Author Topic: What is your vision of a Great America?  (Read 1022 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
What is your vision of a Great America?
« on: March 04, 2018, 08:00:42 PM »
trying to put politics and hate talk aside, what would be your idea of the America you've always wanted

For me, generally speaking, I long for a Government that was of the people, by the people and for the people. Where government elected officials thought of America first. I would like accountability.  I'd like to see a time when government spending was curtailed to things that mattered for us and what the founding fathers envisioned like roads and infrastructure. The days of studying the mating habits of the red tailed fox for 4 million would be gone.   
I'd like to see a mandate where our war veterans would be taken care of and treated with respect by the V.A. We ask so much of them and then cut them loose when they can't function because of damage they incurred fighting for us
I'd like to see a time when going to war was really the last option
I'd like to see Churches and volunteer organizations stepping up to help the less fortunate and not leave it to the government.

I'd Love to see and America where we can disagree on political views and refrain from painting the other person as having a mental desease

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: What is your vision of a Great America?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 04:08:26 AM »
I've missed you Howard
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 04:33:02 AM »
But to answer your question, I would like to see a strong push for vocational training in public schools. Unfortunately, there is too much money in the University system to allow that - as well as too many kids thinking that college is the only route to take.

You'd be surprised at the number of kids in America who can't even score a 1000 on the SAT, but they will do everything on their power to get into a 4 yr. University. And guess who will be eagerly waiting for them with all sorts of "Financial Aid".

Don't get me started on some of the majors these kids are picking...  :-X
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 07:26:48 AM »
Free markets

Low taxes

Freedom of the individual

Low /  Little business taxes and regulations

Consolidate the Govt to 10% at mmost GDP spending

End all welfare - all of it - other than widow orphans

Violent thugs get iced or put into prison camps after 2-3 offenses

End public sector unions entirely

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 10:04:48 AM »
But to answer your question, I would like to see a strong push for vocational training in public schools. Unfortunately, there is too much money in the University system to allow that - as well as too many kids thinking that college is the only route to take.

You'd be surprised at the number of kids in America who can't even score a 1000 on the SAT, but they will do everything on their power to get into a 4 yr. University. And guess who will be eagerly waiting for them with all sorts of "Financial Aid".

Don't get me started on some of the majors these kids are picking...  :-X

good post

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 06:12:43 PM »
Free markets

Low taxes

Freedom of the individual

Low /  Little business taxes and regulations

Consolidate the Govt to 10% at mmost GDP spending

End all welfare - all of it - other than widow orphans

Violent thugs get iced or put into prison camps after 2-3 offenses

End public sector unions entirely

Everything you said. I'll add, th iced criminals need to have their organs donated to people on waiting lists.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 07:32:38 PM »
Everything you said. I'll add, th iced criminals need to have their organs donated to people on waiting lists.

Ok, I dig that