimize problems (even death) in "ANY WAY".  We weigh the benefit and the cost.

If we forced men to stop fucking each other in the ass less people would get AIDS.  That would lessen the mortality rate of gay men.  Should we do that?

so we don't have seat belt laws to minimize death and injury
how about helmet laws for people driving motorcyles

Of course we have drunk driving laws but I don't really see the point because if you really want to drive drunk you're going to find a way.  Whats the point

If the law can't stop something 100% and all of the time then the law is worthless

That's why Republican never bother with laws to try to limit abortion.  They always make the argument that it's pointless because if you really want to get an abortion you're going to find way.

I cou

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
so we don't have seat belt laws to minimize death and injury
how about helmet laws for people driving motorcyles

Of course we have drunk driving laws but I don't really see the point because if you really want to drive drunk you're going to find a way.  Whats the point

If the law can't stop something 100% and all of the time then the law is worthless

That's why Republican never bother with laws to try to limit abortion.  They always make the argument that it's pointless because if you really want to get an abortion you're going to find way.

Laws do NOT deter crime... they merely punish those who commit them

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

That's a blanket statement that probably isn't true at all. Granted there are laws that don't have much impact like using your blinker to change lanes but I'm willing to bet there are numerous laws that prevent numerous people from breaking them. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Do we ever create laws to deter anything, even non-crimes?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
But is it factually incorrect?  Criminals and lunatics don't obey laws.  

It's already against the law to kill someone regardless of how you do it.  People are still getting killed every day.

Also, did banning heroin stop people from possessing and using heroin?  Of course not.

so there is nothing we can do on the "gun" side of the argument then to in any way reduce the amount of death and carnage.

Is that what you're saying ?

Be honest because I might just agree with you

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden

Laws do deter crime - just not all or even most crime.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
OK, lets say Feinstein or some other idiot puts out a bill to ban all semi-automatic weapons and requires everyone to turn the weapons over to the government.

How do you make sure that everyone obeys that order?  You can't.  They only people that would obey are the ones not inclined to go on killing sprees.  Criminals and nutjobs would continue to be well armed.  Now I am not well armed.  I am a sitting duck just waiting around crossing my fingers and hoping some piece of shit doesn't walk into a restraunt with an AK or a glock, shoot me in the face and rape my lady friend.

Gun laws (like restraining orders and speed limits) affect law-abiding citizens. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Gun laws (like restraining orders and speed limits) affect law-abiding citizens. 

It could just be the current laws suck

Fuzzy Nuts

Not an argument. 

Long on eye rolling, short on logic.
So, whatever clarke says is truth to you?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
Seriously... what are the odds 4 cops are "cowards" waiting outside while the shooting was occurring?

Sure seems more likely they received a stand down order to help advance the Jews gun grabber cause

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Seriously... what are the odds 4 cops are "cowards" waiting outside while the shooting was occurring?

Sure seems more likely they received a stand down order to help advance the Jews gun grabber cause

If you think it is more likely they were told to not go in, in spite if 1. The deputy we KNOW was there and didn't go in resigned and has been publicly shamed by the people who allegedly told him to stand down..without him saying a word.  and 2. There are allegations there were 3 others that is being looked into but not confirmed; than the deputy was just too chicken shit or poorly trained to do what he was expected to do, you may have a critical thinking problem. It's like saying "Seems more likely the school shooter was brainwashed and drugged by a secret liberal group to commit the murders than that he just decided to on his own"

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
So, whatever clarke says is truth to you?

You are really bad at this.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert

Wasn't it reported that the cops waited outside for a long time when that smelly mooslim was in the Florida club shooting people up a year or two ago?

I thought that was something people were pissed at back then.  I think they eventually went in but they took their sweet ass time.

If I'm remembering correctly.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Couple of weeks ago Dems were saying our kids were too stupid and needed extra warnings to not eat detergent pods, this week Dems are saying our kids are smart enough to have their opinions taken seriously on the 2nd Amendment.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2018/02/06/lawmakers-take-on-tide-pods-with-call-for-regulation-238987
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!