Author Topic: Sessions unloads on California Dems for ‘radical, open borders agenda’  (Read 4524 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You live in San Jose, it's like the San Bernardino of Nor. Cal. Trulia is your friend and probably your only friend.

Never been to San Bernardino

how is it like San Jose?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
This gets repeated a lot:  we need illegals, because they do the manual labor jobs that Americans will not do.  But I've recently been learning that it isn't accurate.  The numbers don't support it.  

What numbers would those be?

I may be skeptical about some studies because I don't think undocumented workers are really enforced that well at some of these companies by the state governments.  

I have always believed the key to stopping illegal immigration is aggressively policing and fining companies that hire illegals.   The "wall" is nipple juice.

If its not for the jobs, why are they here? Canada is bound to have better free stuff.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

I may be skeptical about some studies because I don't think undocumented workers are really enforced that well at some of these companies by the state governments. 

I have always believed the key to stopping illegal immigration is aggressively policing and fining companies that hire illegals.

If its not for the jobs, why are they here? Canada is bound to have better free stuff.

Don't you know

They are all here so they can vote illegally

That's what they dream about doing when they come to America

James

OzmO

• Getbig V
Don't you know

They are all here so they can vote illegally

That's what they dream about doing when they come to America

So free health care in Canada doesn't trump that?

Canada must have a huge wall.

OzmO

• Getbig V

An opinion piece of fox news.  Imagine that.  And because she mowed lawns and her mother did dirty work that makes it all untrue.   Those people I see in cleaning my hotel rooms, and in the fields in Central Cali must be using shoe polish to block the sun.  

Nipple juice.

OMG!!!!  I just remembered, I delivered papers when i was a kid!!!   Those are Mexicans in them fields!!!!!!!!

James

So free health care in Canada doesn't trump that?

Canada must have a huge wall.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

I have always believed the key to stopping illegal immigration is aggressively policing and fining companies that hire illegals.   The "wall" is nipple juice.

Here is one:  https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/us/immigrants-arent-taking-americans-jobs-new-study-finds.html

I think the best thing we can do to slow illegal immigration stop that anchor baby practice.  Enforcing the laws against employers would definitely help.  I think the wall will help.  So do the ICE raids.  

OzmO

• Getbig V

It wasn't a wall.   They can't get jobs there.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Here is one:  https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/us/immigrants-arent-taking-americans-jobs-new-study-finds.html

I think the best thing we can do to slow illegal immigration stop that anchor baby practice.  Enforcing the laws against employers would definitely help.  I think the wall will help.  So do the ICE raids.  

A wall is a joke.  If employers will get put out of business because of high fines and enforcement, illegal immigration stops.

All the wall is, is way for the government to spend money....again.

James

It wasn't a wall.   They can't get jobs there.

it states in the top of the chart  "turned back when trying to enter Canada"

OzmO

• Getbig V

What's the unemployment rate right now?  Isn't low?  

besides that article is talking about immigrants, not illegal immigrants right?

OzmO

• Getbig V
it states in the top of the chart  "turned back when trying to enter Canada"

Are you saying you believe Canada has a wall?

James

A wall is a joke.  If employers will get put out of business because of high fines and enforcement, illegal immigration stops.

many come here for the welfare and freebies. not just jobs

Report: More than half of immigrants on welfare

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/01/immigrant-welfare-use-report/71517072/

OzmO

• Getbig V
many come here for the welfare and freebies. not just jobs

Report: More than half of immigrants on welfare

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/01/immigrant-welfare-use-report/71517072/

So we have better welfare than Canada?

Or is that wall?  

Really though, seems like an easy fix.  Make it illegal to give welfare assistance to illegal immigrants.  Hows the republican lead congress on that one?

No need to spend 30 billion on a wall that won't work.

James

Many are not here to do the "jobs american wont do" but for a free ride, so ending their ability to work wont do it alone.

