Author Topic: Fla. students' gun control push has 'George Soros' fingerprints all over it'  (Read 5243 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Couple of weeks ago Dems were saying our kids were too stupid and needed extra warnings to not eat detergent pods, this week Dems are saying our kids are smart enough to have their opinions taken seriously on the 2nd Amendment.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2018/02/06/lawmakers-take-on-tide-pods-with-call-for-regulation-238987

I would say some kids are stupid when it comes to things like the pod challenge. I would also say some kids are more mature than many adults I interact with on a regular basis and them actually having gone through a homicide in progress mass shooting seeing their friends slaughtered, they might have a point that might be worth listening to. But that's just me, I'm obviously in the minority here  :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
I would say some kids are stupid when it comes to things like the pod challenge. I would also say some kids are more mature than many adults I interact with on a regular basis and them actually having gone through a homicide in progress mass shooting seeing their friends slaughtered, they might have a point that might be worth listening to. But that's just me, I'm obviously in the minority here  :)
Or they could be traumatized and having adults with an agenda taking advantage of their teenage emotions.
But that's just my common sense talking.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Or they could be traumatized and having adults with an agenda taking advantage of their teenage emotions.
But that's just my common sense talking.

That would make it easier for a conservative to accept certainly. It couldn't possibly be a good idea to limit access to military type weapons and large capacity mags.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
That would make it easier for a conservative to accept certainly. It couldn't possibly be a good idea to limit access to military type weapons and large capacity mags.

No, it's not a good idea.  It will have little to no effect on school shootings.  Count on that.

We are ready had an assault weapons ban and it did fuck-all to prevent violent crime according to the multiple studies that were done afterwards.  There's no reason to think that doing it again would somehow have a different result. 

The proposed ban does nothing to address the root causes of these shootings.  All it would do is limit the rights of people that aren't likely to be mass murderers.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
No, it's not a good idea.  It will have little to no effect on school shootings.  Count on that.

We are ready had an assault weapons ban and it did fuck-all to prevent violent crime according to the multiple studies that were done afterwards.  There's no reason to think that doing it again would somehow have a different result. 

The proposed ban does nothing to address the root causes of these shootings.  All it would do is limit the rights of people that aren't likely to be mass murderers.

and I appreciate your opinion. I think less access to those weapons would likely reduce the number killed, Maybe not but I think so, and  while I'm not a fan of "lets just do something" for doing something, I'm not ready to accept that we can't impact it with a comprehensive  plan that includes taking some of those weapons off the street.     

chaos

• Getbig V
Statements like this are what make me question your supposed LE background. It's amazing to me that someone that has your supposed background believes that infringing on law abiding citizens will stop criminals.
How do you feel about the war on drugs?
What about underage drinking?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
and I appreciate your opinion. I think less access to those weapons would likely reduce the number killed, Maybe not but I think so, and  while I'm not a fan of "lets just do something" for doing something, I'm not ready to accept that we can't impact it with a comprehensive  plan that includes taking some of those weapons off the street.     

I appreciate your opinion as well.  You seem like a reasonable chap.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Statements like this are what make me question your supposed LE background. It's amazing to me that someone that has your supposed background believes that infringing on law abiding citizens will stop criminals.
How do you feel about the war on drugs?
What about underage drinking?

Statements like that from someone with my background ought to make you give it a second thought but thats fine. We don't share the same opinion on something that is widely debated, probably not the end of the world. Infringing.... interesting choice. Those kids lives were infringed upon. The families of the kids were infringed upon. I think that infringment is a little more detrimental than Bubba not being able to buy a military type weapon to add to his collection and plunk targets with.

War on drugs, causes more harm than good.

Underage drinking? Don't care much about it unless they are driving afterwards or otherwise endangering lives.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
I appreciate your opinion as well.  You seem like a reasonable chap.

Thanks, I try to be reasonable. I know going in that in most cases it's just my opinion and I've been wrong before I could very well be wrong again. Things that are subjective, I try to be open minded about other views.

chaos

• Getbig V
Statements like that from someone with my background ought to make you give it a second thought but thats fine.

