Author Topic: Sessions unloads on California Dems for ‘radical, open borders agenda’  (Read 4523 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
*Applause* 

Sessions unloads on California Dems for ‘radical, open borders agenda’

By Adam Shaw   | Fox News

Attorney General Jeff Sessions notes that immigration is the province of the federal government, criticizes actions of Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf and announces lawsuit against California over 'sanctuary state' policies.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Wednesday unloaded on California Democrats who push a “radical, open borders agenda,” as his Justice Department sued the state over its immigration policies --  warning that there “will be no secession.”

Sessions spoke at an event for California law enforcement and a day after the Justice Department announced it was filing a lawsuit against the “sanctuary city” state over three pieces of legislation that it said interferes with federal immigration policy.

In his remarks, Sessions noted “worrisome” trends as violent crime increased in 2014 and 2015, particularly a surge in homicide and drug availability. He said that a lawful immigration system was part of tackling such trends.

Sessions said that while America admits the highest number of legal immigrants in the world, the American people deserve a legal, rational immigration system that protects the nation and preserves the national interest.

“It cannot be the policy of a great nation to reward those who unlawfully enter its country with legal status, Social Security, welfare, food stamps, and work permits and so forth. How can this be a sound policy?” he asked.

“Meanwhile, those who engage in this process lawfully and patiently and wait their turn are discriminated against, it seems, at every turn.”
Turning to California, he described "open borders" policies that refuse to apprehend and deport illegal immigrants as a “radical, irrational idea that cannot be accepted” and rejected the right of states to obstruct federal immigration law.

“There is no nullification. There is no secession,” he said. “Federal law is the supreme law of the land. I would invite any doubters to go to Gettysburg, or to the tombstones of John C. Calhoun and Abraham Lincoln."

He then tore into Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, who tipped off the public to an immigration raid in the San Francisco Bay Area last week -- a move he said led to as many 800 illegal immigrants evading capture and put both residents and law enforcement at risk.

“How dare you?” he said, addressing Schaaf. “How dare you needlessly endanger the lives of our law enforcement officers to promote a radical, open borders agenda.”

In defending the lawsuit, he accused California lawmakers of passing laws that are not only constitutional, but also a “plain violation of federal statute and common sense.”

“Importantly, these laws are harmful to Californians, and they’re especially harmful to our law enforcement,” he said.

"I did what I believe was right for my community as well as to protect public safety," Schaaf said Friday, according to NBC Bay Area. "People should be able to live without fear or panic and know their rights and responsibilities as well as their recourses."

Democrats have pushed back against the Trump administration's crackdown on so-called “sanctuary cities” where officials are ordered not to cooperate with federal authorities.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Wednesday that the lawsuit marked “a new low” from the Trump administration and said the president was abusing the legal system “to push his mass deportation agenda.”

"The people of California will not be bowed by the Trump administration's brazen aggression and intimidation tactics,” Pelosi said. “Californians will continue to proudly keep our doors open to the immigrants who make America more American. We will fight this sham lawsuit and will fight all cowardly attacks on our immigrant communities."

But in his remarks, Sessions appeared to be happy to fight, promising that the administration will win the fight and protect law enforcement in doing their jobs.

“California is using every power it has, and some it does not, to frustrate federal law enforcement,” he said. “So you can be sure I’m going to use every power I have to stop them.”

Sessions has been a longtime favorite of Trump’s base due to his fight against illegal immigration as an Alabama senator. In a 2015 handbook to fellow GOP lawmakers, he called “immigration reform” a “legislative honorific almost exclusively reserved for proposals which benefit everyone but actual American citizens.”

But Sessions quickly fell out of favor with President Trump, particularly over his decision to recuse himself from investigations related to alleged ties between Russia and the Trump campaign.

Trump has lashed out against Sessions on a number of occasions, and has even said he would not have appointed Sessions if he knew what he was going to do.

Last week Trump blasted Sessions over his decision to ask the inspector general to review alleged surveillance abuse by intelligence agencies.

Trump complained that the IG is an “Obama guy” and such an investigation will “take forever” (though the inspector general has served under presidents of both parties).

"Why not use Justice Department lawyers? DISGRACEFUL!" Trump tweeted.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/07/sessions-unloads-on-california-dems-for-radical-open-borders-agenda.html

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
This is what happpens when you have Gov that doesn’t know the difference between a country and a state

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Joe I don't know how you manage to stick around.

It seems like that state gets worse and worse every year.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

you must visit here often

tell us your experience on how it's worse each time you visit?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

If I had a job that I could transfer from one state to another, I probably would. But in the meantime, I'll just stick around for the comedy relief. We are working more online and have a small apparel line thats growing so who knows what the future holds, but as long as left of left liberals are running this state, the future isn't here.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
you must visit here often

tell us your experience on how it's worse each time you visit?

Isn't that your mayor that's about to be sitting in a jail cell?

I can't remember which city you lived in but I think it's somewhere in the area.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Isn't that your mayor that's about to be sitting in a jail cell?

I can't remember which city you lived in but I think it's somewhere in the area.