OzmO

• Getbig V

Many are not here to do the "jobs american wont do" but for a free ride, so ending their ability to work wont do it alone.
I am sure "many" are.

Make it illegal and it ends.

Meanwhile, we have millions picking fruit, cleaning hotel rooms, working in the service industry.  

BTW its a sucky free ride.

A decent free ride in California would be 30K per year and even then it sucks.

James

LA made $1.3B in illegal immigrant welfare payouts in just 2 years

He said the costs of education, police and fire, medical, and subsidized housing can total $24,000 per year in government spending per family, much more than would be paid in taxes.

“They get $3 in benefits for every $1 they spend,”
Rector said.

In 2013, California spent a total of $25.3 billion on illegal immigrants
– or $2,370 per U.S. citizen household, according to a 2013 study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform. Texas and New York were second and third, at $12.1 billion and $9.5 billion, respectively.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/03/la-made-1-3b-in-illegal-immigrant-welfare-payouts-in-just-2-years.html

OzmO

• Getbig V
LA made $1.3B in illegal immigrant welfare payouts in just 2 years

He said the costs of education, police and fire, medical, and subsidized housing can total $24,000 per year in government spending per family, much more than would be paid in taxes.

“They get $3 in benefits for every $1 they spend,” Rector said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/03/la-made-1-3b-in-illegal-immigrant-welfare-payouts-in-just-2-years.html

Imagine a republican lead congress...  

“They get $3 in benefits for every $1 they spend,” Rector said

This is a nice way to make a gee wiz argument!   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
A wall is a joke.  If employers will get put out of business because of high fines and enforcement, illegal immigration stops.

I don't think any one thing will completely stop illegal immigration, but the biggest hammer is anchor babies. 

I don't think the wall is a joke.  If it's a good one, it would absolutely help slow illegal immigration.  Wouldn't solve the problem by itself, but would help. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
What's the unemployment rate right now?  Isn't low?  

besides that article is talking about immigrants, not illegal immigrants right?

We're talking about whether (as you and many others say), illegals do jobs Americans will not do. 

Here is another one:  https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/09/illegal-immigration-american-farming-economic-myths-debunked/

An excerpt:

Most illegals do not work in agriculture — only about 4 percent of the illegal-immigrant population is employed in farming. In no state is farming the predominant occupation of illegal immigrants; even in places such as California, where labor-intensive fruit-and-vegetable farming attracts a relatively large illegal workforce, the main occupations of illegals are in hospitality (restaurants and hotels), services, and transportation.

Likewise, most of the people working in agriculture are not illegals: The great majority of the farming workforce is composed of legal workers, with illegals constituting about one-fourth of the total. Illegals make up a larger share of the farm workforce than they do any other labor pool, but they remain a small though not inconsequential minority of workers.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
I'm in San Jose

How have you noticed things getting worse when you've visited

No wonder you're demoncrat.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
We're talking about whether (as you and many others say), illegals do jobs Americans will not do. 

Here is another one:  https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/09/illegal-immigration-american-farming-economic-myths-debunked/

An excerpt:

Most illegals do not work in agriculture — only about 4 percent of the illegal-immigrant population is employed in farming. In no state is farming the predominant occupation of illegal immigrants; even in places such as California, where labor-intensive fruit-and-vegetable farming attracts a relatively large illegal workforce, the main occupations of illegals are in hospitality (restaurants and hotels), services, and transportation.

Likewise, most of the people working in agriculture are not illegals: The great majority of the farming workforce is composed of legal workers, with illegals constituting about one-fourth of the total. Illegals make up a larger share of the farm workforce than they do any other labor pool, but they remain a small though not inconsequential minority of workers.

But the article you first posted was about immigrants not illegal immigrants right?

OzmO

• Getbig V
No wonder you're demoncrat.

Do you live in San Jose Chaos?

James

I recently moved after living there for 38 years.  

Why did you leave ?