Knowing many LE and military guys at many different levels of government, I have yet to talk to one that feels the way you do. And that is an astonishing thought since I live in the liberal capital of the country. So someone from TX willing to give up his rights, it's odd.

In all seriousness, do you honestly believe making a type of gun illegal will stop mass shootings?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Knowing many LE and military guys at many different levels of government, I have yet to talk to one that feels the way you do. And that is an astonishing thought since I live in the liberal capital of the country. So someone from TX willing to give up his rights, it's odd.

In all seriousness, do you honestly believe making a type of gun illegal will stop mass shootings?

I have given up my right to own a bazooka and a flame thrower. I think they would be cool at the range but I understand the thought behind that and hand grenades. I have never advocated giving up a persons right to own a handgun or rifle. But like the other military weapons, I don't see a real need for Bubba to have that AK-47 with the 30 round mags. Call me crazy but I think Bubba will be fine without it. I own a couple handguns and rifles. I don't own a AR or AK but if I did and a ban went into effect, I could get through the day just fine.

I've never advocated that making the owning of military type weapons would stop mass shootings but I do think it might reduce them and or the number of casualties. I am willing to give up my option to own one of those type weapons to find out.

chaos

• Getbig V
I am willing to give up my option to own one of those type weapons to find out.
I'm not.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
I'm not.

and you know what, that's cool..

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
I'm not.

Me neither.  Molṑn labé bitches.  Come and take them.

Plus, we already did find out.  We had an assault weapon ban already and it had jack shit impact on violent crime.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Plus, we already did find out.  We had an assault weapon ban already and it had jack shit impact on violent crime.

How long was that assault weapon ban. I forget

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

"Back in 1994, Congress passed a federal assault-weapons ban that lasted 10 years. Experts who have studied the law tend to agree that it was rife with loopholes and generally ineffective at curbing gun violence — though it might well have reduced mass shootings."

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
"Back in 1994, Congress passed a federal assault-weapons ban that lasted 10 years. Experts who have studied the law tend to agree that it was rife with loopholes and generally ineffective at curbing gun violence — though it might well have reduced mass shootings."

That comes from the (liberal) Washington Post's editorial on the ban and not from any of the many actual studies.  I don't have the time or desire to point why that sentence is wrong. I'm tired and no amount of evidence is enough to make any difference to anyone.  People have their opinions and they are firm in them just like I am firm in them mine.  Nothing wrong with that.  Sometimes I like to babble on about this stuff with people but in reality I need to remind myself that the time for debate is over.  Now is the time for "fuck you, come and take them".  I hope you understand that I'm not saying fuck you to you yourself.  I wouldn't do that.  I trust that you do understand.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
That comes from the (liberal) Washington Post's editorial on the ban and not from any of the many actual studies.  I don't have the time or desire to point why that sentence is wrong. I'm tired and no amount of evidence is enough to make any difference to anyone.  People have their opinions and they are firm in them just like I am firm in them mine.  Nothing wrong with that.  Sometimes I like to babble on about this stuff with people but in reality I need to remind myself that the time for debate is over.  Now is the time for "fuck you, come and take them".  I hope you understand that I'm not saying fuck you to you yourself.  I wouldn't do that.  I trust that you do understand.

No worries. Like I said, its a complicated issue. The results are death so it is something we need to examine as a nation and not everyone will agree. I appreciate and enjoyed the discussion.   

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
No worries. Like I said, its a complicated issue. The results are death so it is something we need to examine as a nation and not everyone will agree. I appreciate and enjoyed the discussion.   

Cheers.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
idk guys, it kinda looks like the NRA has their hands all fingerprints all over it!  ;D
a

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

chaos

• Getbig V
Ineffective....good word to use for that. Criminals will always criminal.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TheGrinch

• Getbig V

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
 :D  Boss Hogg found another camera!
a

chaos

• Getbig V
Kid is a puppet caught up over his head.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!