I'm in San Jose

How have you noticed things getting worse when you've visited

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I'm in San Jose

How have you noticed things getting worse when you've visited

:D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
:D

So you can't think of anything that you've noticed is "worse and worse" each year

What state do you live in?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
::)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/384853002

http://www.dailycal.org/2018/03/06/california-worst-quality-life-us-report-says/

LOL - you mean you're referring to the rigged media and fake news

Hilarious

So I'm guessing you're never actually been here

Where do you live again?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
If I had a job that I could transfer from one state to another, I probably would. But in the meantime, I'll just stick around for the comedy relief. We are working more online and have a small apparel line thats growing so who knows what the future holds, but as long as left of left liberals are running this state, the future isn't here.

I'm sure you can find a job crippling teenagers in some other state and supplement that with your tire flipping lessons

You should definitely consider leaving

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
LOL - you mean you're referring to the rigged media and fake news

Hilarious

So I'm guessing you're never actually been here

Where do you live again?

Ah so a California based site reporting on California is fake news?

Yeah good luck selling that one.

North Dakota was ranked number one. Probably too cold and too much snow for my liking though.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Ah so a California based site reporting on California is fake news?

Yeah good luck selling that one.

North Dakota was ranked number one. Probably too cold and too much snow for my liking though.

all media is "fake" and "rigged"

I learned that from Trump and Trumptards

So too ashamed to admit the state where you live?

Why is that?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
I'm sure you can find a job crippling teenagers in some other state and supplement that with your tire flipping lessons

You should definitely consider leaving

If it brings me ANOTHER Super Bowl winner then I might.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
If it brings me ANOTHER Super Bowl winner then I might.

what do you mean brings you a super bowl winner (and why would that even matter given how awful your buddy polychronopolous imagines it is here)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
what do you mean brings you a super bowl winner (and why would that even matter given how awful your buddy polychronopolous imagines it is here)

I still don't understand why you crack on Joe so much.

The guy has trained mma fighters, worked out with the USC team.

Improving the athletic ability and building confidence in teens and young adults.

Pretty cool life if u ask me!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
California is not a bad place.

I recently moved after living there for 38 years.  

Some pros:The weather is great, very well integrated and diverse.  Its the only place I know of that you can snow ski and surf in the same day, great veg.  Lots to do.  

Some  Cons:  Traffic sucks, high crime in some areas, expensive, high taxes.  

What cracks me up is the occasional Conservative taking shots at Cali, most often talking about how its going bankrupt, its progressive nature, liberals etc.

Get over it people, stop sucking on the conservative nipple so much.

But, it is over the line on immigration in my opinion with politicians pandering to illegals due to the large Hispanic population.  Declaring open cities, giving illegals driver's licenses etc.  I guess that's the price we have to pay for cheap veg, and day laborers.  lol

Hopefully I didn't misspell anything here or I might violate my probation.   ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I still don't understand why you crack on Joe so much.

The guy has trained mma fighters, worked out with the USC team.

Improving the athletic ability and building confidence in teens and young adults.

Pretty cool life if u ask me!

I give him just as much as shit as he gives me

Also, I'm not actually impressed with his "coaching" abilities or his constant need to brag about shit he is doing (or more usually - about something he hopes might happen).

He seems to have a constant need for attention and praise for doing shit that plenty of other people do all over this country (same goes for  Goodrum who seems to crave praise for the very common action of buying a used car or a mobile home).  

I am curious why you shit on a state you've apparently never visited while dodging the question of where you live.  I guess it could be embarrassing if you live in some shit state or city.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Some pros:The weather is great, very well integrated and diverse.  Its the only place I know of that you can snow ski and surf in the same day, great veg.  Lots to do.  

What cracks me up is the occasional Conservative taking shots at Cali, most often talking about how its going bankrupt, its progressive nature, liberals etc.

But, it is over the line on immigration in my opinion with politicians pandering to illegals due to the large Hispanic population.  Declaring open cities, giving illegals driver's licenses etc.  I guess that's the price we have to pay for cheap veg, and day laborers.  lol

where did you move to?

I think about leaving only when I see how cheap (relatively speaking) real estate is in other parts of the country.  I could sell my house and buy a house for cash and still have plenty of money left over.  Only problem is that I love the weather in the bay area.   Almost every time I talk with a family member in Texas it's raining, or freezing or hotter than hell.   I remember when I lived in Texas there were about two months in April when the weather was great and it sucked most of the rest of the time

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
So you can't think of anything that you've noticed is "worse and worse" each year

What state do you live in?

Fuck off you commie bastard
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
where did you move to?

I think about leaving only when I see how cheap (relatively speaking) real estate is in other parts of the country.  I could sell my house and buy a house for cash and still have plenty of money left over.  Only problem is that I love the weather in the bay area.   Almost every time I talk with a family member in Texas it's raining, or freezing or hotter than hell.   I remember when I lived in Texas there were about two months in April when the weather was great and it sucked most of the rest of the time

You live in San Jose, it's like the San Bernardino of Nor. Cal. Trulia is your friend and probably your only friend.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
where did you move to?

You could probably get a ton of land and a big house in North Dakota for that kind of money.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

This gets repeated a lot:  we need illegals, because they do the manual labor jobs that Americans will not do.  But I've recently been learning that it isn't accurate.  The numbers don't support it.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You could probably get a ton of land and a big house in North Dakota for that kind of money.

is that where you live?

I doubt I would like the winter there